Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lube the guide pins.

It's that freaking simple.

I used a Q-tip and a tiny amount of the cleanest lube I had in the garage .... Vaseline.
(Coat your carb gaskets or other fuel gasket/seals with vaseline, they will come apart so much easier later.)

It's been done a few weeks now. It's been warm, cold, rainy , snowy ... the top is now silent.

No need for foam pads or shrink wrap ... I didn't even fully remove the panels, I just popped them up enough to lube the pins with the Q-tip.

Now for all the other squeaks, pops and rattles that I wasn't hearing before ... LOL.
Speaker upgrade maybe?
Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lube the guide pins.

I used a Q-tip and a tiny amount of the cleanest lube I had in the garage .... Vaseline.
(Coat your carb gaskets or other fuel gasket/seals with vaseline, they will come apart so much easier later.)

It's been done a few weeks now. It's been warm, cold, rainy , snowy ... the top is now silent.

No need for foam pads or shrink wrap ... I didn't even fully remove the panels, I just popped them up enough to lube the pins with the Q-tip.

Now for all the other squeaks, pops and rattles that I wasn't hearing before ... LOL.
Speaker upgrade maybe?
If mine makes noise I’ll be calling you to show me how to fix it!!! 😂

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL ... it will. 😳
😁

Bring it over. Bring the family, we'll make a dinner/outting out of it!!!

Bronco wild outdoors

Badlands
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
drivenwildgear.com
Vehicle(s)
17 f 250, 66 mustang GT, 91 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lube the guide pins.

Speaker upgrade maybe?
The heat shrink protects the pin from getting gouged. I used heat shrink to avoid the dust/dirt sticking to it.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The heat shrink protects the pin from getting gouged. I used heat shrink to avoid the dust/dirt sticking to it.
Heat shrink will work for a while, but repeated use could tear a hole in it thereby degrading the lubricity.

Sponsored

Bronco wild outdoors

Badlands
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
drivenwildgear.com
Vehicle(s)
17 f 250, 66 mustang GT, 91 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heat shrink will work for a while, but repeated use could tear a hole in it thereby degrading the lubricity.
I'm doing a 1000 mile follow-up video, I guess we will see. I also plan on removing/installing panels multiple times.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May have to do this. I was pop free for months, the one morning this week... Pop... Pop... Pop... It stopped later and hasn't returned. Creaks and squeaks don't bother me but man that pin pop is shockingly loud which makes it super annoying.

I have a huge tube of food grade silicone super lube I'll try.
Sponsored