Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sort of
But not really
Jeep has a cold weather package.
Heated seats, steering wheel, and remote start. So thought ford would do similar. But I was wrong. Oh well!
Jeep gets you on the engine. If not the 2.0 turbo its 5k for the diesel with other changes to the build .. or accept the unknown reliabilty of the belt driven e-torque ... body colored top and fenders not available on all trims .. reliable standard V6 pentastar now only on the Gladiator .. they all have something to get us to spend more money ... ??‍♂
Sponsored

Last edited:

h2osentinel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Subaru Forester, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same happy wife, happy life moment. Went from Badlands with SAS and high package to Badlands without SAS and Lux package. Trying to keep my price under $55K and get something we both will enjoy has been interesting.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh! I don't understand you guys that are a slave to a "wife". Do what you want! Your life is short. She isn't in control of what you want. Wake up.
That's because you're not married to the love of your life, or just not married :)

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been saying the similar thing lately. Only from a different perspective. I don't want any tech or anything else fancy. I want bare metal floor, metal non removable roof, crank windows, am/FM radio, mechanical gauges. Basically, I want a 1969 Bronco with modern dependability. Small lift would be nice.
Why you ask....I'm currently driving an '07 XL 2 door Ranger and absolutely love it. That, and a base Bronco with Sasquatch here in Canada is $52 000, and full of stuff I don't need or want.
I realize some safety tech has to be there, but I don't want the rest of it.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who really needs all this extra shit?

So many 1st world problems...:unsure:
Once you have these things, its difficult to go back

My vehicle is ten years old, was 30k msrp back then, and was fully loaded with moon roof, heated and cooled seats, heated wheel, etc.
I'll be damned if I spend double that for a 2021 vehicle without most of those features. Yeah I'm spoiled but that's ok because I work for these creature comforts

Sponsored

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in PA and our winters can get cold. I love my heated steering wheel and heated seats. I would not go without it.

I work outside. Driving to my next customer with a warm seat and steering wheel is like a mini vacation. So it’s a lux for me.

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was on the same boat as most of y'all but I decided to pull the trigger on a fully loaded Hyundai Palisade for my wife and that turned my 4 door Wildtrack Lux into a 2 door Base Manual Sasquatch. Now, we'll both be happy and it will only cost me an extra $12k to have 2 cars.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was on the same boat as most of y'all but I decided to pull the trigger on a fully loaded Hyundai Palisade for my wife and that turned my 4 door Wildtrack Lux into a 2 door Base Manual Sasquatch. Now, we'll both be happy and it will only cost me an extra $12k to have 2 cars.
Why the Palisade over the Telluride?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh! I don't understand you guys that are a slave to a "wife". Do what you want! Your life is short. She isn't in control of what you want. Wake up.
I love these guys that act like they wouldn't bat an eye if their wife bought a $60,000 purse. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am personally fine with it - would have wanted these extra add-ons anyway and, like most vehicles, you can't get everything with the lower trim levels . . . can't get leather with an XLT (but - I do agree they could have offered a specific 'Cold Weather' package . . . and probably will in the future . . . ?). And this first roll out probably limits the number of stand alone items they might want to include to streamline the build process to a degree. At the end of the day there are still a bunch of build options and it is too bad there is not one to make everyone happy - but is there ever? I really wish there was an additional interior option for the WT - that beige dash is almost enough to push me in a different direction! - but I will find a combination that I will love and if I find it to be unbearable I'll pay it off in 36 months (or less) and trade for something different when the options will probably be much less limited. IMHO.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Charter member of the He Man Women Haters Club? Seek therapy.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in PA and our winters can get cold. I love my heated steering wheel and heated seats. I would not go without it.

I work outside. Driving to my next customer with a warm seat and steering wheel is like a mini vacation. So it’s a lux for me.
I hate cold weather, so I would get that extra if I lived in a cold climate!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love the heated steering wheel in my wife’s Explorer. Hers is an XLT, my F150 XLT it was not available. So far I have survived, but I would pay for it as a stand-alone. No matter how you slice it, each manufacturer packages options in ways someone doesn’t like. I am all in on BD and can also live without the hot wheel. The winch /camera issue killed any thought of high or lux for me anyway. I will end up with a winch. My wife does not like being stuck (and neither do I). ??
i have never laid eyes on a bronco inreal life but i am certian 1000% the camera issue is going to be an easy fix , at leat it will be for me so dont get all excited about the little things?

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dream build from what I’ve been given is a BD Sasquatch V6.
But wife wants the 12 inch screen and some tech. I would love to have heated seats, heated steering wheel , and remote start as one package.
To get a “cold weather package” you have to get lux. Which means you have to go badlands.
And spend thousands on other stuff I don’t want.
It’s unfortunate, but business as usual by ford. I guess. I’m buying a bronco no matter what. But I wish I wouldn’t get killed for what I want
My friend, you are not the only one. I too will be basically getting a lux Badlands SAS'd, etc for basically the same reasons. Hopefully, it will be a quality truck and in a couple of years it will be paid off and we'll just enjoy it.
Sponsored