Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im not an expert, just a long time beach ORV man with a daily driver. IF i wanted more clearance, it would be to keep the frame and drivetrain from settling into the sand, getting "dug in" on the beach sand, something a coilover lift with bigger tires would provide. Lifting the body would raise the center of gravity unsafely, (remember Explorer rollovers) and to me looks ugly, it is my daily driver and i have to climb into it at age 70. Of course, body lifts are loved by some, look cool, personal preference. And as I understand vehicle stability and rollover safety, as you go up, you also have to go out for a wider vehicle stance. And if you add minus-offset wheels to add more poke to increase the stance to make your body-lift safe, you must use a coilover lift and longer UCAs to safely handle the wider tire/wheel. To not do that adds lateral stress on the axle & drivetrain, risking premature failure. In the Gittens/Healy video, they see the body lift as giving the least off-road benefit because of suspension geometry and travel issues, and coilover lift gives more clearance where its needed. I like what I have now with the 33's, its a very comfortable highway car that is the best beach driver I've ever had. Before I go out West /Moab someday, I'll add an adjustable coilover lift, then I'll need underbody armor, then 35" tires . . . . . Those are my amateur thoughts
Well thought out. I appreciate your perspective and info. As you might’ve guessed I am new to this world. Just got my black Diamond three weeks ago and hope to explore the backroads and trails. No rock crawling for me but am interested in getting tires that approach 34 inches, thus the questions about the best way to make space for that which doesn’t also break the already depleted bank!
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well thought out. I appreciate your perspective and info. As you might’ve guessed I am new to this world. Just got my black Diamond three weeks ago and hope to explore the backroads and trails. No rock crawling for me but am interested in getting tires that approach 34 inches, thus the questions about the best way to make space for that which doesn’t also break the already depleted bank!
Have fun! The BD is well equipped already. Ive had my OBX 17 months, and just upsized the tires. My motto, "Take my time."

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Broncenstein

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

just a heads up for anybody looking for 33's
the price for Falken Wildpeak AT3W C load; LT285/70R17 just dropped roughly $20 per tire on Amazon and are now $258; link below

https://a.co/d/9IoKJhW

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Finally pulled the trigger on 33s for my big bend. They completely change the look of the truck!
Ford Bronco 33's tires fit Big Bend! As tested on my 2021 Bronco tempImageaUjctY

Ford Bronco 33's tires fit Big Bend! As tested on my 2021 Bronco IMG_2080

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jcirisan

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2033 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealer just sent pic with my truck at dealer, swapped the factory tires with 33” KO2’s (nitto grapplers are all on back order), I haven’t driven it yet so can’t attest to rubbing etc, but dealer said fit no problem….

Update on 33” inch, zero rub issue, truck drove great, very smooth ride, really surprised how smooth actually, tires are bigger than I thought, I’m 6’ and have to slide out of the truck, def will get combo rock rail slider bars of some type for wife to step down…once again two rivers Ford in Nashville was outstanding on getting me what I wanted and out the door quick, got credit for factory tires, tinted my front windows, blown away when I first saw my truck, 2.7 is quick too and I’m coming off a Ram 1500 sport with a hemi with exhaust upgrade and headers so was impressed….love the K02’s so far and drove close to 300 miles on em today thru sun and rain…..

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The stock Duellers will be a tough sell, kind of an oddball size TBH. I tried for weeks with no luck and ended up selling them to a guy at the tire shop that installed my new tires for $100 cash. But well worth the upgrade to 285/70/17s.

@mC.242 These look awesome, any rubbing? Did you do lift too? Looking for a tall skinny look and these seem to fit the bill

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@mC.242 These look awesome, any rubbing? Did you do lift too? Looking for a tall skinny look and these seem to fit the bill
No lift or rubbing at all, and lots of folks here have put the same size on stock rims with good luck. Crash bars can stay and no spacers needed either. I've driven almost 20k miles on mine. Def a more classic look without any poke past the fender flares.
I think the (almost) 33" size is perfect for a daily driver that also needs to be competent on easy/moderate trails.
Side note - I'm really happy with the Kenda AT2s. Perform well in all conditions and by treadwear looking like I'll get at least 40K miles out of them.

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No lift or rubbing at all, and lots of folks here have put the same size on stock rims with good luck. Crash bars can stay and no spacers needed either. I've driven almost 20k miles on mine. Def a more classic look without any poke past the fender flares.
I think the (almost) 33" size is perfect for a daily driver that also needs to be competent on easy/moderate trails.
Side note - I'm really happy with the Kenda AT2s. Perform well in all conditions and by treadwear looking like I'll get at least 40K miles out of them.
@mC.242 awesome thanks! Did your MPG change at all, do u need to recalibrate the odometer or any of that?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@mC.242 awesome thanks! Did your MPG change at all, do u need to recalibrate the odometer or any of that?
Hard to say about MPG since I was only about 1000 miles in when I changed the tires, but I suspect it did cost me a bit having larger/heaver tires on there.
I also didn't bother to re-calibrate the speedo since the diameter is actually only a few percent bigger than stock. I figured it was close enough...

Sponsored

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone put 285/75/17's on a BB or BD wheel?

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@mC.242 thanks think Im going this route, do you know the exact tire model name/number?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@mC.242 thanks think Im going this route, do you know the exact tire model name/number?
Kenda Klever AT2, KR628 LT285/70 17 E Load.
Got mine from simpletire.com, I think they are running about $250 each right now.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I attached a link from a earlier thread, I put on 34s on my big bend with no other suspension mods, no issues, I do a lot of snow trails, light over landing with it, no issues, my mpg was averaging 20 now it's around 18. Hope those pictures help. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...5-75-17-on-stock-bb-wheels.20876/post-1836818

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kenda Klever AT2, KR628 LT285/70 17 E Load.
Got mine from simpletire.com, I think they are running about $250 each right now.
Great thanks. It looks like they have them at Walmart for $171, which seems insane. Thats why I wanted to know the exact model
Sponsored