Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did they push you to the switch too?

As much as I’ve been 100% all in on the 2.3/7spd, I finally argued myself into a corner and decided to go 2.7/10 spd on my 2 dr BD. I love “rowing the boat”, it gives you a fee of being in control, holding a gear just a bit longer so you don’t have a lag, dropping that gear hammering up a steep climb, I love all of it, no issues dding a manual.

What got me was the stipulations and restrictions.
- no mid/manual without going BL
- 400 torque limit
- none of the perks (trail turn, trail control)
- no public track record yet for the 7 spd
I’m not looking to go nuts in the power department, but 310hp/400tq out of the box, with 375-400hp/450-500 tq easily attainable and well within factory parameters is impressive.
I was looking forward to the 95:1 crawl ratio, but 80:1 is still ahead of a similarly prepped JLR. I’ve never needed trail turn assist, particularly on a 2 door, but it’s one more trick to add to the arsenal. And let’s be honest, I’m getting old and brittle, heated seats and remote start are a necessity in Michigan at this point (still don’t have my heated wheel ?)

All of that pointed towards the 2.7/10 spd.
Anyone else end up getting duped or was it just me?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm heading that way... still an internal struggle going on.

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I capitulated after B&P opened and a friend told me to quit being selfish. If I want to row the gears, get in the 1970 ("Bank Robber') and go. The 2.7/auto allows the CFO to drive 'Mid-Life Crisis'. That way, we drive both to Super Celebration West in September 2021. Much fun will be had by 'Bank Robber' and 'Mid-Life Crisis'. No shame in admitting the knees and hips are not what they used to be 30 years ago. :cool:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im still battling. Part of me thinks that the way things are going, I might as well wait for the 22 Manual Sasquatch. And then the old, soft part of me thinks I should just get an OBX Sasquatch with that blue leather I like and spring for the V6. I go back and forth. Manual tranny with front and rear lockers on 35s is just so badass and what really initially sparked my interest in the Bronco. But the looks of the Bronco were also a big factor. uggh

Reactions: nic

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the order it happened for me, disregard the late availability on SAS and manual... We didn't know that then:
I started 2 door BD 2.3/7sp with SAS - Kids really pushed me to get a 4 door so they could ride around doorless in the back
Then decided 4 door BD SAS 2.3/7sp - Feared the powertrain would not be enough when towing my enclosed trailer and the dirt bikes, and an ankle injury later so...
Then went to BD SAS 2.7/Auto, price was so high I decided I may as well go...
4 door WT, then I saw the camo interior and didn't want the leather.
Ended on 4 door 2.7/Auto BL and am still stuck on the SAS or not. I'm leaning toward no SAS.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still in on manual. Never once considered auto.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep going back and forth too. I typically love M/T although I have that in my 97 Wrangler, which I intend to keep and have with the Bronco. I have a feeling it will be so underwhelming with the underpowered 6 compared to the Bronco though- with either the 4 or the 6. But so far I'm swaying base SAS with 2.7 auto.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have no interest in any vehicle with an automatic transmission. If Bronco did not offer one, it would not be on my shopping list. Row your own or go home!
Sponsored