Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just realized summer ends in September so late summer availability could mean September for the parts, throw in production and delivery times on top of that!!

?
Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm definitely straddling the fence on FE. 2020 obviously became a bad year to try to launch a new vehicle and I can understand changes, delays, etc. The lack of clear communication is my biggest beef as it creates the emotional roller coaster we've all endured.

I'm also really bummed about the apparent weight issues causing no roof rails or tow package on the 4 door. Sure, I could aftermarket these but am I creating a dangerous vehicle? That same timeline announcement also says they will figure this out for MY22. As much as I'd like to have it this year I'm tempted to let all the kinks get worked out.

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm definitely straddling the fence on FE. 2020 obviously became a bad year to try to launch a new vehicle and I can understand changes, delays, etc. The lack of clear communication is my biggest beef as it creates the emotional roller coaster we've all endured.

I'm also really bummed about the apparent weight issues causing no roof rails or tow package on the 4 door. Sure, I could aftermarket these but am I creating a dangerous vehicle? That same timeline announcement also says they will figure this out for MY22. As much as I'd like to have it this year I'm tempted to let all the kinks get worked out.
I hear ya! I think the weight issues finally pushed me over the edge. I've got a family of 5, so we were going to be tight from the beginning. But now that I can't even haul all of our camping gear around and keep within the published limits kind of irks me.

I think I'm either going to flip the FE or trade it in on an order for an F-150 Tremor.

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hear ya! I think the weight issues finally pushed me over the edge. I've got a family of 5, so we were going to be tight from the beginning. But now that I can't even haul all of our camping gear around and keep within the published limits kind of irks me.

I think I'm either going to flip the FE or trade it in on an order for an F-150 Tremor.
I’m thinking the same just to sell!!!

turbodog

First Edition
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Excursion 6.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, I've read this thread off n on and just read the last two pages.

Has this been addressed about adding the black seats and dual black tops. Will this push it to a late delivery 2021 or so late it will be a 2022??? Seems how can you have a first edition with a model year of 2022. But 2022 wouldn't hurt my feelings because of resale value.

Look i'm not happy about all this delay either but I'm waiting to get what i want. It would be nice to know clarification about the rock rails too. I don't see them listed on the order guide as standard for the FE.

Last edited:

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WITH washout interior.

Minus power seats or rear cupholders.

I don't care too much about power seats though.

Minus all the black painted exterior trim and badges as well. And headliner.

Theres not a ton you miss out on, but there's definitely a few things. Though most can be rectified w/ aftermarket.
Lightning Blue, for some reason it is enough to keep me in the FE game.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m thinking the same just to sell!!!
It seems like you can still tow. you just are down a bit on towing capacity and need the accessory and not factory installed hitch.

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With all the dealer allocation concerns, I’m glad I reserved a FE. At least we are pretty much guaranteed to get ours this year...even with late availability. (Mod Roof, Onyx leather) ???

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With all the dealer allocation concerns, I’m glad I reserved a FE. At least we are pretty much guaranteed to get ours this year...even with late availability. (Mod Roof, Onyx leather) ???
Ditto, black onyx is a game changer. Well worth the wait IMO.
What's your exterior preference, now that onyx is going to look great with all five colors.

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ditto, black onyx is a game changer. Well worth the wait IMO.
What's your exterior preference, now that onyx is going to look great with all five colors.
? Exterior color has been an ongoing daily struggle..lol
Thinking either A51, LB, CO or RR.... I go through all of the colors at least once a day ?. But I agree the onyx will look good with all five colors. What are you thinking?

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thinking either A51, LB, CO or RR.... I go through all of the colors at least once a day ?. But I agree the onyx will look good with all five colors. What are you thinking?
I was all in on Cactus Gray. That's until I saw the Lightning Blue FE roll off the assembly line. Now I'm split down the middle.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lightning/Navy/MIC here

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow the struggle is real if you’re trying to decide between four different colors ?. I’m lucky because the moment I saw the reveal video of the cyber orange two-door bronco I knew that was the perfect vehicle for me! And I really don’t mind having to wait for the onyx interior and shadow black modular top. The way I see it the FE’s onyx interior must be different from the badlands, otherwise why will we have to wait for it? Guess it must be nicer ?
Sponsored