Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Instead of two sports side by side, try to get a photo of a two door and a sport
Not going to lie... I am a bit jealous of that gloss black roof
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really and escape ??? Not even close - I own a Bronco Sport - no escape is near what my sport is period.
The Escape (of today) and the BS don't look alike, obviously. I don't disagree with you from an aesthetics point of view. But they share the same platform, same plant. They are very close under the skin, understanding that the BS adds a few things to try to justify the "Bronco" branding. That's why many of us (or at least I) think of them as being close.

Nobody (that I've heard) is saying the Bronco Sport is a bad car (unless you factor in Ford "reliability" I guess). I owned one (and three transmissions over the years) back in 2001 when they first came out, was perfect for my needs/wants at the time (four doors and some height for easy access to child seats, AWD and ground clearance for driving through snow).

The BS is just fundamentally different from a Bronco, such that it feels wrong (my opinion) to share the name. I don't think the BS and Bronco look alike, but I'm not the average car buyer. Many people see "Bronco" on the front of both and that's enough.

The BS is what the Escape should have developed into, instead of being turned into a jelly bean. Ford is using the strong Bronco brand name to sell more cars (short term benefit) at the expense of diluting the "Bronco" brand name (long term detriment). Same dynamic as the Mustang Mach E naming. Ford weighed the pros/cons; they have every right to call it what they want obviously.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/whats-the-difference-between-the-ford-bronco-sport-and-the-escape/
"The Bronco Sport and the Escape are considered twins when it comes to performance since they share the same platform."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35473816/2021-ford-bronco-sport-vs-escape-specs/
"The Ford Bronco Sport may look like an entirely new animal, but it's more similar to the familiar Ford Escape than you might think. The two crossovers have different missions but share many mechanical components, including their basic underpinnings and their powertrains..."

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...o-sport-badlands-vs-2004-escape-xlt-awd.1564/
"What is interesting is that put it up against the 1st generation Ford Escape and I think it is blindingly obvious that this is the spiritual successor to that vehicle (which Car and Driver called ground-breaking when it was released in 2001). Clearly someone at Ford design had one of these Escapes around when sketching out the Sport."

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/20210102_113729-jpg.5458/
Ford Bronco First Negative of the 2 Door... looks like Bronco Sport with a lift 1657750991983

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The Escape (of today) and the BS don't look alike, obviously. I don't disagree with you from an aesthetics point of view. But they share the same platform, same plant. They are very close under the skin, understanding that the BS adds a few things to try to justify the "Bronco" branding. That's why many of us (or at least I) think of them as being close.

Nobody (that I've heard) is saying the Bronco Sport is a bad car (unless you factor in Ford "reliability" I guess). I owned one (and three transmissions over the years) back in 2001 when they first came out, was perfect for my needs/wants at the time (four doors and some height for easy access to child seats, AWD and ground clearance for driving through snow).

The BS is just fundamentally different from a Bronco, such that it feels wrong (my opinion) to share the name. I don't think the BS and Bronco look alike, but I'm not the average car buyer. Many people see "Bronco" on the front of both and that's enough.

The BS is what the Escape should have developed into, instead of being turned into a jelly bean. Ford is using the strong Bronco brand name to sell more cars (short term benefit) at the expense of diluting the "Bronco" brand name (long term detriment). Same dynamic as the Mustang Mach E naming. Ford weighed the pros/cons; they have every right to call it what they want obviously.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/whats-the-difference-between-the-ford-bronco-sport-and-the-escape/
"The Bronco Sport and the Escape are considered twins when it comes to performance since they share the same platform."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35473816/2021-ford-bronco-sport-vs-escape-specs/
"The Ford Bronco Sport may look like an entirely new animal, but it's more similar to the familiar Ford Escape than you might think. The two crossovers have different missions but share many mechanical components, including their basic underpinnings and their powertrains..."

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...o-sport-badlands-vs-2004-escape-xlt-awd.1564/
"What is interesting is that put it up against the 1st generation Ford Escape and I think it is blindingly obvious that this is the spiritual successor to that vehicle (which Car and Driver called ground-breaking when it was released in 2001). Clearly someone at Ford design had one of these Escapes around when sketching out the Sport."

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/20210102_113729-jpg.5458/
Ford Bronco First Negative of the 2 Door... looks like Bronco Sport with a lift 1657750991983
So many car companies use similar chassis and dimensions and maybe even engines but transmissions plus suspensions differ quite a bit from the escape to the Bronco sport. The escape may be AWD and like my FE sport have the bigger engine, but hands down the sport (Badlands and First Edition) have all the Goat modes as do the Bronco top of the line models. Does the BS perform like the bigger Bronco no but you can’t compare off road with the escape to the Bronco sport - even the articles state this. It’s funny some posts act like Bronco sport owners have wronged Bronco. Not my debate I’m not Ford but from looks the escape is no Bronco Sport nor is the off road capabilities which is why sport owners who want better gas mileage than the Bronco may have purchased it or maybe because the room it takes in the garage.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So many car companies use similar chassis and dimensions and maybe even engines but transmissions plus suspensions differ quite a bit from the escape to the Bronco sport. The escape may be AWD and like my FE sport have the bigger engine, but hands down the sport (Badlands and First Edition) have all the Goat modes as do the Bronco top of the line models. Does the BS perform like the bigger Bronco no but you can’t compare off road with the escape to the Bronco sport - even the articles state this. It’s funny some posts act like Bronco sport owners have wronged Bronco. Not my debate I’m not Ford but from looks the escape is no Bronco Sport nor is the off road capabilities which is why sport owners who want better gas mileage than the Bronco may have purchased it or maybe because the room it takes in the garage.

Sponsored
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Owning 1 of each I spend some time in the BS forum. Some of those guys go on and on about why would anyone buy a Bronco when the BS is more practical, gets better MPG and can do what a Bronco does. I politely point out that the BS is a totally different vehicle, really just a SUV (Escape) and the Bronco is actually a truck. Like comparing apples and oranges. Each one has a market and guys who are serious about buying a Bronco aren't looking at a BS, Jeep maybe but not a BS. If you looked at a Bronco and bought a BS then you weren't really serious and you bought a vehicle to meet your needs. Just stop comparing them.
Good points and I’ll throw this in, the Bronco sport (Badlands and First Edition) is extremely capable off road with no comparison to the escape. It may share dimensions and engine type but suspension and engineering with terrain is far superior than the escape. Example further to why I’m stating this…..Ford made a CD4 platform that covered 4 vehicles I know of. The 20th Gen Lincoln Continental (350 HP) from 2016-2020. Also CD4 was used for the Ford Galaxy MPV, and the Ford Taurus and Ford Edge. All four different and unique for what Ford wanted to target with certain buyers. I disagree those of us Sport buyers are not serious about Bronco, so if you think that then I guess you could say Bronco aren’t serious compared to a Raptor as some think but to me each are unique and have purposes unique to each buyer.

I have a BS FE and love it. If Ford didn’t cancel antimatter blue and screw up so much I’d own a 2 door BD or WT antimatter Bronco two door as well. (If you know someone selling these please reply haha). Heck even a base model would be cool and cheaper than a BS FE!

Ford made the call to have a Bronco and Bronco Sport not the buyers. Both carry Bronco in the title to no fault of the buyers and to me I respect both for their purposes, as even Escape owners love their vehicles too but the BS is not the same in looks or capabilities off road.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good points and I’ll throw this in, the Bronco sport (Badlands and First Edition) is extremely capable off road with no comparison to the escape. It may share dimensions and engine type but suspension and engineering with terrain is far superior than the escape. Example further to why I’m stating this…..Ford made a CD4 platform that covered 4 vehicles I know of. The 20th Gen Lincoln Continental (350 HP) from 2016-2020. Also CD4 was used for the Ford Galaxy MPV, and the Ford Taurus and Ford Edge. All four different and unique for what Ford wanted to target with certain buyers. I disagree those of us Sport buyers are not serious about Bronco, so if you think that then I guess you could say Bronco aren’t serious compared to a Raptor as some think but to me each are unique and have purposes unique to each buyer.

I have a BS FE and love it. If Ford didn’t cancel antimatter blue and screw up so much I’d own a 2 door BD or WT antimatter Bronco two door as well. (If you know someone selling these please reply haha). Heck even a base model would be cool and cheaper than a BS FE!

Ford made the call to have a Bronco and Bronco Sport not the buyers. Both carry Bronco in the title to no fault of the buyers and to me I respect both for their purposes, as even Escape owners love their vehicles too but the BS is not the same in looks or capabilities off road.
You are correct, the Badlands and First Edition are very capable off road vehicles. I was comparing more of the platforms the two are built on to show the difference. We have a Badlands BS and have taken it offroad several times but when the going really gets rough I'm going back to the Bronco. The BS is more comfortable and god know more quiet.

Whenever my '22 Badlands which looks like it will turn into a '23 gets delivered I'll be selling my 2dr AMB OBX.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I like the the BS but it’s not what people think a Bronco should be. My post was more about how many people don’t know the difference.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You are correct, the Badlands and First Edition are very capable off road vehicles. I was comparing more of the platforms the two are built on to show the difference. We have a Badlands BS and have taken it offroad several times but when the going really gets rough I'm going back to the Bronco. The BS is more comfortable and god know more quiet.

Whenever my '22 Badlands which looks like it will turn into a '23 gets delivered I'll be selling my 2dr AMB OBX.
For sure, I’m sure it’s a huge leap going off-road in the sport compared to the Bronco- can’t imagine. When you go to sell your 2 door Bronco please let me know! I saw a Bronco car show in ATL back in the winter at a mall that showcased past and present broncos - very cool with some mint mid 1950 models -
I think it would be cool to see how the Sport would place with the early Broncos off road - certainly amazed how Ford did improve the suspension and GOAT modes in the sport -
Not been to Bronco off rodeo but really looking forward to seeing it in action! Thanks

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you go to sell your 2 door Bronco please let me know! I saw a Bronco car show in ATL back in the winter at a mall that showcased past and present broncos - very cool with some mint mid 1950 models
If I remember I'll let you know when I go to sell it. Lord knows when the replacement will ever arrive.
I think you meant 1960 models, the Bronco didn't arrive until 1966.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely see the confusion because the two door is smaller and closer in size to the sport.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If I remember I'll let you know when I go to sell it. Lord knows when the replacement will ever arrive.
I think you meant 1960 models, the Bronco didn't arrive until 1966.
Haha true but it will arrive - keep the hope alive haha ! Yes mid 60’s models.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport ,first edition C.G
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My thoughts exactly.

7B3FB8C0-5874-4DB7-9D7B-617EB622B92E.jpeg

D74FD2DF-784E-46FD-BE97-3B51A9244FBC.jpeg

B1DE38DD-8088-43A4-A88D-435444FA55C1.jpeg

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, if we are into ruffling feathers, my 2dr G6 looks a lot like my '77 EB. A 4 door G6, does not. >runs off and hides<

:devilish:
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl