First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco SAS Badlands, 2021 Tesla Y, 2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reflecting on my first week of Bronco ownership I realized there are many more questions now than answers. Every vehicle offers different varied experiences. While I'm sure searching this forum would answer most of these questions sometimes the community conversation leads to a better appreciation of how others are experiencing their Broncos.

For background, I also drive an older 2017 Ford F350 Lariat and a 2021 Tesla Model Y. Talk about different vehicles, and they each provide a great ownership and driving experience.

From the last Ford purchase we now fast forward over 7 years in time, technology, and innovation and another enters the garage. Last week I brought home a 2024 Badlands SAS model with the High/Lux Package.

The list of questions is long, but I'll kick this off with the #1 question my wife and I are trying to learn and adapt to.

#1) What is going on with driver profiles in this vehicle? How are you adapting to the features offered?
* Where do you set up your driver profiles, add new driver profiles, edit driver profiles, etc? I'm not seeing this in the FordPass app or main vehicle screen.
* When approaching the vehicle is it capable of detecting the correct driver profile? (either by the mobile FordPass App or Key FOB)
* When leaving the vehicle is it capable of auto-locking?
* Can any of these items be automatically adjusted to the driver profile preference?
- Seats, easy entry?, steering wheel, mirrors, interior climate, heated seats, driving modes, phone contacts, navigation favorites and recents, audio/media/station/channel favorites, audio volume, etc.

Manually adjusting all of these things for each different driver every time would be a significant letdown and hoping we're just missing something.
Sponsored

Grey Pony

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat2022 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mykey feature help with some of it like the seat adjustment.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Badlands with the old high package (pre-2024) and it's got manual seats. I don't think any of the stuff you mention is in mine. Maybe the new high/lux has electronic seats and thus could maybe do presets?

lethalchristy

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition, 2013 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mykey feature help with some of it like the seat adjustment.
Not that I experienced. Mykey limits a lot lol it's for like, teenage kids or valets.

AFAIK there are no personalization options for different keys on the Broncos.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You let other people drive it? 😱 lol
The Bronco already has enough bells and whistles that work intermittently. Though memory seat and mirror positioning would be great with the lux package. Along with cooled seats.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1) What is going on with driver profiles in this vehicle? How are you adapting to the features offered?
* Where do you set up your driver profiles, add new driver profiles, edit driver profiles, etc? I'm not seeing this in the FordPass app or main vehicle screen. I wasn't aware this was an option on the Bronco.
* When approaching the vehicle is it capable of detecting the correct driver profile? (either by the mobile FordPass App or Key FOB) I wasn't aware this was an option on the Bronco.
* When leaving the vehicle is it capable of auto-locking? No.
* Can any of these items be automatically adjusted to the driver profile preference?
- Seats, easy entry?, steering wheel, mirrors, interior climate, heated seats, driving modes, phone contacts, navigation favorites and recents, audio/media/station/channel favorites, audio volume, etc. I wasn't aware this was an option on the Bronco.

Manually adjusting all of these things for each different driver every time would be a significant letdown and hoping we're just missing something.
You should have research this ahead of time if this was the primary criteria for your vehicle.

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What is this sorcery you speak of? My mid package BB has none of that magic :)

Congrats on getting an awesome Bronco though. Half the fun is figuring out all the cool stuff it has.

pmpmd

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands with the old high package (pre-2024) and it's got manual seats. I don't think any of the stuff you mention is in mine. Maybe the new high/lux has electronic seats and thus could maybe do presets?
My ‘24 Badlands also has manual seats. High/Lux pkg.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You bought a $60k vehicle without doing your research

nothing you are asking about has been or is currently available as a feature on a Bronco

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm afraid what the second main question would be.

OP
OP
RB23

RB23

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco SAS Badlands, 2021 Tesla Y, 2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the feedback - primarily asking about driver profile features that were implemented or not and how you are adapting to using your Bronco with what it has. Sounds like it's old-school manual mode on this one. Not a major purchase criteria but color us surprised in 2024. We researched back and forth between this and a Rivian but made a poor assumption on these features.

We are enjoying other aspects of the Bronco and are working through a shop full of accessories to get added. So far it's looking like a great project vehicle which was the primary criteria.

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Think about those that spent more on a Braptor and didn't get Memory seats(which wouldn't be that hard to have included since seats are powered)...but either way, this Bronco Driver still has no complaints after 2 years!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.