BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok hoping someone has a suggestion on why I can’t get my dogs to turn on from the aux 1 switch.

I have two diode dynamics fogs plugged into a harness I got from 4x4 leds. I am trying to wire the fogs to aux 1 and the back light to aux 2. Then there’s the ground.

No lights come on when wired this way. With the ground mounted the aux light box switch doesn’t even light so not sure what I’m doing wrong here. I assume I can ground to the other grounds near the hood?

I took a picture. Aux 1 and 2 wires. Fl = fog light , bl = back light , g = ground

IMG_1834.jpeg
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks like yellow is correct for Aux 1 but your Aux 2 should be green/brown - looks like your backlight is on Aux 6. But in reference to your question - yes they should be working as long as you have a good ground. Check fuses maybe?

Ford Bronco Fog Light Help 1711716368329-g6

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried the lights hooked straight to the battery to confirm they work through the harness? Have you checked voltage at the wires from the Aux switches?

Night Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought is to ask how you have the harness wired. I'm not suggesting this is your case, but I spoke to someone once who thought the AUX wires were the power source and figured that if the positive harness wire was attached to that, then it would work. It's a reasonable thought if you have never done any car wiring before.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok hoping someone has a suggestion on why I can’t get my dogs to turn on from the aux 1 switch.

I have two diode dynamics fogs plugged into a harness I got from 4x4 leds. I am trying to wire the fogs to aux 1 and the back light to aux 2. Then there’s the ground.

No lights come on when wired this way. With the ground mounted the aux light box switch doesn’t even light so not sure what I’m doing wrong here. I assume I can ground to the other grounds near the hood?

I took a picture. Aux 1 and 2 wires. Fl = fog light , bl = back light , g = ground

IMG_1834.jpeg
Your ground is not hooked up. At least in that photo. Where are you trying to attach the ground point to? You have to attach it to a grounding lug on the chassis, one of the two I circled in red

Ford Bronco Fog Light Help 1711720501054-ab

Of course if you just took this photo as an example and had your ground hooked up, thats another story.

But your issue is with your upfitters. If they are not lighting up when you turn one on, that's an issue with the upfitters. Your truck IS running, right (or in ACC mode). Upfitters are only live when the trucks circuit is on.

If you have it running (or ACC mode) and still no light, check your fuses on the upfitters (check owners manual for the locations). You probably blew a fuse at some point.

You can also test the lights since you have cut the harness wire. Just touch the red wire to positive and your grounding ring to the negative on the battery. Do the lights come on or do things start sparking like crazy (indicating a short). They WILL spark of course when you first connect them but if they continue to spark and/or heat up that's a short somewhere on the harness (extremely rare!).

One thing you can do is show me a photo of both ends of the harness, that plug into the light so I can verify that they are pinned correctly (it's EXTREMELY rare they are not but hey, a human makes these and anything is possible).

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the help here guys. I did make progress this morning and honestly not sure what changed since last night (maybe too many beers)

Looking good now!

IMG_1836.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the help here guys. I did make progress this morning and honestly not sure what changed since last night (maybe too many beers)

Looking good now!

Ford Bronco Fog Light Help IMG_1836
Admit it. You forgot to connect the ground :)

It's okay. I do it ALL THE TIME at the shop and the guys make fun of me.

OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Admit it. You forgot to connect the ground :)

It's okay. I do it ALL THE TIME at the shop and the guys make fun of me.
Yah although I recall grounding and it not working last night so I took it off and started with fumbling with everything. Who the hell knows what I did lol.

I did recrimp and heat shrink everything. Looked clean when I got done. Thanks again for the help! The light bar is brighter than the sun lol
Sponsored