First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It will last. A tight wrap of electrical tape works just as well and has lasted for months. That popping noise was soooo annoying. Wrap the middle panel while your at it, it will start popping as well. Mine didn't start until after 1,000 miles.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this. I've seen people use felt, but I feel like this is a better option as it is easily removable. Do you know by chance what the diameter of that heat shrink was in the pack? Planning on trying it this weekend.

Mine does it way more as it gets colder, but I assume as the material on the pin wears away, it will be a constant thing.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will last. A tight wrap of electrical tape works just as well and has lasted for months. That popping noise was soooo annoying. Wrap the middle panel while your at it, it will start popping as well. Mine didn't start until after 1,000 miles.
It really is annoying! Mine started at about 200 miles and continues to get worse, especially under 20 degrees. I can only imagine if the material is actually wearing away, this will get very bad being jostled around off road.

Wife - "What the hell is that noise"
Me - "The top is making a popping noise, it's a known issue"
Wife - "How much did you pay for this?!"
Me "Don't wreck my dreams"

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Might try lubricating it with a little bit ( just a Little bit ) of graphite powder, it wont catch dirt.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this. I've seen people use felt, but I feel like this is a better option as it is easily removable. Do you know by chance what the diameter of that heat shrink was in the pack? Planning on trying it this weekend.

Mine does it way more as it gets colder, but I assume as the material on the pin wears away, it will be a constant thing.
Same thing here. Get it cold and it pops. I found that if I reseat the driver one while at a traffic light I could get it to stop. It think I must have just got it into a slightly better spot, more centered in the opening. This fix is great. Nice find!

BTW what is the dimensions listed on the shrink tubing? I don't have O'reilly out here?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought these vinyl vacuum caps from O'Reillys and installed the black ones on the front pins near the b-pillars that rub and make the popping sound. Trim to fit and so far has fixed the problem.

1644426451657.png
Oh, and the red caps fit on the other pins with the latches.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤷 Mine started to have a little bit of popping over my head. I unclamped the back two 1/4 turn latches, pushed the top up a smidge and buttoned it back down again. All good.
Likely will become more of an issue in the future.
Thanks for the post

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might have to try this. I noticed this only happens on my bronco when it's really cold. Also, you don't have to be so gentle with the panels....just in case. I learned the hard way when I had the wife helping me remove the front two and she dropped the passenger side on a rocky trail. My heart literally sank to the depths of hell because I thought it would be damaged and replacement would be a LONG time. Turns out they're pretty sturdy. I got a small scratch on top that you can't see because the MIC is the same color all the way through. Also helps that I can't see the top roof either.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I must be pretty lucky... 3k+ miles and no noise yet. I will keep this in mind if it starts.

Thank you...

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm at over 2k miles now and I've been waiting for some noise, of any kind to start but I have Nada yet... If had my front panels off a couple times... Have shit ready to fix it if it happens. But right now nothing. 🤷

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4dr OBX just when over 6K miles. Put a small amount of spray silicone on each pin, without removing the tops. Been pop free for over a month now.

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I'm at over 2k miles now and I've been waiting for some noise, of any kind to start but I have Nada yet... If had my front panels off a couple times... Have shit ready to fix it if it happens. But right now nothing. 🤷
Yup 5k miles so far no noise cold as hell also nothing!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup 5k miles so far no noise cold as hell also nothing!
It’s a tolerance issue with the metal roof brackets. I suspect those of us with the popping could adjust the brackets, but it is far easier to wrap the damn pin and move on.
Sponsored