First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes she can buy it for you. Her address, your information and vin. Or you can just buy it with her address. And you Dan buy it any time before the original warranty expires. Doesn't have to be at time of purchasing the vehicle.
I don't think this is correct. Here is what Ziegler's website says, emphasis mine

We currently are not offering Ford Extended Service Contracts for vehicles registered in California. If you would like to purchase an Extended Service Contract, please call Ford directly at 1.877.794.6434.
I suggest everyone write and call their local assembly person, senator and Newsom. It may not help but it does not take a lot of time and can't hurt

https://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/
https://www.gov.ca.gov/contact/
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think this is correct. Here is what Ziegler's website says, emphasis mine

I suggest everyone write and call their local assembly person, senator and Newsom. It may not help but it does not take a lot of time and can't hurt

https://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/
https://www.gov.ca.gov/contact/
Well it's correct in the fact that I've done it...

Trying to help people that are in the same situation as me. But all I can do is keep saying the same thing, it's do-able.

Even if y'all get the laws changed in your state, your factory warranty on your Bronco would likely be long gone by then.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tried a quick Google search to try to find out about this California law that's preventing us from being able to shop from other Ford dealers.

Wasn't able to find anything specifically. The only thing I've found was something about California has restrictions on which companies can sell in the state (They must be California approved).

I can't imagine Ford is not on that list. Anyone know the specific law that is preventing us California folks from buying our stuff from Grainger or the like?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
California has the alternative of “mechanical breakdown insurance”. Geico and others offer it. Seems cheaper, but I’m not sure if you can get it if the car isn’t insured with the company, and no idea about terms.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

California has the alternative of “mechanical breakdown insurance”. Geico and others offer it. Seems cheaper, but I’m not sure if you can get it if the car isn’t insured with the company, and no idea about terms.
Yeah I had looked into that. There's one a couple companies that offer it and their rates were higher than what I'm already paying. Plus they have some clause in there with some rules... I don't remember all specifics but like for example Geico has a thing about a 10-year agreement.

Sponsored

plugugly

Badlands
First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Bronco, 1961 Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes she can buy it for you. Her address, your information and vin. Or you can just buy it with her address. And you Dan buy it any time before the original warranty expires. Doesn't have to be at time of purchasing the vehicle.
is it cheaper to buy with less miles and years?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
is it cheaper to buy with less miles and years?
No since it starts from zero miles and date of purchase that part doesn't really matter. Only real difference is that they go up regularly so the same warranty would in theory be cheaper now than in a couple years.

Another thing to consider is that you can cancel at any time and receive back a prorated amount. So it's really semi-risk free if you think you may trade in in a few years. I'm selling my RS and will receive back almost $1,000 of an $1,800 warranty that I purchased in 2020.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There has to be a Good dealer in California that would like a lot of Biz. We need help finding someone good.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There has to be a Good dealer in California that would like a lot of Biz. We need help finding someone good.
Where are all of the dealers on this forum! LOL We should invite them to this thread. I knowHuntington Beach Ford and Kearney Mesa are both on here.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where are all of the dealers on this forum! LOL We should invite them to this thread. I knowHuntington Beach Ford and Kearney Mesa are both on here.
And they don't need to sell at cost + $50. At this point many of us unfortunate Californians would be happy to pay cost + $200. If you sell 100 policies at $200 profit margin that is the same as selling 10 at $2000 (which is what they are currently trying to do) and it will generate heck of a lot of free PR and good will for your dealership. I just don't get it whey they insist on gouging their customers.

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And they don't need to sell at cost + $50. At this point many of us unfortunate Californians would be happy to pay cost + $200. If you sell 100 policies at $200 profit margin that is the same as selling 10 at $2000 (which is what they are currently trying to do) and it will generate heck of a lot of free PR and good will for your dealership. I just don't get it whey they insist on gouging their customers.
Good logic! @Huntington Beach Ford @EricAtKearnyMesaFord any takers? Could make a killing selling Ford Protect on this forum.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is way too rational thinking!

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good logic! @Huntington Beach Ford @EricAtKearnyMesaFord any takers? Could make a killing selling Ford Protect on this forum.
That is way too rational thinking!
It sounds easy, the problem is they all collude together to keep the prices the way they are. They make thousands on the markup on every warranty they sell. Not sure on california, but in Florida there's literally legislation that keeps them from selling "too cheap". So they don't undercut the other dealers. That along with the laws about buying warranties over the internet keeps us paying high.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It sounds easy, the problem is they all collude together to keep the prices the way they are. They make thousands on the markup on every warranty they sell. Not sure on california, but in Florida there's literally legislation that keeps them from selling "too cheap". So they don't undercut the other dealers. That along with the laws about buying warranties over the internet keeps us paying high.
That’s similar the problem with California and also seen in insurance rates here. They create laws to require things but never set a governing body to ensure pricing doesn’t get inflated. Everyone has to have car insurance but no one checks on the cost of car insurance. I can see the price of warranties going even higher in California now that we dont have many options. It could even be $500 over and five Las would bite. It’s the 2k over that makes folks pause.

On my daughters 2023 Civic we bought the 6k/100k warranty for $1300 because the dealer wants everyone to leave with one. A different dealer wanted 3k. So it doesn’t seem like we have laws around going too low.
Sponsored