Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey y’all, excited to be here. Got my 2021 Big Bend last week. Took it straight to get the new tires/lift. Went with a 3.5” Rough Country lift and Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35x12.50r17

Before:
Ford Bronco First time poster - couple of questions 9C9DC3C8-0119-4DD4-B722-8EA508900E61

Now:
Ford Bronco First time poster - couple of questions 8B200826-8335-422C-9F46-1D34AFFB7B50

Ford Bronco First time poster - couple of questions F4FE558F-3E4F-4838-B3B0-12676C9FB621

Now for a couple of questions.

1. I’m thinking about adding the mirror lights, a light bar, and reverse lights. Unfortunately my Bronco did not come with the switches (my mistake for thinking ALL Broncos had them before buying) so I have to either order the OEM switches or a order a switch panel and mount it somewhere. I’m leaning towards aftermarket but I’m wondering if anyone has done this without drilling holes in the dash.

This is what I’m leaning towards -https://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-country-bronco-8-gang-multiple-light-controller-70970.html?utm_content=XT%20Interior%20-%20Gauges%20and%20Switches%7CRough%20Country&T5_Var4=FB13819&utm_campaign=XTB+Bronco+Vehicle+Medium&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1sucBhDgARIsAFoytUs4QIjduH17Npl9SdH-gXz0pXtLSeiusei3eDz8-CBr7ftg8d-f8gYaAoiBEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

2. Looking at a bumper/winch that’s not going to be insanely expensive, I see Rough Country makes one that looks good but didn’t know if anyone had any recs.

THANKS!
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switch Pro's are the "industry standard" for what you're looking for, but quite expensive. However, I'm sure you could adapt their solution to hold a different control panel. It connects via the Bronco Bolts on the driver side handle.

Another brand you can look at is Auxbeam as they make an 8 switch control panel as well.

Ford Bronco First time poster - couple of questions 1670786449764

Ford Bronco First time poster - couple of questions 1670786426178

As far as the bumper, RC is pretty decent in general but thinner than some of the heavier duty brands and the instructions are never very good. I've installed their winch bumper on a friends Bronco and it took some work to make the instructions match up with reality.

If you aren't going to be rock crawling, go with what you think looks good and don't worry about the thickness. The factory modular bumper isn't particularly thick itself and I've been happy with its ability to take the hits.

The built in AUX switches are nice, but have their issues. The wiring Ford used for the pre-runs is woefully undersized for the amp ratings they advertise. The largest diameter wire is 1.5mm (16AWG) which is really limited to ~13 amps. You really need to run most stuff with a relay harness just to make sure you aren't constantly blowing fuses. Aftermarket panels fix this issue.

Love the fire extinguisher! Where did you get that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MagicCecil5530

MagicCecil5530

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Switch Pro's are the "industry standard" for what you're looking for, but quite expensive. However, I'm sure you could adapt their solution to hold a different control panel. It connects via the Bronco Bolts on the driver side handle.

Another brand you can look at is Auxbeam as they make an 8 switch control panel as well.

As far as the bumper, RC is pretty decent in general but thinner than some of the heavier duty brands and the instructions are never very good. I've installed their winch bumper on a friends Bronco and it took some work to make in the instructions match up with reality.

If you aren't going to be rock crawling, go with what you think looks good and don't worry about the thickness. The factory modular bumper isn't particularly thick itself and I've been happy with its ability to take the hits.

The built in AUX switches are nice, but have their issues. The wiring Ford used for the pre-runs is woefully undersized for the amp ratings they advertise. The largest diameter wire is 1.5mm (16AWG) which is really limited to ~13 amps. You really need to run most stuff with a relay harness just to make sure you aren't constantly blowing fuses. Aftermarket panels fix this issue.

Love the fire extinguisher! Where did you get that?
Thanks man! I’ll look at switch pro for the six switches, awesome how they can mount where I don’t have to do any drilling too. Is that a part that needs to be spec’d when ordering?

fire extinguisher and the bartact holder for it were both on Amazon, super inexpensive!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks man! I’ll look at switch pro for the six switches, awesome how they can mount where I don’t have to do any drilling too. Is that a part that needs to be spec’d when ordering?

fire extinguisher and the bartact holder for it were both on Amazon, super inexpensive!
Thanks - beautiful Bronco and welcome to the forums!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MagicCecil5530

MagicCecil5530

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also - I’ve seen some pictures of a horizontal bar going across the hood - is that a legit part or did someone just make that. Looking to do it for fishing rods

Bonus pic - first night I got the bronco I shot a doe and needed somewhere to put it. The hood worked great

Ford Bronco First time poster - couple of questions 0C5D1470-08C0-4B48-8C4C-F49490EA470D

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks great!

Any concerns with that big of a tire on the stock wheels with:

-rolling a bead?
-too much stress on the stock axel/components?
Sponsored