First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
we are not requiring any deposit at time of order so that dealer is lying to you or mullinax is covering that cost if it does exist for our reservation holders. But I am almost certain that it is bullshit
I have heard, and it seems reasonable, that Ford is going to require an additional $500 deposit at order time. If people really needed only $100 to have a custom vehicle built, then many would order then walk away at delivery time. The extra deposit will weed out the posers and lookie-Lou's.

Mark my words, an additional (Ford required) deposit is coming and we should ALL welcome this!
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My backout strategy is to check the backup camera, check my mirrors and proceed carefully. Don't want to ding my new Bronco on the first day. :D

Oh, is that not what we're talking about? :ROFLMAO:

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have heard, and it seems reasonable, that Ford is going to require an additional $500 deposit at order time. If people really needed only $100 to have a custom vehicle built, then many would order then walk away at delivery time. The extra deposit will weed out the posers and lookie-Lou's.

Mark my words, an additional (Ford required) deposit is coming and we should ALL welcome this!
where did you hear this? that has not been communicated to us, also it seems very unlikely since any payment goes to the dealers not ford they don't determine price or down payments or what is charged by the dealers

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where did you hear this? that has not been communicated to us, also it seems very unlikely since any payment goes to the dealers not ford they don't determine price or down payments or what is charged by the dealers
Ford has said publicly that the dealers may require a deposit... and people should be prepared for that.

Some dealers have told their customers that they are requiring a deposit.

Some dealers have told their customers that they are not requiring a deposit.

And, some dealers have told their customers that Ford is making them require the deposit...

Either way, you're buying the car from the dealer, not from Ford... so it doesn't even pass the sniff test that Ford would require the dealers take one. It's up to the dealers how they do business.

Last edited:

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has said publicly that the dealers may require a deposit... and people should be prepared for that.

Some dealers have told their customers that they are requiring a deposit.

Some dealers have told their customers that they are not requiring a deposit.

And, some dealers have told their customers that Ford is making them require the deposit.

Either way, you're buy the car from the dealer, not from Ford... so it doesn't even pass the sniff test that Ford would require the dealers take one. It's up to the dealer's how the do business.
exactly what I have been saying

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just don't see the problem. If you won't or can't pay $500 or $1000 at order, please step aside....I'm late enough and need all the help I can get. And now that you know you won't be hardwired for hardtop when you buy the soft....

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in Canada, my dealer is wanting 1000 down and I have no issue with that. However, I'll be putting down said deposit in mid January after I see the updated build and price along with the order guide, not a day before that.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@noahr Can you explain your take on this hypothetical situation? Let’s say someone puts an order in during the order window. May comes around and Ford estimates that February 2022 is the delivery window. If the customer doesn’t want to wait that long and they decide to cancel well before VIN is made or the order is scheduled, what happens to the order? Does it get completely cancelled? Does the dealer get to keep it if they wish? Is the dealer required to keep that order and build? Can the dealer change the build to meet what they think they can sell quickly? I guess basically, what happens to that order before it actually means anything on the production floor? Thanks!

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks

Am I missing something here.... Can't you just put in your order and if it spits out a delivery date not to your liking just pass on the purchase..... will you be able to back out with no penalty???
Yes you should be able to but best to call the dealer you plan to use and confirm that. I was in the same boat, I'm not waiting till 22 to get a Bronco (this isn't a Ferrari), so I wanted to make sure if I was told "hey you'll get it in January 2022" I could say cancel without punishment. According to my dealer, I can.

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@noahr Can you explain your take on this hypothetical situation? Let’s say someone puts an order in during the order window. May comes around and Ford estimates that February 2022 is the delivery window. If the customer doesn’t want to wait that long and they decide to cancel well before VIN is made or the order is scheduled, what happens to the order? Does it get completely cancelled? Does the dealer get to keep it if they wish? Is the dealer required to keep that order and build? Can the dealer change the build to meet what they think they can sell quickly? I guess basically, what happens to that order before it actually means anything on the production floor? Thanks!
The order is completely canceled, the dealer doesn't get it unless it crosses our door as far as I have been told.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I can order my perfect build Bronco by the cut-off, I'll commit and drop a deposit. Of course, I'm a September 22nd reservation, so not even sure why they want me to go to a dealer during the MY21 ordering process. A lot of things can happen in one's life in the 6-12 months before it shows up. If the dealer can't enter the ideal build then I wait until Ford clears out the oddity that has been known as Bronco launch in Covid.

FACT: A lack of transparency is not caused by COVID.

Since I placed my reservation, I've only gotten reliable information from Bronco6G. I have a problem with contributors to a free site doing the work of a company that is going to receive $50k of my hard-earned money. The negative checkboxes are adding up a lot in the last 2 weeks as more pictures, details, and information are disclosed.

Trying to stay positive, but it's getting harder as I get closer to knowing what I'm really going to be getting in exchange for my money.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

FACT: A lack of transparency is not caused by COVID.

Since I placed my reservation, I've only gotten reliable information from Bronco6G. I have a problem with contributors to a free site doing the work of a company that is going to receive $50k of my hard-earned money. The negative checkboxes are adding up a lot in the last 2 weeks as more pictures, details, and information are disclosed.

Trying to stay positive, but it's getting harder as I get closer to knowing what I'm really going to be getting in exchange for my money.
Well said!!!

You absolutely win the best post of the month award, thank you.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford will require dealers take an additional $500 deposit, not Ford itself taking it. It has not been communicated because the policy was still under discussion at the time. The deposit will be refundable and dealers are welcome to require more if they so choose.

The goal is to ensure a high percentage of folks that order actually take delivery and the extra deposit would certainly be effective.
Where are you sourcing this information?
Sponsored