Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine broke after one day using a Tackform phone mount. Ugh. Will probably return the mount and start to fix next time at the dealer.
Which mount did you have I was looking at getting the wireless charger mount for the bronco. It if it’s going to brake the part in the dash that’s no good
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which mount did you have I was looking at getting the wireless charger mount for the bronco. It if it’s going to brake the part in the dash that’s no good
Fixing the mount is a 5-min job. Two T25 torx screws and it pops right off. I added some vibra-tite thread locker and tightened up the castle nut, should be good to go.

I have the standard phone mount, I don't have a power port on the dash so would still have a wire coming down either way. I also don't charge my phone in the Bronco that often. But for only $10 more it's a great deal.

Canonman11

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if this is why the BYOD rail is AWOL.
Mine looked like this one where the flange in on the inside. But I still had the same problem with it losing up so I could not tighten the accessories. Had to use some strong plastic adhesive in order to lock it back down. Ford really needs to rethink this one.

A6E68604-A6F3-47C0-A7BB-00A0E51BF54D.jpeg

26158BD6-B446-4EE9-9D19-23A6432043A3.jpeg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This should be a pinned post. This issue is an accident waiting to happen.

I noticed @EIGHTLUG was tied into the other thread. But, this needs a fix before my TAP and toys end up flying out of the window.

Reactions: Cat

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW - the two bolts that hold that trim piece in are TP15, not T20 as stated in the original post.

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I was about to spend another hour wrestling with them!

FWIW - the two bolts that hold that trim piece in are TP15, not T20 as stated in the original post.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This same problem happened to me after using the mount only 2x! What the heck......

Anyway, I found this video before I found this thread and fixed the problem.

Fixing the mount is a 5-min job. Two T25 torx screws and it pops right off. I added some vibra-tite thread locker and tightened up the castle nut, should be good to go.

I have the standard phone mount, I don't have a power port on the dash so would still have a wire coming down either way. I also don't charge my phone in the Bronco that often. But for only $10 more it's a great deal.
I used T20 like it says in the video that I linked above and it worked fine.
If this thing rattles loose again, I'll add the Loctite.

Question: In the future I may want to install one of those mount systems that can hold a cell phone, GoPro, tablet, radios, etc. Do you know if using Loctite would make it more difficult to install aftermarket mounts? I don't want to glue the thing together and then find out that I need to use that screw for something.

Mystery

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This post was a huge help. This also happened to me within a few hours of putting a ram mount ball on and a cell phone holder. By the time I got around to fixing it the nut had fallen completely off. It is interesting to read the different bolts that are noted. For me it was a T20 as stated in the opening post.

BASE729

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would this issue cause the mount to wobble?

I just installed the 67D full rail and it has horrible flex front to back. The dash part that's removed in the videos here flexes front to back, so no matter how tight I make the 1/4-20 bolt, it still has horrible wobble.
Sponsored