Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco is currently on its way. I applied for Ford credit through my dealer today to see what kind of rates they would offer me so that I could decide if I want to go with them or somebody else. After my credit was ran, I asked my salesman when I can expect to hear back about what rates/terms they are offering me. His reply was “when the vehicle gets here” Is that right? That seems ridiculous to me. The whole point in applying for the Ford credit is so that I’ll know BEFORE the vehicle gets here if I want to use it or not. Thoughts on this? Any other lender gives an almost immediate offer.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really does depend on when the vehicle gets there. I was given a good rate from my credit union but it was only valid for 90 days, which worked out because I applied shortly after I got a build date

OP
OP
Jhastin4567

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It really does depend on when the vehicle gets there. I was given a good rate from my credit union but it was only valid for 90 days, which worked out because I applied shortly after I got a build date
Right. I understand the rates can change between now and then but it’s just strange that they wanted to do my credit check now and then not give me any info. Other info would still be useful such as what is my current rate? How long is that good for? And how much am I approved for so that I know how much I need to put down?

BTW which credit union did you go with that was good for 90 days? Ones I have asked about were only offering 30. Thanks!

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apply to your bank/credit union, and a couple other places. Once you have one hard pull on your credit, you won't get dinged for additional ones within the short period that you shop around rates.

Don't sit down on delivery day with the F&I person without having a competitive offer in hand.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jhastin4567

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Apply to your bank/credit union, and a couple other places. Once you have one hard pull on your credit, you won't get dinged for additional ones within the short period that you shop around rates.

Don't sit down on delivery day with the F&I person without having a competitive offer in hand.
Yeah, that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m just worried my offers will expire before the vehicle gets here. That’s why I didn’t understand why the dealership wanted to run my credit now and then not give me any information. I guess I need to look into how long various lenders offers are good for.

OP
OP
Jhastin4567

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They cant quote a rate without the total net purchase price, indicating your dealer is going to try and spring some ADM on you!
We already have the exact price figured out in writing with all fees etc.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right. I understand the rates can change between now and then but it’s just strange that they wanted to do my credit check now and then not give me any info. Other info would still be useful such as what is my current rate? How long is that good for? And how much am I approved for so that I know how much I need to put down?

BTW which credit union did you go with that was good for 90 days? Ones I have asked about were only offering 30. Thanks!
Ford Bronco Ford Credit question Screenshot_20220729-201210_Chrome