Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

About how much does something like shown in the video cost?
In the comments section of the video he quotes around $5,000 but that was for the "full monty".
Sponsored

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thatā€™s still very good pricing based off what weā€™ve seen posted. Congrats! Mind sharing the installer name and location?
Around $3000 to remove molding and wrap PPF around edges (like in the video). A few hundred dollars less to do PPF up to the molding, leaving seams. This does not include the tailgate (that would be another $500)as I am not putting PPF on it. Exterior ceramic ranges from $850-$1300 depending on how long of a warranty you want. That does not inc
They are in Atlanta. I've used them before and have been very pleased with them and they are great guys.
Atlanta Ceramic Coating and PPF

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow that's an incredible deal! My PPF without any ceramic coating, and excluding the tailgate is costing me more than that. Well done!
Seriously. Mine is easily twice that. And I know I'm paying a premium because I like my guy and he's done a bunch for me and he's not the cheapest, but.. man...

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For you guys wrapping your FEā€™s with PPF, how are you dealing with the decals on the hood and doors? Are you covering them with PPF? Putting PPF around them? Removing them and putting them over the PPF?

my installer called me tonight and asked me how he Should proceed. I told him to put PPF over the decals, but I wasnā€™t prepared for the question. Thoughts?
I had Autobahn Road Protection PPF installed - the side and hood stickers really didn't do much for me so they just removed them. The installer cut around the FE triangle.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most of the prices I have seen posted for PPF and ceramic are flat out nuts. It should never cost close to a custom repaint. Looney tunes. Best I can say is shop around? Or maybe its a regional thing where all the PPF guys collude together to artificially inflate the market......

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™m not sure why a ceramic coat over PPF would cost $1000. Most of the cost in a ceramic coat is correcting the paint.

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was quoted $6500 full wrap for xpel ppfā€¦.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was quoted $6500 full wrap for xpel ppfā€¦.
I just got quoted $8750 from one installer (more for satin.) Front and rocker panels only around $3300. Waiting to hear back from another.

Sponsored

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just got quoted $8750 from one installer (more for satin.) Front and rocker panels only around $3300. Waiting to hear back from another.
Oof. That sounds high. I was quoted $3900 for everything excluding the tailgate. Xpel ultimate plus.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oof. That sounds high. I was quoted $3900 for everything excluding the tailgate. Xpel ultimate plus.
My reaction was stronger than oof. šŸ˜€
Will shop around and see what I find but mud flaps are sounding better and better.

MMBrodsky

First Edition
First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 turbo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any views on whether to get OEM paintable flares and paint them body color for the FE? I want to do it but Iā€™m not certain i will love it. Lightning blue.

Iā€™d keep the original flares and would be able to interchange them. But is it worth the cash.

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I orginally was going to have my installer use the XPEL template for the First Edition that has cut outs for the graphics. The installer recommended not using the template based on the possibility of variations in placement of the decals from the factory.

We also discussed wrapping over the FE graphics and vendor badges; however, it would leave a slight air pocket that looks like a white line around the graphics and gloss over the flat black portions of the FE graphics. Removing the fender badges and reapplying would also increase the depth of the fender badge. They did not have any adhesive as thin as the factory adhesive.

In the end they are cutting around the FE graphics and fender badges, this maintains the original matte appearance from Ford and also protects the painted surfaces. I will post pics once I get my Bronco shipped down from Granger.
We wrapped ours a few weeks ago and did the same with the first edition badges and hood graphics (cutting around) to keep the matte finish. I was okay with going overtop of the door graphics which gave it a slight glossy look. Air pockets and white line on the graphics was minimal and looks good. After seeing the doors I would have covered the hood graphics as well.

The tailgate had a template which fit great without needing to pull off the bronco badge. Total cost was $3500 which also included ceramic coating the wheels.

Dune_Runner

First Edition
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
  1. Getting the AR Stirrups for my wife. It IS fun watching her try to get in, though.
  2. I bought the Gatorback mudflaps from Varsity Ford. Expensive but worth it, IMO... Especially for a FE. Installed quick and look great.
  3. Definitely recommend PPF. My PPF is getting put on right now. Those Sas tires LOVE to throw rocks. Also, I seem to be a gravel magnet for things getting thrown AT me on the highway. Sucks.
Do you have a picture of the gatorbacks?
Sponsored