Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, so once again....

Absolutely nothing on the FE cannot be had on the Badlands except the graphics on the outside and the lovely blue interior???? Im not that picky with the color top (grey/black), so if thats another thing, not a huge deal.
Totally agree, I think Ford might have over sold the FE as being somthing really special, which in fact it really isn't. It's advertised as having the best of the other models combined, when you can in fact option the other models out to be at a FE level. Good marketing on Fords part with the FE, to bad they couldn't deliver. I'm starting to seriously rethink Wildtrak or Badlands especially if we have to deal with a fugly blue interior. Put that in your "we're listening" pipe and smoke it.
The FE description is starting to leave a sour taste. Over hyped and under delivered. That Reservation Full banner might be coming down quicker than you think. We might see alot of FE reservation holders jumping ship when Build snd Price site hits. Hopefully we're missing somthing special on the FE but my gut is telling me we're not.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread Screenshot_20200829-013432_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Totally agree, I think Ford might have over sold the FE as being somthing really special, which in fact it really isn't. It's advertised as having the best of the other models combined, when you can in fact option the other models out to be at a FE level. Good marketing on Fords part with the FE, to bad they couldn't deliver. I'm starting to seriously rethink Wildtrak or Badlands especially if we have to deal with a fugly blue interior. Put that in your "we're listening" pipe and smoke it.
The FE description is starting to leave a sour taste. Over hyped and under delivered. That Reservation Full banner might be coming down quicker than you think.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread Screenshot_20200829-013432_Chrome
Sometimes I wonder if they're intentionally disappointing us so less-informed fanboys can snatch them up from dealers marked-up for more profits.

Resale value is gonna be dogshit. But I'm glad we can move down to Badlands and get all the same goodies so we can laugh at the guys that bought the FE's for "exclusivity."

(Even though I'm still REALLY hoping Ford doesn't fuck this up and does something wildly cool with the FE's when Build & Price opens up.)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sometimes I wonder if they're intentionally disappointing us so less-informed fanboys can snatch them up from dealers marked-up for more profits.

Resale value is gonna be dogshit. But I'm glad we can move down to Badlands and get all the same goodies so we can laugh at the guys that bought the FE's for "exclusivity."

(Even though I'm still REALLY hoping Ford doesn't fuck this up and does something wildly cool with the FE's when Build & Price opens up.)
And to think, I really thought I hit the Lottery when I got my FE reservervation confirmed. From hero to zero is what the FE is starting to look like in my book.

TN Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Range Rover Sport SC, 2005 Mercedes G55
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And to think, I really thought I hit the Lottery when I got my FE reservervation confirmed. From hero to zero is what the FE is starting to look like in my book.
Weā€™ve been in agreement on all things FE, but Iā€™m not ready to write it off yet. There is still plenty of unknown and time for Ford to come up with something good:
- it Is loaded with virtually everything
- will absolutely have a higher resale (more expensive model always has higher resale than lower optioned up to same cost and slight exclusiveness / lower volume) although not likely enough difference to base your decision on
- graphics and badging may be a cool, unique touch
- interior may include unique stitching, logos, embroidery, FE plaque, etc... Mach e FE has some of this and special scuff plates
- rumored unique start up screen
But you can ignore all of that if we donā€˜t get an interior option because it likely wonā€™t be enough for me to live with Navy Pier. Iā€™ll go Wildtrak.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Weā€™ve been in agreement on all things FE, but Iā€™m not ready to write it off yet. There is still plenty of unknown and time for Ford to come up with something good:
~edited~
But you can ignore all of that if we donā€˜t get an interior option because it likely wonā€™t be enough for me to live with Navy Pier. Iā€™ll go Wildtrak.
I totally agree. I am all for the FE and hope Ford knocks it out of the park! But at the end of the day, and it turns out to be a flop, I'll max out a Wildtrak in a heartbeat. Hopefully Ford has been listening to us...

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same boat. Build and price will hopefully provide enough known info to decide. I might end up going opposite spectrum, a base or another low trim and an additional tow/camp vehicle.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

- will absolutely have a higher resale (more expensive model always has higher resale than lower optioned up to same cost and slight exclusiveness / lower volume) although not likely enough difference to base your decision on
- interior may include unique stitching, logos, embroidery, FE plaque, etc... Mach e FE has some of this and special scuff plates
Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the FE. Just saying we have had a lot of disappointmets on the FE road. First double production from 3500 to 7000. Second finding out we don't have a unique interior like the one off seats that were only made for show. And then finding out that our only interior choice is a fugly blue. Added to the fact that some Ford rep makes a statement "we're listening" where all the FE reservervation holders have to beg for more choices. I'm not a genius but anyone with half a brain can tell you most folks won't like blue leather seats in their $60,000 vehicle. And as someone mentioned if blue is some Ford thing, then at the very least offer a few interior choices on your most expensive trim package.
I'll wait to the build and price comes out to determine if getting a FE reservation is like winning the Lottery or getting the booby prize behind door number three. (Hint booby prize is Navy pier only interior)

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, this view isn't allowed. You're supposed to be 100% against the FE based on incomplete info. Didn't you know?

Lol

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My feeling is that we will all be pleasantly surprised. Of course Iā€™m an eternal optimist. :giggle:

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry, this view isn't allowed. You're supposed to be 100% against the FE based on incomplete info. Didn't you know?

Lol
Oh my gosh. You are so funny. Thank you so much for sharing this hilarious statement. Glad that you can understand and relate to the rest of us FE holders. Really hope you continue to post many more helpful posts like these.

/s

Sponsored

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree. Even the Mach-e First Edition has a FE only Grabber Blue choice.
Actually even that was a lie, I dropped my MachE FE Reservation because at the reveal they said Grabber Blue was FE only but when ordering opened up Grabber Blue was also offered on the GTs.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The ONLY way to get the wider stance of the wildtrack with the double lockers/sway bar disconnect of the badlands and the squatch suspension together (with all the other ā€œtop of the lineā€ items from each model) is to get the FE. If you donā€™t care a about those combinations then certainly donā€™t need a FE
You forgot to add that you get the brown calf skin Leather cooled & heated seats with the First Edition too.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The ONLY way to get the wider stance of the wildtrack with the double lockers/sway bar disconnect of the badlands and the squatch suspension together (with all the other ā€œtop of the lineā€ items from each model) is to getting the FE. If you donā€™t care a about those combinations then certainly donā€™t need a FE
I believe the wider stance of the Wildtrak will come with the Badlands if your getting squatch package. "Top of the line from other models refers to getting the Outerbanks interior on the FE, which might be a blessing or a curse depending on color choices. Unless something pops up on build and price that we're unaware of, the FE is basically a loaded up Badlands with the addition of striping and OB interior.

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The ONLY way to get the wider stance of the wildtrack with the double lockers/sway bar disconnect of the badlands and the squatch suspension together (with all the other ā€œtop of the lineā€ items from each model) is to get the FE. If you donā€™t care a about those combinations then certainly donā€™t need a FE
There is nothing special about the wildtrack stance. Any bronco can have the same stance, itā€™s just the squatch.
Sponsored