Sponsored

Flat Towing with / without Issues

How many folks are towing with no issues versus having problems?

• Flat tow and encountered major issues requiring professional repair or loss of vehicle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm posting this poll after tossing and turning most of the night. I've bought most of the items needed to set my 2.3L automatic for flat towing. After seeing several posts with people having issues, I wanted to get a feel for how many in our limited forum are having issues versus those that are having a relatively trouble free experience.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I've seen 2 total transmission failure threads and am a bit anxious, curious if this issue is at all wide spread. I hope this thread gets traction.

I'm in the 10+ no issues group

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I've seen 2 total transmission failure threads and am a bit anxious, curious if this issue is at all wide spread. I hope this thread gets traction.

I'm in the 10+ no issues group
For me it was waking up several times at night and thinking about a grenaded transmission. I'm working through the logistics of a dedicated toad in lieu of the Bronco. My lack of extra storage space means that isn't real easy. I guess just second thoughts on flat towing.

I have until next spring to decide. All our trips with the RV through the end of the year can be toad free.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will continue to tow the Bronco. I would have bought a Bronco anyway, but having it where we go, to do our adventures is important to me.

ssmegapunish

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Lightning, 2021 F350DRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Flat tow my 2022 with the 2.7 (electric brake booster). Around 2k miles so far. Dealer confirmed I have the flat tow update and the errors about pre collision assist etc come up when putting into flat tow so i know it is turning off ebb. I keep bronco on a charger when stopped overnight and have a charge line while towing. Still had a brake lockup 250 ish miles into a trip last week. I pull fuses now. Always check that awd module is in neutral and trans temp ok with forscan before leaving and periodically during trips. Not ideal but some peace of mind.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor