First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Taycan, & GT4 RS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger If my car is registered to CA, but I have an address in a different state…am I eligible or ineligible to purchase through you?
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Purchased the 10yr/125k miles Premium care last week. Thanks Grainger!

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Great thread! This may be a silly question but are there advantages to purchasing this immediately once I receive my Bronco or does it make more sense to wait until I get closer to 3yr/36K?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Great thread! This may be a silly question but are there advantages to purchasing this immediately once I receive my Bronco or does it make more sense to wait until I get closer to 3yr/36K?
It will cost you more later for the same coverage plus it sounds like any additional coverage that is above and beyond the 36m/36k miles will be covered immediately. Best to ask @Zach@Granger.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Like BigFootie said it will basically just cost more later. The price goes up periodically like most things do, normally once or twice a year. It also goes up at like 12k miles and at other intervals I'm not sure of. You can play around with their site to see what the different numbers look like.

Aking325

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brinco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased recently from you so, thanks immensely!

To all who are considering purchasing an extended warranty. Do it sooner than later..... Ford has a cash grab policy that, according to Granger, is mandatory. If you wait to purchase an extended warranty after 12mo/12k miles, they ding you with a $100 "fee". if you wait until 3 yr/36k miles, they charge a $200 fee.

These charges make zero sense other than being an outright revenue generator.
Case in point...I’m within my original factory warranty. So, it shouldn’t matter when I add the extra coverage. Ford isn’t on the hook for any extra expense if I added it when the vehicle was brand new or add it now…. Now, if my coverage had lapsed and I added an extended plan, I can see maybe adding a charge or fee (even though it would still costs Ford zero extra dollars).
That is a good question. I believe you'd still be covered, but I need to verify.
my bronco is coming anyday to dealer. Wanting the performance tune (installed by dealer). Do not see an answer on this?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t see an answer to this
You will not get a definitive answer from anyone on that. It will always be a roll of the dice. Best bet is to look up the Magnuson-Moss act.

Aking325

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brinco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will not get a definitive answer from anyone on that. It will always be a roll of the dice. Best bet is to look up the Magnuson-Moss act.
I know the act but is pretty sketch the company who sells the car and product and dealer and warranty dealer all just throw their hands up and say who knows best of luck. Was going to install it but not after the ambiguity…….

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know the act but is pretty sketch the company who sells the car and product and dealer and warranty dealer all just throw their hands up and say who knows best of luck. Was going to install it but not after the ambiguity…….
I hear you. It's just the risk you take when modifying a vehicle. Whether it's with factory supported parts or not. Everything is a case by case basis. The main thing is they can't void your entire warranty over anything. It has to be a reasonable assumption that the aftermarket part caused the failure. And some dealers are more lenient than others. Kind of the same if there is a failure while Offroad. You can run into the same scenario. It's always a risk.

Splattered23

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 F150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tomorrow we should be finalizing the deal on our used 23 Wildtrak and are definitely interested in extended warranty... there are almost 60 pages now and dont see a search within thread function so i'll just ask.

Are we eligible as a second owner of a ford vehicle to purchase an extended warranty? Are there any stipulations prior to eligibility we need to be aware of?

Also assuming we have missed any recent sales as end/beginning year already in the rearview mirror haha

(Also we will prob opt for the key fob option but we aren't sure about the lighting. We might end up switching out some interior lighting and i'm not sure about exterior yet? Is that one worth skipping? I didn't get it on my 22 tremor and still kicking myself though i haven't needed it so far - knock on wood.)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Tomorrow we should be finalizing the deal on our used 23 Wildtrak and are definitely interested in extended warranty... there are almost 60 pages now and dont see a search within thread function so i'll just ask.

Are we eligible as a second owner of a ford vehicle to purchase an extended warranty? Are there any stipulations prior to eligibility we need to be aware of?

Also assuming we have missed any recent sales as end/beginning year already in the rearview mirror haha

(Also we will prob opt for the key fob option but we aren't sure about the lighting. We might end up switching out some interior lighting and i'm not sure about exterior yet? Is that one worth skipping? I didn't get it on my 22 tremor and still kicking myself though i haven't needed it so far - knock on wood.)
Quickest way unless someone knows for sure is to ask @Zach@Granger.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Hey there! as long as its within the 3 yr/36k mile window, you are still able to get the Ford Esp through us at the $50 over cost! You can go to our website and put in your vin number and specifics and get a quote!

A lot of people do the lighting option and fob options to have coverage the entire time. Its a small extra cost but those are pricy fixes as well. We always recommend them to ensure the entire vehicle is covered.

@Aking325 in regards to your aftermarket question..

What is not covered by this agreement - Repairs caused by...
alterations or modifications of the Vehicle, including the body, chassis, or components, after the Vehicle leaves the control of the manufacturer
tampering with the emissions systems or with the other parts that affect these systems ( as for example, but not limited to; exhaust and intake systems)
the installation or use of any part not approved by, or authorized by, the Vehicle's manufacturer ( other than "certified" emission parts), or any part designated for "off - road use only" installed after the Vehicle leaves the manufacturer's control. Examples of such parts include, but are not limited to: lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance - enhancing powertrain components.

^^^ as long as the part being installed is a Ford part installed by a Ford tech then it will be covered under the warranty

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey there! as long as its within the 3 yr/36k mile window, you are still able to get the Ford Esp through us at the $50 over cost! You can go to our website and put in your vin number and specifics and get a quote!

A lot of people do the lighting option and fob options to have coverage the entire time. Its a small extra cost but those are pricy fixes as well. We always recommend them to ensure the entire vehicle is covered.

@Aking325 in regards to your aftermarket question..

What is not covered by this agreement - Repairs caused by...
alterations or modifications of the Vehicle, including the body, chassis, or components, after the Vehicle leaves the control of the manufacturer
tampering with the emissions systems or with the other parts that affect these systems ( as for example, but not limited to; exhaust and intake systems)
the installation or use of any part not approved by, or authorized by, the Vehicle's manufacturer ( other than "certified" emission parts), or any part designated for "off - road use only" installed after the Vehicle leaves the manufacturer's control. Examples of such parts include, but are not limited to: lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance - enhancing powertrain components.

^^^ as long as the part being installed is a Ford part installed by a Ford tech then it will be covered under the warranty
Are Hardtops covered with the extended warranty?
Sponsored