Sponsored

California Folks...What do You Currently Drive and Where do You go Wheeling?

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wheel all over, rubicon, fordyce, barrett, moab, johnson valley. Current rig

20211009_165350.jpg

20211010_110240.jpg

20210221_170759.jpg
Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wheel all over, rubicon, fordyce, barrett, moab, johnson valley. Current rig

20211009_165350.jpg

20211010_110240.jpg

20210221_170759.jpg

Nice pics! I’m curious how fordyce lake is. I’ve made it up to lake sterling in my f150 and it wasn’t bad, but now with the bronco I’d like to get to fordyce. Doable on a non Sas black diamond?
And how about bowman lake?

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch LUX Softtop 4 Door Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently driving a '21 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison - super capable truck with front and rear lockers, 4hi and 4lo, Boron steel skid plates, winch ready front bumper, reinforced rear bumper, etc.. I bought it 12/26/21, and have put 11k miles on it already. I live in Sacramento, and have been to a number of places with it -
  • Prairie City off-road park - great experience for a new off-roader to play around in a safe environment and have plenty of help around in case you need it.
  • Mormon Emigrant Trail (MET) - in the winter, the road is covered in snow and it is NOT cleared, so it's fun for snow-wheeling. In the summer, there are lots of offshoots and trails
  • Slate Mountain Trail - nice mellow trail that ends up at the top of a range with an old radio tower and great views
  • Old Latrobe Rd - just a nice scenic dirt trail/path that goes through some hilly areas just outside El Dorado Hills - great if you wanna just get out of the house and don't want something that's going to take up your whole day.
  • River Bed in Esparta - outside Woodland area - fun place to go drive through a dried up river bed, some water crossings and stuff too.
  • Indian Valley Reservoir - a little bit of a drive to get there, but lots of trails and great views
  • Henness Pass - great drive along some ridges through the mountains - absolutely beautiful views
  • Foresthill Rd - fun trail to the top of a pretty steep hill (I think I hit 29 degrees incline at one point) - some sharp rocks and stumps up there - make sure you air down so you don't puncture your sidewall like I did :(
  • Bowman Lake - this is off of Henness Pass, but makes a nice drive as well.
  • Moon Rocks, NV - this is absolutely amazing... it's a bit more of a drive to get there, but the views are so cool, and there's tons of trails and rock climbing stuff (for those who want it)

mangelo

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch LUX Softtop 4 Door Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently driving a '21 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison - super capable truck with front and rear lockers, 4hi and 4lo, Boron steel skid plates, winch ready front bumper, reinforced rear bumper, etc.. I bought it 12/26/21, and have put 11k miles on it already. I live in Sacramento, and have been to a number of places with it -
  • Prairie City off-road park - great experience for a new off-roader to play around in a safe environment and have plenty of help around in case you need it.
  • Mormon Emigrant Trail (MET) - in the winter, the road is covered in snow and it is NOT cleared, so it's fun for snow-wheeling. In the summer, there are lots of offshoots and trails
  • Slate Mountain Trail - nice mellow trail that ends up at the top of a range with an old radio tower and great views
  • Old Latrobe Rd - just a nice scenic dirt trail/path that goes through some hilly areas just outside El Dorado Hills - great if you wanna just get out of the house and don't want something that's going to take up your whole day.
  • River Bed in Esparta - outside Woodland area - fun place to go drive through a dried up river bed, some water crossings and stuff too.
  • Indian Valley Reservoir - a little bit of a drive to get there, but lots of trails and great views
  • Henness Pass - great drive along some ridges through the mountains - absolutely beautiful views
  • Foresthill Rd - fun trail to the top of a pretty steep hill (I think I hit 29 degrees incline at one point) - some sharp rocks and stumps up there - make sure you air down so you don't puncture your sidewall like I did :(
  • Bowman Lake - this is off of Henness Pass, but makes a nice drive as well.
  • Moon Rocks, NV - this is absolutely amazing... it's a bit more of a drive to get there, but the views are so cool, and there's tons of trails and rock climbing stuff (for those who want it)

AMzing post thank you!
Sponsored