First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know the breakdown of what's leather on the seats? Because it's "leather-trimmed," my understanding is that the seats are mostly vinyl
If it is like most other manufacturers it will be leather seating surfaces.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Curious-- what will your guys' rules be in terms of food + drinks in the car?

I'm going to lay my first down with the friends and fam and enforce a water only rule... gonna (hopefully) keep this thing in tip top shape
It's an outdoor vehicle, not a Lamborghini. I eat in my cars. None of them have ever had a scent or stains in them from food or bodily fluids.

Get a proper lava rock based dissident bag.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll have a difficult time paying for Ford leather again. We have '17 and '18 Raptors and if you told someone that the seats were made of cheap vinyl, they would most likely believe it. It's by far, the lowest quality and cheapest looking leather interior we have ever owned. And thats on a $70k truck. No way would I check the box for "Ford" leather on a Bronco at the price they are asking.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You just gave me a heart attack.

I thought that was maybe an updated final interior...

...Navy Pier with Blue interior accents, and bright Red and Lime Green stitching.
Please don't give them any more ideas.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious-- what will your guys' rules be in terms of food + drinks in the car?

I'm going to lay my first down with the friends and fam and enforce a water only rule... gonna (hopefully) keep this thing in tip top shape
My kids don't listen anyways, so I'm sure it'll be a free for all in the backseat anyways.

I'm not to anal about food and drinks in the car. They're 4 and 7 so I try to limit their drinks to things with lids. They're not having full meals back there but if they're hungry while we're out driving I'll let them have nuggets/fries etc in the car

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's an outdoor vehicle, not a Lamborghini. I eat in my cars. None of them have ever had a scent or stains in them from food or bodily fluids.
If I had a Lamborghini I would eat in it too. It's a bloody car, not a clean room.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll have a difficult time paying for Ford leather again. We have '17 and '18 Raptors and if you told someone that the seats were made of cheap vinyl, they would most likely believe it. It's by far, the lowest quality and cheapest looking leather interior we have ever owned. And thats on a $70k truck. No way would I check the box for "Ford" leather on a Bronco at the price they are asking.
I've been thinking about changing my order from leather to cloth...This post sealed it for me.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot about my 2011 Ford Edge. That leather has been super durable and we have 110k. I cleaned and leather dressed it twice a year until my daughter got it. It is very comfortable as well, loved that leather.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have leather in my Ford Edge and my prior escape and Taurus (company gives us Ford cars) and zero issues. The MGV is nice but I chose leather in my BL because:
- I do want the carpet as it will likely be quieter than wash out (and the drain plugs ARE under the carpet if I need them),
- I feel the carpet floors provide a nicer look as this is not just an off road only rig,
- I do want the power seats,
- I want black colored seats and although the MGV is called ‘black onyx‘, it is really grey in color whereas the leather is black,
- I have seen and touched both the leather and MGV in a Bronco at Super Cel East and the leather is thicker than the MGV and we have a large dog and I feel it will hold up better over time (have Ford leather now in my Edge and zero issues),
-Oh and I also want the cup holders in the back.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

the leather in my Raptor is going strong after 10 years of neglect.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have leather in my Ford Edge and my prior escape and Taurus (company gives us Ford cars) and zero issues. The MGV is nice but I chose leather in my BL because:
- I do want the carpet as it will likely be quieter than wash out (and the drain plugs ARE under the carpet if I need them),
- I feel the carpet floors provide a nicer look as this is not just an off road only rig,
- I do want the power seats,
- I want black colored seats and although the MGV is called ‘black onyx‘, it is really grey in color whereas the leather is black,
- I have seen and touched both the leather and MGV in a Bronco at Super Cel East and the leather is thicker than the MGV and we have a large dog and I feel it will hold up better over time (have Ford leather now in my Edge and zero issues),
-Oh and I also want the cup holders in the back.
I went with MGV on my original order but changed to leather. I mentioned that the MGV seats are not powered to my wife and she wasn't having any of that. I really didn't want to pay the extra $$$$ to gain minimal material upgrade but between the power seats and (funny enough) the cup holders for our two kids in the back seat, the upgrade to leather makes sense for us.

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience. Makes me feel better about this choice. What we are spending already and at my well seasoned age, the power will be nice to have when my wife and I switch driving.

Last edited:

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have leather in my Focus EV, no problems at 4 years. Although with it being white I do keep it clean.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Guys - Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to get your guys' input on Ford's leather quality. I've read a lot of threads on the interior options, but I am stuck on what material I should get on my build. Currently I have a 2-Door Badlands ordered with leather trimmed seats, and I'm just curious if anyone here has owned a Ford with leather before and felt the MGV in person? The main items I'm worried about for both interiors is how they'll hold up over time with wearing, stretching out, etc. I've noticed a lot of stretched out seat surfaces in pictures of the pre-production models (mainly leather it seems), but that could just be because they aren't production quality yet.

Originally I had ordered leather because, on top of always wanting a car with leather, I was under the impression that the heated seats only came with the leather, but I've since found out that heated seats are available with MGV as well. Another reason is that I read that the carpet in the leather interior option could provide extra sound-deadening, but I have yet to find out if that's true or not.

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
My 2020 Ford Ranger has heated cloth seats...I always thought they only offered heated seats with leather upholstery.
Sponsored