M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, it’s not from hitting it with my knee. I can make mine do it whenever I want by not manually switching it off before shutting down the engine. Yours may be doing it and you don’t even know it. Mine will come on about 50 to 65 minutes after shutting down and exiting the truck. I am very careful to make sure I don’t hit it. It stays on for about 5-15 minutes. Like I said it doesn’t do it if I make sure it is switched to off. There is a problem with the automatic on, automatic off function. I’m going to take it in on Friday if I have time just to start a ticket.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any updates? I've got a 2022 base doing the same thing. I'm confident it's not me bumping the switch. I turn the switch to auto and it frequently reverts itself to 'on'. I come back out and find my headlights on, draining my battery. I flip back to 'auto' and sure enough it flips itself back. i have not disabled any connectivity features.

I'm not game to leave it sitting at a dealer chasing a software bug.

Were you successful in disabling anything in Forscan?
You're saying the switch itself is moving?? Wow....

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The physical switch is not moving, the lights on the light switch will turn on, and the headlights/taillights come on. Some times it has happened just by opening the door. All fuses are tight. All plugs are tight. Battery connections are tight. Software is updated. It’s either a faulty switch or a possessed one!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The physical switch is not moving, the lights on the light switch will turn on, and the headlights/taillights come on. Some times it has happened just by opening the door. All fuses are tight. All plugs are tight. Battery connections are tight. Software is updated. It’s either a faulty switch or a possessed one!
I vote for evil gremlins living aboard.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nah, unlike my 2012 f150 that has been set to auto headlights now for 10yrs, the bronco headlight switch does not seem to be 100% mechanical. My guess is that it is a 'soft' control that can also be controlled via software. So if there is a reboot or software change, it overrides the previous position of the switch, despite the switch not moving.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if you’re like me you stop hitting your knee once you get used to it. I’m also used to reaching for the e-brake control now (use it all the time with the manual transmission) where it was awkward at first. Sometimes it’s just getting used to something new.

I also now naturally use the steering wheel controls in the Bronco, where before I’d confuse them with the different layout on my F150. It’s just time in the vehicle…for me, anyway.
Yeah I modified the way I get into the bronk and issue is resolved.

First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
It happened yet again today to me. I watched them turn on this time while the truck was parked and locked. This is not an issue of people just hitting the switch. Really hope something comes of this soon. It’s starting to get old seeing “low power mode activated” every day when the headlights have a mind of their own. I’ve tried turning the switch to off when I get out and that isn’t correcting the issue either.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How can a cold connection go hot?

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been having the same issue with my lights coming on by themselves, I thought I was losing my mind. I was convinced my girlfriend or myself were accidentally hitting the switch with our knees exiting the Bronco. We both got in the habit of making sure the switch was either set to “auto” or “off” before exiting and locking the vehicle and it seemed to work for a while.

Well today I witnessed it is not user error. I watched as my girlfriend came home and parked the Bronco. I watched her get out, lock the Bronco and look back to make sure the lights turned off, they definitely turned off. A little later in the evening as the sun was setting we were sitting on the couch and we noticed the lights turn on in the Bronco through the front window. We both looked at each other thinking one of us had hit the key or something but sure enough both of the keys were hanging up. I walked out to the Bronco, it was locked still so I unlocked it and checked the switch which had magically gone into “on” mode not “auto” or “off”.

This is undoubtedly a software glitch of some sort. Now the question is how do I replicate the issue for the service department…

Sponsored

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its interesting that a lot of us with this issue have Base Broncos. Not all, but quite a few. Our switch does not have features like fog lights. I’m guessing it’s a bad batch of switches.

PacosTacos88

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 door base + Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its interesting that a lot of us with this issue have Base Broncos. Not all, but quite a few. Our switch does not have features like fog lights. I’m guessing it’s a bad batch of switches.
Base Bronco here too. Just happened to me last night.

The switch isn't purely mechanical genius, it's part digital. You'd know that if you had been reading the entire thread and not just chiming in like an illiterate toddler. Appreciate your super helpful response tho

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base Bronco here too. Just happened to me last night.

The switch isn't purely mechanical genius, it's part digital. You'd know that if you had been reading the entire thread and not just chiming in like an illiterate toddler. Appreciate your super helpful response tho
Bad day eh, Paco? And some are reporting exactly that....

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base here. I have had it happen three times, now. It's 100% not hitting the switch with my knee. With as far back as I keep my seat, it'd be impossible.

It happened most recently on Saturday. I got out, checked on a few things outside, and saw that the lights were off before heading inside. A few minutes later, my wife went out and told me that my lights were still on. When I unlocked and opened the door to manually turn the switch to "off," I was greeted with the "your lights are on" chime that is different from the normal entry chime.

espeefreeboardr

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was having the same issue. I am sitting in a Ford service waiting room at this very second having the light switch replaced. I was told there was a short in it. Took about two months to get a new switch in, hopefully the new switch resolves the issue.
Sponsored