Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hoping you guys can help me out - I ordered my Big Bend (has standard carpeted floor) with the "without carpet mats" option for mats below because I do not want any carpeted floor mats, I only want Vinyl/rubber floor mats to go over the carpet floors.

Now I'm 2nd guessing that maybe the other option "with carpeted floors" is actually the correct one to order for my rig.

I think I'm confused because they r the same price and I know some broncos have vinyl floors while others have carpet. To be clear, which option do I choose so that I have only vinyl floor mats that go over the standard Big Bend carpeted floors?

Ford Bronco Floor mat confusion - help! Screenshot_20211223-215905
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the floor liners front and rear with the carpet mats, you will get both for the same price, put the rubberized over your standard carpet floors and save the carpet mats for latter if you ever want to use them 🍍🍕

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get the floor liners front and rear with the carpet mats, you will get both for the same price, put the rubberized over your standard carpet floors and save the carpet mats for latter if you ever want to use them 🍍🍕
Yeah I was kind of thinking the same but I just checked my invoice and they only charged me $120 for doing the "without carpet mats option." I'm guessing that them showing the same price on the builder site is an error just like the locking diff shows up as "free" until you scroll down to the summary. At any rate sounds like I picked the right option for what I wanted. Thanks!

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ask me, you want the with carpet mats choice. The wording is so confusing and bad on the ford website.

There are two versions of those mats. One set is if you have vinyl flooring, one set for carpet. I believe one of the differences is that the mats designed for carpet have all those nubs on the back to grip the carpet. I don't know what else is different. They are each described as only fitting their respective flooring type.

These links are not to a ford website but the parts are the exact ones from the build and price. They are detailed much better.

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m...nco-4-door-vinyl-floor-ford-floor-liners.html

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m...co-4-door-carpet-floor-ford-floor-liners.html

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want the ones with carpeted mats. It is referring to the floor the liners are being placed on. You have carpet. The ones without carpet mays are made to go over the wash out floors and have ridges that mate to the drain channels. They are both liners and are the same on top, it just matters what floor you are placing them over.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok, see this is what I was questioning in the first place. I guess I was assuming that the online builder would not give me an option that wasn't compatible with my trim (all Big Bends have carpet lined floors) and the "with or without carpet mats" was simply referring to whether I wanted carpet mats AND vinyl mats with my build. Guess I should probably just change to "with carpet mats" to cover all bases. So annoying.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the difference is whether you get the carpet mats AND the rubber mats, or JUST the rubber mats.

This is not the carpeted floorpan, these are the removable carpet mats.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked the 3rd one, but Im not really sure what “upgraded” means? I really just wanted the the ones
That look like weather tech,
But with the pony?
I’m getting a Base with carpet.
So i dont know
What I ordered now??

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Floor mat confusion - help! Screenshot_20211224-011803_Chrome

This does a better job of explaining what you are looking at...
They have two nearly identical floor liners. One for carpet and one for vinyl. Only difference is in the way they stay put on the surface you are placing them. I ordered the vinyl version and currently have them in my BL with MGV. They are molded on the back to contour and lie in the drainage channel. The carpeted interior does not have that channel for it to fit into.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This does a better job of explaining what you are looking at...
They have two nearly identical floor liners. One for carpet and one for vinyl. Only difference is in the way they stay put on the surface you are placing them. I ordered the vinyl version and currently have them in my BL with MGV. They are molded on the back to contour and lie in the drainage channel. The carpeted interior does not have that channel for it to fit into.
Yes, I have the carpeted version and they also have the "nibs" on the back, spaced about an inch apart, that hold the mat in place the carpet so it doesn't move around.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I have the carpeted version and they also have the "nibs" on the back, spaced about an inch apart, that hold the mat in place the carpet so it doesn't move around.
And that would be the difference... mine have no nibs as they would not hold on vinyl. Carpeted version had none to hold onto carpet, vinyl version has no jobs since there is no carpet and instead has a rail that lies in the drainage channels. Thanks for helping describe the differences between the two liners.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The word was (a few months ago).... carpeted floors come standard with carpeted floor mats.
If you order the floor liner option you don't get the carpeted floor mats.(can someone confirm?)
Therefore you can buy the floor liner mats after delivery and end up with both sets for about the same price.
My 2 dr could be a year away. There should be several aftermarket mats to choose from. I can wait for the mats but want my damn Bronco!

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm that my BL with wash out interior came with carpet floor mats.

slidan

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had carpets in my car. Main idea was is dye them in yellow color, as I seen DIY here, because I have yellow interior. Then after maybe year, carpets became dirty grey-yellow. Then just chaged to black rubber floor mats. Nothing better than just black one. So I's my advice to you

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have both carpet and vinyl floor mats that came with my Explorer. Therefore, I have brand new never used carpet mats that will be nice come trade in time. They've been knocking about the garage this whole time though
Sponsored