Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going to ask ford when I start my build to add the 33s that come on the Badlands to the OBX instead of the 32s ,I really can't see why they wouldn't, of course I'm sure there going charge me a little more
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've settled on 33" Toyo ATIII Open Country's. I want low(er) noise but an aggressive sidewall and pattern. The 32" standards just don't cut it. I will be using my vehicle mostly for commuting and roads. The Toyo's are good enough for snow, dirt, sand. The Toyo's also have great longevity. A serious consideration for road drivers.
I’ve read mixed reviews on this tire actually being the noisiest amongst many tires

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the Badlands Factory Wheels and tire fit on the Black Diamond without modification? There are going to be some takeoffs from Badlands available. Vice versa takeoffs from Black Diamond too.
Ford Bronco Fitting 33” tires on Big Bend? Screenshot (321)

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait one more

I love that wheel, but it’s becoming a little common. I’m seeing it on the road more and more. I’ve found another one that’s a little more obscure that I’m into now. But who knows if it will be by the time I get my Bronco!!

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love that wheel, but it’s becoming a little common. I’m seeing it on the road more and more. I’ve found another one that’s a little more obscure that I’m into now. But who knows if it will be by the time I get my Bronco!!
LINK?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will the Badlands Factory Wheels and tire fit on the Black Diamond without modification? There are going to be some takeoffs from Badlands available. Vice versa takeoffs from Black Diamond too.
All signs point to yes right now. That's what I'm doing with our BD. I'll be putting BL take offs on the truck once i can get them.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

these look pretty nice. Needs 6 bolt pattern, and verified for Bronco though.
Ford Bronco Fitting 33” tires on Big Bend? 1607914693038

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All signs point to yes right now. That's what I'm doing with our BD. I'll be putting BL take offs on the truck once i can get them.
I have seen a couple of Badlands Res holders say they are going non Squatch and the dealer I'm buying from has 300+ reservations so there might be a chance to actually pick up the takeoffs at delivery. My takeoffs can go to a Base Res, hopefully.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No - AT3. There's a video on youtube where a guy drives Toyo AT3 back to back with Falken AT3w, and there is a definite highway hum that kicks in at 65 MPH. At 70, you could hear them rolling, where falkens were not noticeable. They were quite a bit louder than the Falkens. I've seen other reviews where someone said they are the same to slightly noisier than Ko2s (which is not a very quiet tire). Other guys says there's definitely a highway hum, but it's tolerable. So is it loud? Maybe not incredibly, but it will be noticeable.

Everything I am reading on the Cooper At3 XLT says it is almost as quiet as stock P tires, and one of the quietest tires they have owned. Mostly due to whisper grooves. I probably spent 6 hours researching this, and in the end, Toyos went to the #2 spot, and Coopers went to #1. The only negative is Toyo is 53 lbs (33.4x11.0) and Cooper is 57 lbs (33.2x11.1). Compared to stock OBX tires at 41 pounds, all that weight doesnt help. 57 lbs is still somewhat light in that class, and 53 lbs on the totos is basically the lightest in class outside of the Dueller Revo 3 (which is 50 lbs but looks like an all season). I'd probably put Falken At3w above toyos given they are quieter, but they are over 60 lbs.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No - AT3. There's a video on youtube where a guy drives Toyo AT3 back to back with Falken AT3w, and there is a definite highway hum that kicks in at 65 MPH. At 70, you could hear them rolling, where falkens were not noticeable. They were quite a bit louder than the Falkens. I've seen other reviews where someone said they are the same to slightly noisier than Ko2s (which is not a very quiet tire). Other guys says there's definitely a highway hum, but it's tolerable. So is it loud? Maybe not incredibly, but it will be noticeable.

Everything I am reading on the Cooper At3 XLT says it is almost as quiet as stock P tires, and one of the quietest tires they have owned. Mostly due to whisper grooves. I probably spent 6 hours researching this, and in the end, Toyos went to the #2 spot, and Coopers went to #1. The only negative is Toyo is 53 lbs (33.4x11.0) and Cooper is 57 lbs (33.2x11.1). Compared to stock OBX tires at 41 pounds, all that weight doesnt help. 57 lbs is still somewhat light in that class, and 53 lbs on the totos is basically the lightest in class outside of the Dueller Revo 3 (which is 50 lbs but looks like an all season). I'd probably put Falken At3w above toyos given they are quieter, but they are over 60 lbs.
If one is worried about the weight of the tire, that's an easy fix. Just lose 20-30lbs. Most American males can afford it. :oops::giggle::poop:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check the numbers, lol

Every 1 lb of unsprung weight is 4 lbs of static weight. So Coopers are 16 lbs per corner over stock and 1 dead weight on the spare. 16x4x4 + 16 = 272 lbs equivalent of added load. I'd have to lose a lot more than 20-30 lbs. Toyos would be 204 lbs. For what it's worth the stock BL wheels (which are lighter C load) are 50 lbs = 153 lbs over stock OBX tire. Keep that in mind for extra hit on MPG.

EDIT updated above - i think its 4:1, not 7:1
Sponsored

Last edited: