Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I picked them up at the South Point and followed to the hump to Pahrump....

So it turns out I followed them 20.4 miles from first sighting . 2.4 miles of the 20.4 was off road, yes off road , i am a jeeper ya know. For the locals it is the boyscout trail on the hump that can lead to Goodsprings saloon.

So just to clarify for certain posters out there. I never hounded them, I never honked the horn (in NV it is a $200 fine to blow the horn when not an emergency) and I was about 1/4 mile behind for the most part until we got to stop lights. I am a Jeeper, and have been here for 18 years and I kinda know where they are going no need to crowd them.

So now we go off road, mostly washboard trail. Not like we had to go to 4wd.

The desert in Las Vegas is the Mojave desert. And it is dirt, not sand like in the Sahara desert. So you could leave a half mile distance separation and still be able to follow someone. Anyway they drivers finally pulled over.....

So I pulled up and said “ if you let me see the vinyl I will stop following you”.

The drivers looked at each other like I was speaking Spanish (and I can). I said “ I want to check out the marine grade vinyl. I have a reservation and order day is approaching and I want to know I am making the correct choice on Bronco trim“.

The light bulbs turned on and CO driver asks if I have a cell phone? I said I do and it will stay in my pocket and I will not touch it. CO driver let’s me check out the interior of the 2 door CO. I don’t look at his laptop information I just check out the seats. And no I didn’t take any pics because I kinda promised.

MGV for me 100%. That stuff is awesome!!! Super soft with some texture, cool to the touch, not like bass boat vinyl. Ford did the MGV right!

Little more of the story to follow.....
Were they parked at the South Point or did you see them driving past it? I'd love to get a good look at them in person and I'm leaving work in about 45 minutes. lol
Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Megawatt Thank you for the info!!!! I’ve been reserved for Outer Banks but really would like to splurge to Badlands 2 door because of the vinyl but was afraid it would be not what I’d like. Do u think it’s going to be hard to sit on in the baking sun with top off? I’m in the Chicagoland area so hot is like 90 here. Thanks again for the info!!!! You made my afternoon!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Megawatt Thank you for the info!!!! I’ve been reserved for Outer Banks but really would like to splurge to Badlands 2 door because of the vinyl but was afraid it would be not what I’d like. Do u think it’s going to be hard to sit on in the baking sun with top off? I’m in the Chicagoland area so hot is like 90 here. Thanks again for the info!!!! You made my afternoon!
And c"mon, we only get like 5 days like that! Lol. The MGV is what moved me to BD.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
NurseA.J. It gets 110- 115F here in the Summer. I am getting the MGV. Now I am sure I would wear a parka in the cold where you would be in a windbreaker because your use to it. But I think Chicago and MGV will be ok for you. The MGV felt like antelope skin it was that soft (think softer than calf skin if you never felt antelope). At least that’s how I remember it last time I had a antelope jacket. Either way it was soft.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Were they parked at the South Point or did you see them driving past it? I'd love to get a good look at them in person and I'm leaving work in about 45 minutes. lol
Picked them up at LVBD and Silverado ranch.

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What did you think of the size? 4dr same as a 4Runner and the 2dr btwn like a 2dr wrangler and a 4 dr?
After working 75 hour work weeks the last two weeks in a row I was enjoying my rare day off. I left the house and was headed to LSwranglers, they specialize in dropping LS V8 motors in Wranglers. The V8 option is my plan B if a Bronco doesn't work out. Very convient as they are a local outfit and has been in business for 12 years. The first stoplight from my house I see the twins. My Jeep windows are dirty so the pics are meh ? but it’s something new for you all to read.

DF78CA29-6F75-4386-B855-647F1283318A.jpeg

I have no place to be, I have gas in the tank, and I have a modified wrangler so I figure there is no place I can’t follow them. I followed from a distance and here are a few pics..

This is a 4 door soft top outer banks with Sasquatch package with the roof peeled back In A51 paint.
48905B21-166C-4E88-9445-4E3D1D3D4AC0.jpeg

Roof sticks up way too much for my liking but it’s easy to get into position. Now I know a soft top is out for me.

Second Bronco is a cyber orange Badlands 2 door on 33” optional wheels.

80D74DCA-4DEA-4A9D-828A-6DC21C770893.jpeg

More of the story in a minute......

jaekim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Area-51 looks great with the black soft top. I think its worthwhile to wait for the black painted top.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto's or manuals?

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you think of the size? 4dr same as a 4Runner and the 2dr btwn like a 2dr wrangler and a 4 dr?
I've seen photos where the 2-door almost looks as big as a 4runner......

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have 2 Jeeps? Just noticed the white exterior in the side-view mirror. The other day you had a purple one?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I picked them up at the South Point and followed to the hump to Pahrump....

So it turns out I followed them 20.4 miles from first sighting . 2.4 miles of the 20.4 was off road, yes off road , i am a jeeper ya know. For the locals it is the boyscout trail on the hump that can lead to Goodsprings saloon.

So just to clarify for certain posters out there. I never hounded them, I never honked the horn (in NV it is a $200 fine to blow the horn when not an emergency) and I was about 1/4 mile behind for the most part until we got to stop lights. I am a Jeeper, and have been here for 18 years and I kinda know where they are going no need to crowd them.

So now we go off road, mostly washboard trail. Not like we had to go to 4wd.

6B61F5EB-9941-4B05-98D6-90AA54319939.jpeg

The desert in Las Vegas is the Mojave desert. And it is dirt, not sand like in the Sahara desert. So you could leave a half mile distance separation and still be able to follow someone. Anyway they drivers finally pulled over.....

So I pulled up and said “ if you let me see the vinyl I will stop following you”.

The drivers looked at each other like I was speaking Spanish (and I can). I said “ I want to check out the marine grade vinyl. I have a reservation and order day is approaching and I want to know I am making the correct choice on Bronco trim“.

The light bulbs turned on and CO driver asks if I have a cell phone? I said I do and it will stay in my pocket and I will not touch it. CO driver let’s me check out the interior of the 2 door CO. I don’t look at his laptop information I just check out the seats. And no I didn’t take any pics because I kinda promised.

MGV for me 100%. That stuff is awesome!!! Super soft with some texture, cool to the touch, not like bass boat vinyl. Ford did the MGV right!

Little more of the story to follow.....
Ford Bronco Followed 2 Broncos and got to see Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) Interior 286B8EE6-C0F0-480A-A329-9C72DEFF1CAB