Sponsored

First Year Bronco's will get hit with BIG Depreciation (claims article)

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh. Ridiculous article. All new cars depreciate. And most of us arenā€™t paying MSRP as intimated. Iā€™m paying $1000 under invoice. At least thatā€™s what they tell me now.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TBH this theory does not apply to a 4x4, pick ups or cargo vans. Sedans, coupes grocery getters yes. All 4x4s, money makers and haulers hold value, a simple search of used 4runners, Jeeps & Pickups can void this statement.

Last edited:

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, there goes my get rich quick scheme. Not sure what I'll do now? lol

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is pretty doubtful with a high demand vehicle that dealers will be able to sell above MSRP when they hit lots. In addition, the Bronco is likely to see 3-5% price increases each year until supply catches up with demand which will help to limit depreciation the first few years.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This guy definitely needs to do a little research, for one Granger and Stephen's are discounting. Plus it's not likely the market will be flooded with used Broncos for a while. Supply low demand high means they won't be depreciating all that much. Also name me one production vehicle that doesn't get hit with big depreciaton. But I'm pretty sure the Bronco will depreciate a hole lot less than his Mercedes mini van.. As the dude would say to this joker.
Ford Bronco First Year Bronco's will get hit with BIG Depreciation (claims article) d7d (1)

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember the 66 Bronco. It's value was lower due to the D30 and other options not offered the 1st year, but now it's a collector piece. So buy a 2021 and in 50 years it will be priceless. Building them at 5K a week once the initial flood is over they will be on the lots like Explorers and F150's. The day will come when you can order it and have it in 6 weeks below invoice.
Look dr jones a cheap trinket throw it in the desert after a thousand years ..priceless.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Article is so right, everyone cancel their reservation now!

Then I can easily take delivery as early as possible next summer of a worthless Bronco.

I'll post some pics of my worthless Bronco and links to its anemic KBB value so you will all know you did the right thing by getting a Jeep instead.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The first release Bronco will be the first time you will be able to literally drive off the lot and Make money if you so choose. I bet I could easily sell my WT for what I paid for it and then some while people are waiting for dealers to get inventory.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The first release Bronco will be the first time you will be able to literally drive off the lot and Make money if you so choose. I bet I could easily sell my WT for what I paid for it and then some while people are waiting for dealers to get inventory.
I agree...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who writes this....who reads this crap? Seriously, who buys a car for the resale value? Cars fulfill an emotional role for me. I drive them as long as I enjoy them or they stop holding up their end of the real by breaking and costing me a lot of money. Don't care about resale and never have.
I guess I'm one. I got so tired of being raped in domestic car resale value. The last time I bought domestic, I paid 36k and 4 years and 50k miles on it and I was lucky to get 6k for it. I Swore off domestics.

My next car was a tocoma... sold it 4 years later for about 4k under what I bought it for... very happy with that one.

But the Bronco is just too darn tempting...so I'll give it another go and hope it holds more value because of the off road market.

Not that I'm planning on selling... but i wasn't on my other cars as well but shit happens ;)

(Like 5 years from now when they make the Bronco every really wanted and you want to trade up)

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™m getting a First Edition. Even with all the delays and issues with options and accessories, Iā€™m still getting a First Edition. You know why? Because there will only ever be ONE First Edition for the new Bronco. :cool:

and IMHO, I think the Broncos will hold value more similar to a Wrangler than a basic car.
Sponsored