Sponsored

Flat tow supplemental brake issue still!!

Runyon

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bad lands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
21 2dr 3.7. I have been struggling with Brake lock ups using an RVI brake system. I got the update that causes the Brake errors to pop up once in tow mode so the active brake system is supposed to be turning off. When this change first showed up I had no clue what the errors ment. Ford sent no notes to me or my dealer. I took it in due to the errors, they had no clue and got me no answers. I then started getting the random lockups. I theN saw the service note. SSM 51415 2021-2023 Bronco that had another software update that had to be done at the dealer, I got that completed and no more than out the driveway I had two lock ups . This locks the brakes and doesn't let go. Usually when coming to a stop. I have been stuck in traffic, causing, undue damage to both vehicles. I ruled out the RVI brake system today, I removed the fuses for the brake system and have drove over 400 miles and the work exactly as they should. How do I find out if I travel the proper fix. Why hasn't Ford sent out a safty notice on this? If they make these kind of firmware changes we should be informed. This is dangerous and I feel there are no straight answers. I just want to know what bake modual firmware I should have and how to check it? Forescan? It seems to me this should be an easy fix unless it's option or board version based..
Sponsored

edwinroark

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When your brakes were locking up, is it the RVI pressing the brakes or something in the Bronco system locking the brakes?

Do you have the RVI Shadow or RVI Brake 3?

Also your brake issues of locking up seem to be different than other users who are experiencing a decreased braking ability after the EBB shuts down.

Here is a website that may be of interest to you
https://lemberglaw.com/ford-bronco-flat-towing-brake-problems/

I have just completed the setup for flat towing my 2022 Wildtrac 2.7 but haven't pulled it yet. I took it to a local dealer who refused to install the recent software update Ford has released because I have not had any problems yet. But it seems the update did not help you.

I would like to hear more about your issues so I can anticipate what I may encounter.

Thanks, Ed