Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe we're all aliitle disappointed in getting different answers to the same question. Not triying to throw CS under the bus as I'm sure it's not employees fault. But I think Ford needs to keep there employees and dealers up to date and current on Bronco info. I called my dealer the other day and saidly I know alot more than the manager just by reading the threads on this form.
This is so true. I have been disappointed in what the dealers know, also. They seem surprised when I ask them informed questions. I live in the South. We have a lot of 4x4 vehicles here. I can't be the only one in this area who is researching Broncos.
Sponsored

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe we're all aliitle disappointed in getting different answers to the same question. Not triying to throw CS under the bus as I'm sure it's not employees fault. But I think Ford needs to keep there employees and dealers up to date and current on Bronco info. I called my dealer the other day and saidly I know alot more than the manager just by reading the threads on this form.
You are not kidding either. One of the Ford dealerships here in South Carolina responded as if knowing nothing about the release of the new Bronco.

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford had to roll with the punches and do the best they could due to the circumstances they were handed. I think they did a pretty good job.
Agreed. With these circumstances and the situation Ford is in with the pandemic they did pretty well.

OP
OP
BroncOcotillo

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You called in to a customer service rep on a just launched vehicle that isn’t being produced or order-able or configurable for months, and asked very specific questions...and you’re shocked and appalled by one being wrong? Ok.
Not shocked and appalled, but a bit disappointed. A lot of people made reservations planning to add the factory Sasquatch package to a manual transmission and may not have bothered at all if they knew this will not be offered. Best to have the lift and suspension done factory and under warranty IMO. It’s just $100 and refundable, but it’s money spent. Basic questions such as being able to change trim or dealership without cancelling your reservation has not been officially confirmed. Your order might be significantly delayed if you choose to change. Not a big deal to Ford or some people. Glad Ford at least got the ball rolling.

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Basic questions such as being able to change trim or dealership without cancelling your reservation has not been officially confirmed. Your order might be significantly delayed if you choose to change. Not a big deal to Ford or some people. Glad Ford at least got the ball rolling.
This has been confirmed from Ford. We will one hundred percent be able to change trim series and dealership at order if we want. Their support team might not know all of the details but Ford emailed all First Editions with this information.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is so true. I have been disappointed in what the dealers know, also. They seem surprised when I ask them informed questions. I live in the South. We have a lot of 4x4 vehicles here. I can't be the only one in this area who is researching Broncos.
Most dealers know next to nothing about their product which includes all the models that have been in production for years. There are exceptions like Granger Ford but they are few and far between. Not really that big of a deal now days with internet availability.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Information on the dealership level is limited because of the fluidity as you have seen here on the Forum...

At our store there is the owner and myself (when I get to feeling better) that stay on top of this with Ford on a daily basis as needed..

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has been living in a bubble for 100 years...only interfacing with a dealer network that basically stands & salutes. What we're witnessing is Ford's attempt to deal with with 300+ million consumers.

Its obviously not going well.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the choices on the lot will be good when everyone drops out because they couldn't wait.

Deleted member 3063

You have to remember customer service reps probably have little to no information on the Bronco. Plus the pandemic has probably hurt the communication/training about the Bronco in terms of hands on with everyone involved. If you call Ford HQ or customer rep and they tell you something and then it never comes to fruition and is never offered then you are going to say but so and so said it was going to be offered. We put down a $100 refundable deposit to save our place on a list. If it was $5k and non-refundable that probably would have been a huge put-off to tons of people. I am sure the pandemic played a huge role in everything being delayed and not as polished as everyone would have like. I am sure tons of people would have loved to see the Bronco revealed at The North American International Auto Show in Detroit with a HUGE display outdoors. Ford had to roll with the punches and do the best they could due to the circumstances they were handed. I think they did a pretty good job.
Ford has pretty much squelched the pineapple pizza conversation, for now. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncOcotillo

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
saw this.....

What it now says:

Can customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
To change dealers after their reservation has already been made, customers will have to cancel their existing reservation and create another with the correct dealer.

What is used to say:

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.

But, keep in mind the reservation FAQ still states:

You will be required to select a dealer at the time of Reservation. Your information including name, address, e-mail address and vehicle configuration will be shared with the dealer you select. Your credit card information will not be shared. You will be asked to reconfirm this dealer at time of order or select a different dealer."
  • [Bronco6G comment: according to this, you can still switch your dealer at the time of placing your order].

OP
OP
BroncOcotillo

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
and this....

If everything went as planned with your reservation, there is no action required.
In the event you were not able to place your reservation with your preferred Dealer, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at (800) 334-4375 and they will be happy to make the change in Dealer selection for you. Your reservation will not be impacted in any other way, including your Reservation ID and the time you placed your reservation.
Dealer change requests must occur before October 31, 2020. After that date dealer change requests will not be accepted.
As a reminder, you will be able to update any aspect of your selected Ford Bronco with the exception of changing to a First Edition (reservations are full) when you convert your reservation to an order with your Dealer beginning December 2020.
Thank you again for choosing the Ford Bronco for your adventure!
You can log into your Ford Account for the latest info on your vehicle.
Sponsored