BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been given different answers to the same questions each time when calling Ford customer service general questions (1-800-392-3673) and Ford headquarters(1-800-732-1138). Appears the Ford representatives are still confused or uninformed about things. My dealership doesn’t have answers yet either. They are at the mercy of Ford’s information, which is unclear.

General questions customer service initially told me the Sasquatch package was available with the manual transmission which influenced the model I made a reservation for. I called back twice after the Mike Levine tweet stating it’s only available with auto. I was still being told it was available with manual, but after mentioning Mr. Levine’s tweet and online articles about this, and a several minute hold while the Ford rep. did some googling, the rep. said, yep, only available with auto.. When I mentioned Mr. Levine’s “listening to feedback” statement, I was told that if Sasquatch were to be offered with manual transmission, that it would not be on the 2021 models, but future year models. Ford headquarters says they just don’t know yet. I still don’t think there is any mention about Sasquatch not being available with manual on the official website. Feels a bit like false advertising. Bait and switch? Bad business? It’s disappointing. Still excited about the new Bronco though.

There is also continued confusion about changing the reserved model and dealership. Both my dealership and Ford general questions said I would have to cancel my reservation, make a new reservation and pay another $100 fee to change the model. Ford headquarters told me I could change the model with my dealership at the time of order placement. However, in order to change dealership I’d have to cancel the reservation, and make a new one (and pay$100 again) with the other dealership.

It’s disconcerting they are so disorganized. Hoping to get official clarification from Ford sooner rather than later. I’m still excited about the new Bronco and probably will get one. But, WTH?
Sponsored

Dasefex

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Mirage
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,

when I spoke with my dealership they said you can change the model at time of ordering. I’d imagine this be the case, because we don’t have all the information yet. At this point I would say it’s best just to wait, and see.

OP
OP
BroncOcotillo

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. Yes. Will wait and see.

It’s surprising they didn’t have these things figured out and clearly stated prior to taking reservations.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's been confirmed from Ford that you can change trim levels without canceling your order. It's also been confirmed that you can change dealers before you put your final order in.
Hope that helps.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was given misinformation.
You called in to a customer service rep on a just launched vehicle that isn’t being produced or order-able or configurable for months, and asked very specific questions...and you’re shocked and appalled by one being wrong? Ok.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I beleive Ford put the cart before the horse. Alot of confusion rest in being able to reserve a Bronco without having a builder tool. Reveal First, followed by website buider tool, follwed by being able to reverve a Bronco. This would eliminate alot of unanswered questions. and frustraion.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I beleive Ford put the cart before the horse. Alot of confusion rest in being able to reserve a Bronco without having a builder tool. Reveal First, followed by website buider tool, follwed by being able to reverve a Bronco. This would eliminate alot of unanswered questions. and frustraion.
My very firm suspicion is that Ford is ecstatic with the response and the way this went...how couldn’t they be? A few complainers about specific config ambiguity items probably doesn’t detract from that one bit...and probably is a positive as momentum builds again for the configurator launch.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You called in to a customer service rep on a just launched vehicle that isn’t being produced or order-able or configurable for months, and asked very specific questions...and you’re shocked and appalled by one being wrong? Ok.
I believe we're all aliitle disappointed in getting different answers to the same question. Not triying to throw CS under the bus as I'm sure it's not employees fault. But I think Ford needs to keep there employees and dealers up to date and current on Bronco info. I called my dealer the other day and saidly I know alot more than the manager just by reading the threads on this form.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My very firm suspicion is that Ford is ecstatic with the response and the way this went...how couldn’t they be? A few complainers about specific config ambiguity items probably doesn’t detract from that one bit...and probably is a positive as momentum builds again for the configurator launch.
Totally agree. But if I was ford I would want a more accurate reading on true reservations. Alot of folks myself included reserved two Broncos with the intent of only buying one. I still don't know two weeks after reservation weather I want a FE or Wildtak and until I can price exact options I can't make that decision. I'm just saying alot of confusion and double ordering could of been avoided by Builder tool first and then opening up reservations. Ford is saying they're orders are filled until 2022, but is it really.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to remember customer service reps probably have little to no information on the Bronco. Plus the pandemic has probably hurt the communication/training about the Bronco in terms of hands on with everyone involved. If you call Ford HQ or customer rep and they tell you something and then it never comes to fruition and is never offered then you are going to say but so and so said it was going to be offered. We put down a $100 refundable deposit to save our place on a list. If it was $5k and non-refundable that probably would have been a huge put-off to tons of people. I am sure the pandemic played a huge role in everything being delayed and not as polished as everyone would have like. I am sure tons of people would have loved to see the Bronco revealed at The North American International Auto Show in Detroit with a HUGE display outdoors. Ford had to roll with the punches and do the best they could due to the circumstances they were handed. I think they did a pretty good job.