Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems we can no longer buy our warranties from out of state dealers like Granger. Is there a similar option in state?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait what? When did that happen? I had every intention on buying mine from Granger if I decided to buy one.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait what? When did that happen? I had every intention on buying mine from Granger if I decided to buy one.
Yep, found this out the other day. I was not happy. Following this thread. Hopefully a dealer will step up and offer the same Granger deal.

Sponsored

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I provided an out of state address as well. Also, mention to your dealer the kind of deal Granger is offering and they may get very close to it. Mine did

OP
OP
ar1

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I provided an out of state address as well. Also, mention to your dealer the kind of deal Granger is offering and they may get very close to it. Mine did
Which dealer and how much over granger ?

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jim Burke Ford in Bakersfield

The Premium Maintenance Plan was very comparable

The Premium Care was actually much more now that I double checked it - about 1k over what I paid with Granger

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, found this out the other day. I was not happy. Following this thread. Hopefully a dealer will step up and offer the same Granger deal.
. . . because, before, WITH competition it didn't appear CA dealers stepped up but now with OUT that competition they will suddenly decide to switch to a $50 margin model? That's a leap of faith (or, IMO, blind hope), not a model of logic, but I hope for all of you out there it works out that way.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

. . . because, before, WITH competition it didn't appear CA dealers stepped up but now with OUT that competition they will suddenly decide to switch to a $50 margin model? That's a leap of faith (or, IMO, blind hope), not a model of logic, but I hope for all of you out there it works out that way.
LMAO! No they won’t. The dealership lobby in CA was probably behind this legislation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ar1

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you study the economic principle of “perfect price discrimination” and also research what percentage of plans are bought by forum members then you will be prepared to properly have this debate but until then I promise you that, based on your comment, there is more to it than you realize.

in short, yes a dealer would rather sell at $50 above cost than not at all, but they won’t advertise that pricing to everyone or they will lose the more profitable (ie non forum member) buyers

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When this go into effect? I was just waiting for pass point to load from purchase and etc. If this happen after my purchase but before I took advantage, I swear this is "the story of my life."

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When this go into effect? I was just waiting for pass point to load from purchase and etc. If this happen after my purchase but before I took advantage, I swear this is "the story of my life."
It’s already in effect. I was thinking the same thing about pass points and using them to help with purchasing the extended warranty. I may reach out to some local dealers and see what they will offer and maybe match with Granger. However, there isn’t too much motivation now that national competition is not in play.

OP
OP
ar1

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Retail pricing on 10yr/100k is 3900 vs 2200 from granger. I would imagine it is possible to find a CA dealer who is willing to take a $500 profit (for example) rather than holding out for $1700. Would still be a reasonable price to the end user. Please others share if you are getting traction anywhere like this.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MARCH 1st - I also had no idea this was coming.
I got a quote from the Ford number - not so bad $2,015 6year/60k mi. Includes key replaceemnt, and lights. I figure if I get 2x keys over the next 6 years thats $1,000 value alone more or less

+ they let you make payments where as Grainger doesnt - it can be around $30 per month.
for me, Grainger was around $1,700 for 6yr 65k - so... I guess its around $300 more now...
Sponsored