Sponsored

Flying out for delivery and driving back?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Best drive of my life may have been from SF to Laguna. Big Sur. Wow.
Big sur is friggin beautiful

The marathon they put on in March is amazing, you grab a bus in Monterey, they drive you to big sur then you run back. Absolutely epic journey

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m trying to make this not only an experience to buy and drive my new Bronco, but something my wife and two daughters will remember forever (bucket list if you will).
Considering flying out to buy there in Odessa TX.
Taking day 1 after the sale and going through NM maybe over to Winslow, AZ making it to the painted desert by sundown. Stay the night.
Day 2 is driving to, looking at the Grand Canyon, driving to CA coast area by sundown. Stay the night.
Day 3, drive up the coast all day. Stay the night wherever we end up.
Day 4, Oregon, over to Idaho, Yellowstone area. Stay the night.
Day 5, meander wherever, probably south toward Wyoming, Colorado.
Day 6, keep trucking on maybe southward back to Albuquerque and catching US 66 back East.
Take a few days and meander back home.
Of course there’s probably an oil change in there mid-CA for proper break-in.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
What are your plans?
It’s a nice itinerary, but I’m afraid you are going to have little time for sightseeing. On Day 2 for example the drive from Grand Canyon to the Calif Coast is 675 mi.....and you still need to get to Grand Canyon from Winslow. From the Central Calif Coast up to Oregon and over to Yellowstone is 3 day’s min (2 Very long days if you bypass Oregon and head East from San Francisco)
I would either add more days or bypass the West Coast and go to Yellowstone after Grand Canyon. (You could take in Bryce and Zion NP’s along the way)

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a nice itinerary, but I’m afraid you are going to have little time for sightseeing. On Day 2 for example the drive from Grand Canyon to the Calif Coast is 675 mi.....and you still need to get to Grand Canyon from Winslow. From the Central Calif Coast up to Oregon and over to Yellowstone is 3 day’s min (2 Very long days if you bypass Oregon and head East from San Francisco)
I would either add more days or bypass the West Coast and go to Yellowstone after Grand Canyon. (You could take in Bryce and Zion NP’s along the way)
Yeah I’m gonna have to plan it out for reasonable daily jaunts. Original plan was go to Albuquerque and do 66 back.
Then I thought I’d probably never be closer to the Grand Canyon or Big Sur again so why not just do it?
The main draw for the added trip was to do the Pacific coast and see the GC. I’ve flown over the west coast a few times, never been there or watched the sunset, put my feet in the Pacific, and just the pics of Big Sur have me pining to drive it.
Really want to see the redwoods too.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a great deal and gives me an excuse to do that epic drive with the fam.
I completely understand the road trip aspect. The only deal I am aware of that is in Odessa is the free delivery. Don't commit to anything in TX yet, we are still working on group buy over here.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I’m gonna have to plan it out for reasonable daily jaunts. Original plan was go to Albuquerque and do 66 back.
Then I thought I’d probably never be closer to the Grand Canyon or Big Sur again so why not just do it?
The main draw for the added trip was to do the Pacific coast and see the GC. I’ve flown over the west coast a few times, never been there or watched the sunset, put my feet in the Pacific, and just the pics of Big Sur have me pining to drive it.
Really want to see the redwoods too.
The Big Sur drive is well worth it.....and an excellent break-in drive as it covers 100 miles of driving in a leisurely 2 1/2 hrs of driving time from Cambria to Carmel. The town of Carmel at the northern end is the dessert and we’ll worth a visit along with a drive on 17 Mile Drive. We go over there every year for the ATT Pebble Beach golf tournament. From Carmel to the Redwoods NP is another 450 miles, thus lots of driving

Last edited:
OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely understand the road trip aspect. The only deal I am aware of that is in Odessa is the free delivery. Don't commit to anything in TX yet, we are still working on group buy over here.
True. I'm talking with Mr. Sewell directly to see if anything else/different can be done, as I don't need free delivery if I am coming to get it on location. I thought they were another "below invoice" place but looked back at my notes and yes, free delivery is currently their angle on the sale.
I have to refer back to the master list here on the 6G group from time to time. Lots of places, lots of details.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's no way i am boarding a flight out of NYC. Nor do I want to put myself in a situation that i have to do it next year.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mr. Sewell said today they are working on a program for those of us who want to come in and take them out ourselves vs. free delivery.
It would involve them covering airfare to there and helping plan/route out/map/advise as much as wanted on your intended trip out.
I'll share more details as I get them, and only facts with no speculation.
The last thing I want is putting out bad info or putting words into anyone else's mouths.
I also asked him about a rack, meaning would it be available with the vehicle and installed at the time of delivery or does he expect them to be backordered or available after the receipt of the vehicles to satisfy orders.
He said that as far as he knows and expects any add-on purchased/ordered will be available and installed when you come to get your new ride.
Good thing is that opens up some storage solutions to what is now morphed into a 10-12 day adventure.
I amended our daily route to something realistic, less- arduous, easy-going so we aren't held to a couple of 12+ hour driving days between lodging. Thanks to yall CA guys for the advice.
Sponsored