Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The look is fun on Bronco and having a full panel will enhance the appearance of the "power bulge" that tells all people this has a sub-3 liter engine with ultimate power inside.

If there were corresponding vents in the actual hood to make these functional in any way that would be awesome!

For reference, what actual louvers look like: (and yes, totally pointless on a any car which doesn't have an enclosed engine bay, regardless of the beautiful flathead V8)
images[1].jpg

And a modern interpretation of vented metal panels: stick-on plastic
putco-chrome-side-fender-vents3.jpg

We have a metal press and dyes for louvering metal in our garage, I might try to mock some patch panels in that work with the frame of the Bronco hood just to give an idea of what would be possible using old-school techniques and no double-sided tape.
Please do
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m starting to think that the people that design this crap we’ve been seeing and the ones that actually buy it or thinks it cool must be the same people that thought curb feelers, stick-on portholes and wiper deflectors were cool back in the 90’s as well.
16BC9E7A-9824-49B7-9238-F4946EB99361.jpeg
In their defense, curb feelers absolutely had a place when they were invented. If you've ever driven a 40's/50's car without power steering, at very low speeds, when trying to navigate one of those land yachts into a tight parking space when there's about a suburban's worth of metal ahead and behind you, with limited visibility, you'll appreciate curb feelers.

Once power steering became standard on cars then yea, these should have died out immediately.

Full disclosure: I don't run curb feelers on my Bomb because I don't go for the tacked-on look, but these still get properly used in certain era cars.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In their defense, curb feelers absolutely had a place when they were invented. If you've ever driven a 40's/50's car without power steering, at very low speeds, when trying to navigate one of those land yachts into a tight parking space when there's about a suburban's worth of metal ahead and behind you, with limited visibility, you'll appreciate curb feelers.

Once power steering became standard on cars then yea, these should have died out immediately.

Full disclosure: I don't run curb feelers on my Bomb because I don't go for the tacked-on look, but these still get properly used in certain era cars.

If you had gangster white walls, they were a must lest you mess them up! Big white walls were the rage in the '70s. Definitely function over form.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might help in reducing glare from the lights too!
I like the idea of reducing glare which is why I'm considering a flat black decal similar to Wildtrak even on Shadow Black paint Im getting. Not sure I see the need for this stick on molding that does nothing more. To each there own I guess. If we all liked the same things it wouldnt be near as much fun .

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m starting to think that the people that design this crap we’ve been seeing and the ones that actually buy it or thinks it cool must be the same people that thought curb feelers, stick-on portholes and wiper deflectors were cool back in the 90’s as well.
0BFB3336-662E-4FB4-9059-E8D3C7821357.jpeg
BA024CB0-15BC-43C3-AAEA-01B21A1C153F.jpeg
16BC9E7A-9824-49B7-9238-F4946EB99361.jpeg
Curb feelers were actually quite functional in the 50’s. Totally idiotic on a modern car. (Never liked the looks in the 50’s either but they saved an otherwise nice car from curb rash.)

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice pics. Thanks for being our long distance stalker.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let me know when they become available at autozone. Never understood this craze.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is horrible cheap tacky JC Whitney class crap, my opinion of course. Worse thing is the 8 vents, somehow to implicate 8 cylinders under the hood? Smh

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard No! Not functional, adds nothing to the looks of the Bronco.
This is worse than the flares or side mouldings. At least, those have some functional purpose. This one is just a stick on piece that does nothing.

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is ok but not working for me. Thinking of a vinyl hood wrap that is flat / matt to knock down some glare. Not sure if I just want the hood bump or something more.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I had a 1955 Buick Roadmaster so I’m very familiar with the land yachts. I was referring more the the crowd that puts them on Civics and Camrys, oh and don’t forget the 6” leaf blower exhaust tips...lol
Sponsored