RBF 1401

Black Diamond
First Name
Tricia
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Clubs

Like I said I got inside and back out, with my large size. Really no different than getting in and out of ANY other 2door, the only difference is it sits higher than most 2 doors Younger more nimble persons will get in and out fairly easily.

Much easier than my "69","74",and "77" my "66" was the 2 seat Pickup
Plenty of adults, including my 6foot+ kid, often climbed in and out of the back seat of my 2-door Dodge Dakota. And the 2-door Bronco has tons bigger doors than my Dakota had, so it should be fine.
Plus, it forces people to learn the importance of calling "shotgun!"

When you mention the 69, 74, and 77, you are talking Broncos, right?

Advertisement

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

I am curious if a company like goose gear will make a platform for the back area? My bronco 2dr will be strictly a two seater plus dog and I see a lot of potential for a platform with storage in footwell area and possibly a slide out tray like the one featured in the 4dr prototype. If not goose gear I think I can make something functional though not as slick. Apologies if this was already mentioned.
There are a few of us including myself that are planning on this exact set-up. While there has been no confirmation by Goose Gear, the expectation is they will once they can measure the interior.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Zack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU
Clubs

Cant deny the math, no matter how inconvenient it is for you. Less with than a bronco, still manages to set three seats and a cupholder.
How wide are the wheel wells. How wide are those seats? How thick are the walls? How have safety standards increased since that car was produced?

Ford could have decided to put 3 or 4, or however many seats across the back of the 2-door... but they opted to provide two, wider, more comfortable seats.

I think FoMoCo was right to say “hey, if someone is regularly hauling around 4 passengers, the 2-door ain’t for them.

Sure, okay, if you are in the market for a two door with lots of passenger seating, you may be able to find it in a modern vehicle... But it ain’t gonna be a Bronco. It’s gonna be more like this:
1605186851114.jpeg

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, BMW 428i comvertible
Cant deny the math, no matter how inconvenient it is for you. Less with than a bronco, still manages to set three seats and a cupholder.
They are completely different vehicles. The Bronco has larger wheel wells and higher ride height. They can either shrink the wheel wells and stick skinny tires on there, or raise the floor higher over the wheel wells where you'd need a cherry picker to get in the thing. I think they did it pretty well in the 2 door, just don't expect it to be like a minivan.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
Plenty of adults, including my 6foot+ kid, often climbed in and out of the back seat of my 2-door Dodge Dakota. And the 2-door Bronco has tons bigger doors than my Dakota had, so it should be fine.
Plus, it forces people to learn the importance of calling "shotgun!"

When you mention the 69, 74, and 77, you are talking Broncos, right?
Yes, all Broncos, And actually I just got out of backseat of two door Badlands biggest concern for me is it's a long way down with 33s Feels good to be back at work! Really!!

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Vehicle Showcase
This is always an option.

Screenshot_20201110-210035_Chrome.jpg
My 96 FSB has pop-out cupholders in the back, so not sure why they can't engineer a solution like that.

I've only had passengers back there once so it's no big deal for me. My wife's 4Runner has them integrated into the armrest so that seems like another logical solution. Either way it won't affect my purchase.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 TRD OR Tacoma on 35’s
This may be my favorite thread in the entire forum right now. I decided this week that I’m a 2D nerd again and I feel so much better! These bird’s eye shots have been super helpful for me.

We need more 2 door pics! Somebody go fill one of the BN guys up with rye and bet him he can’t post all his photos in one night.

“Seriously Bob, you can’t do it! There’s no way you can post ALL YOUR Bronco pics tonight on B6G. Hey, Bob...DUDE, put down the cat! We talked about that like 30 seconds ago remember? Yeah, I know, ok let’s walk back over here Bob, nope this way, there ya go let’s sit back down. Yes Bob, I remember your story about Lucy. No that’s ok, you don’t have to tell me again. Ok, ooookay sit down man, ya right here. Alright, here eat this it’s good, ya chips are good. Ok what’s the password to your laptop again?”

✌

6592B337-D4F0-458C-BAB3-F0292969ED91.jpeg

E000C0C1-7700-4E13-A9F7-016D416FDA3A.jpeg

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Maybe if we had rear facing seats like the old rear facing station wagon, Ford could squish in 3 seats? lol. just kidding. 3rd row leg room looks cramped on 2 door and 4 door in my opinion. But that is totally based on pictures for me. I'm hoping real world experience is different. But then again Ford can't figure out second row headroom in their largest SUV (Expedition). Yes, I'm 6'2" and the second row of our 2020 expedition is not good for me. Even with the seat reclined I'm hitting the roof line. Never had that problem in our 2007 expedition. Just saying.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 TRD OR Tacoma on 35’s
Can't stop ogling this picture. makes me feel better about getting the 2 door
Same here! I can’t wait to see more 2 doors in the wild. I’ll be popping those backseats out & back in on a regular basis. ?

Advertisement

Advertisement