First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has said publicly that the dealers may require a deposit... and people should be prepared for that.

Some dealers have told their customers that they are requiring a deposit.

Some dealers have told their customers that they are not requiring a deposit.

And, some dealers have told their customers that Ford is making them require the deposit...

Either way, you're buying the car from the dealer, not from Ford... so it doesn't even pass the sniff test that Ford would require the dealers take one. It's up to the dealers how they do business.
Ford knows damn well that a meaningful percentage of customers who placed orders with $100 down will not take delivery for a variety of reasons. This will piss off customers, like you and I, when we see dealers selling these cars off the lot while we're waiting. It also benefits dealers with un-delivered orders, thus encouraging unsavory dealers to play ordering games which everyone knows happens.

What's an EASY solution? Require dealers take an additional deposit! It certainly passes the 'sniff' test. Left "up to the dealers" as you suggest, would encourage them to have 'friends and employees' place orders and then back out to fill their lots, something Ford does not want.

Anyway, believe it or not, it will happen. Care to wager? Maybe $500? ?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have heard, and it seems reasonable, that Ford is going to require an additional $500 deposit at order time. If people really needed only $100 to have a custom vehicle built, then many would order then walk away at delivery time. The extra deposit will weed out the posers and lookie-Lou's.

Mark my words, an additional (Ford required) deposit is coming and we should ALL welcome this!
The $100 reservation fee is the most I've ever put down on an ordered vehicle and I've ordered a few.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just don't see the problem. If you won't or can't pay $500 or $1000 at order, please step aside....I'm late enough and need all the help I can get. And now that you know you won't be hardwired for hardtop when you buy the soft....
For some, that money could be tied up for more than a year is the problem. The dealer will make money with those deposits, not the customers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no issue with a deposit, but reserve the right to cancel anytime and have it returned if whatever reason I see fit to cancel happens. I'm willing to wait a reasonable amount of time, but if the F-150 Tremor hits the lots first, I'll have a hard time hanging on.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Back Out Strategy d1eo724-8ea54664-90cc-4548-9a3b-cefad1dba078

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've stayed in for the hopes that with only $100 tied up they will see the light and fix all that has appeared to be a vehicle designed by the committee during a pandemic and a bunch of discussion board reaction and afterthought. I'll gladly put up a fair deposit for a Bronco that I want.

This will be a $40-55k rig which makes it fall squarely as a primary vehicle for the majority of buyers. If we have to part ways with our existing primary vehicle to have one, most people will make only a few concessions. I'm slowly starting to realize my dream of a Bronco replacing my primary is likely not going to happen until a refresh. I think they are too committed to parts suppliers at this juncture. The first 300-400k are likely committed by parts contracts.

I'm really not making all these concessions in exchange for $50k. Manual seats, No rear cupholders, no real rear vents, orange stiching, weird front license plate location, grey MIC top, no wiring If I choose soft until the painted one is available, 3.5k towing, etc. This is serious real money here, $54k on my build with all those nagging thoughts. I should just go buy a used 2 door wrangler next year and just keep my primary vehicle. In fact, It would actually cost me the same money.

So yes, unless Ford askes for a serious deposit, many may be rejected upon arrival on dealer lots.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I talked to a couple dealers, they said Ford is requiring a minimum $500 with reservation orders. That said, I have seen other (maybe less scrupulous) dealers asking for $2000 or more, with placement of an order.

I don’t have any problem with $500, refundable, but I would change dealers before I would trust some salesman with $2k of my money!!!
My dealer in WA is not requiring any additional money. The’ve been pretty communicative so I think the dealer you’re speaking to is lying to you.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer in WA is not requiring any additional money. The’ve been pretty communicative so I think the dealer you’re speaking to is lying to you.
yeah we arent requiring an additional deposit either so unless ford has only told a couple of dealers they are full of malarkey or it hasnt been communicated. Either way though you are doing a transaction with the dealer not ford. The whole thing doesn't make any sense
Sponsored