First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well then, in your "dealings" the dealer just happened to order a vehicle spec'd like you wanted and called your first when it arrived. The dealer was under no legal obligation to sell it to you and could have sold it to the highest bidder or any else they choose. In other words, you did not order a vehicle, the dealer just did a stock order that they might have been able to make a sale to you on.

It depends on what happens. The $1K is earnest money, it creats a contract between you and the dealer. If you default, then they can keep the money. If they default then it would be possible for them to give you the money back in hopes you would not sue them. When you gave them the consideration of $1K they are obligated to sell you a vehicle spec'd out like the agreement says, and hopefully the written agreement also states a price.

In a nut shell, to actually order a vehicle you have to give them consideration, the standard amount for Ford is $1k, but in reality any amount would do the same.
Nope. On another note, flat earth is not a thing.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thought is ALL dealerships will have a deadline (end of January) to turn in all orders
Interesting. What might Ford do about orders that come in slightly after, or right at end of Jan?

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer just sent a mass email to all res holders and said they talked to Ford and Ford is ‘requiring’ a minimum $500 deposit. Also said it is refundable if you ‘cannot follow through for some reason’.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer just sent a mass email to all res holders and said they talked to Ford and Ford is ‘requiring’ a minimum $500 deposit. Also said it is refundable if you ‘cannot follow through for some reason’.
Guess Ford wants to weed out the people that are not all in for getting the bronco. At least it's refundable

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh gawd, a "mid-Oct" definition discussion? I know it's all pro/con with how rapid communication works ... but it is still challenging to see these discussions and not think this isn't the person having speculations how to define calendar nuances and acceptable corporate lingo:

Ford Bronco Ford email update -- reservations, ordering, mid-October Build & Price no

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess Ford wants to weed out the people that are not all in for getting the bronco. At least it's refundable
Agree. Would help for sure!

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh gawd, a "mid-Oct" definition discussion? I know it's all pro/con with how rapid communication works ... but it is still challenging to see these discussions and not think this isn't the person having speculations how to define calendar nuances and acceptable corporate lingo:

Ford Bronco Ford email update -- reservations, ordering, mid-October Build & Price no
No, this is the 'non-refundable mandatory deposit' freakout thread.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they WILL be expecting an additional deposit at order time.
Kinda goes along with buying a vehicle, they do expect a financial commitment.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah like a ton of people, I’m not feeling putting down another deposit for a car I haven’t seen yet. I’m glad to hear from Ford directly finally though

Reactions: N3T

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have registered with Ford and I have yet to receive any email from them regarding this update.

I was a July 15th reservation date. I have my reservation through Granger. I am willing to put down a substantial deposit (5-10k) if they need proof that I have funds and intent.

Feels like I am being jerked around by Ford. I hate when you have to beg a company to take your money just so you have the privilege of being a client.

Sponsored

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting. Put down another deposit on a vehicle you haven't even seen for a timeline that could be 15 to 18 months away for an unknown interest rate. Hence why I'm only willing to pay invoice.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have two reservations, with two different dealers, created with two unique Ford.com accounts. I received the email for only one of those reservations... it happens to be the reservation placed two days after the first.

I logged into both of those ford accounts and confirmed that both reservations still exist.

I don't care any which way, but thought the information might be useful as I see a bunch of speculation about getting only one, blah blah blah.

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reached out to my dealership this afternoon. They responded that there aren't any changes at this time with respect to reservations/ordering/deposits. One unexpected addition to that communication is that they stated they're anticipating receiving "a demo Bronco sometime in November for customers to look at," so THAT is pretty interesting.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reached out to my dealership this afternoon. They responded that there aren't any changes at this time with respect to reservations/ordering/deposits. One unexpected addition to that communication is that they stated they're anticipating receiving "a demo Bronco sometime in November for customers to look at," so THAT is pretty interesting.
Nice! My reservation is with a pretty large dealer, so hopefully we'll get one too. Thanks.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got no problem with dealerships requiring a good-faith deposit (beyond the $100).

Imagine you're a dealer and some reservation holder orders a really off-the-wall build ... just insane. If they back out later, you're stuff with some freak show Bronco on the lot.

P.S. yeah, with all the hype, even a weird build probably wouldn't last long in inventory, but still ...
Sponsored