Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So mine doesn’t work well due to super poor reception in my forest neighborhood. If I reset it in town it does just fine.

currently it’s foblife for me on my 23 and Tesla app for my wife’s car and I’m completely content. Sure it’s annoying to not have ford pass active all the time but it’s a simple first world problem. Resetting at home getting stronger Wi-Fi etc didn’t fix my problem only getting to a 5g area down the road in the city.
Sponsored

Allagash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL, SAS, LUX / 2017 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had this same issue in January and it's now resolved. Works great now.

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does pressing the start button while the negative terminal is disconnected help?
Someone mentioned doing it to discharge any leftover battery current. Not sure if it actually does anything but it can't hurt. The same practice is recommended before opening up a computer, for the same reason.

swaing

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Ford Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

same identical situation happened to me..took delivery of a 2023 Bronco Raptor and last data transmitted was 1/5. i called ford and was told this is affecting all 2023 broncos and F-150 EV's and an over the air update was coming in February that would fix...i did master reset, pulled sync fuse from from fuse box, nothing worked. now cannot activate the vehicle on the app......calling dealer today to confirm and guess we just have to wait.
Exact same issue and exact same Ford response. Can confirm.

Summertime

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just traded in for a 2023 Wildtrak a few weeks ago. Got the app all set up and it was working fine. Noticed in the last week that my mileage, gas left to empty, etc was not updating on the app. Then I went into settings on the bronco and checked WiFi and noticed it no longer sees my network. I had all this connected and set up when I first got it. My badlands I had previously never had this issue.
I did the reset in sync and it didn’t do anything to fix it. It won’t remote start, unlock or anything. Is there a method to fully reset the modem? Some procedures I need to try?
Same here. Started yesterday. Navigation works, but no remote start of App connection.

Sponsored

Allagash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BL, SAS, LUX / 2017 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How did it get resolved?
It fixed itself. I didn't do anything. It just started working. I just tested and it's still working. It seems to me like it's just finicky. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

BradOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my 2023 Bronco Outer Banks on Mar. 16th. Setup Fordpass same day, everything was working fine. But, on Mar. 22nd, the Bronco wasn't connecting to the internet, the icon (arrows) was not appearing, and the Bronco would not communicate with the Fordpass app.
It was odd since everything was working earlier in the day, and I even received confirmation of my Fordpass points for purchasing the new vehicle.

Spoke to Fordpass rep and got this:
"I do see the modem has stopped responding inside the vehicle.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on with 23 Broncos as well as the 23 F-150s losing connection. This is a modem issue our engineers are trying to fix.

We have been advised that there is supposed to be an over the air update released to fix the connectivity issues released next month but we do not know the exact date at this time.

There is a service message reflecting your vehicle for this particular issue."

Then the agent provided this service message number: SSM 51458.
She also said to have automatic updates set to "ON".

So hopefully we get a fix in April!
If any of you receive the update or have any more info, please update this thread.

Another question is, I wonder if we will be compensated for this somehow, as there are freebies like Alexa, Streaming, etc.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1150 GS Adventure; Volvo V90 XC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi folks,
Same here. Took delivery of my 2023 Outer Banks on 3/18/23 and remote start via FordPass app (iOS) working great. This morning not working at all...

BIGBOSSHOGG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I took delivery of my Wildtrak on March 10th. Ford pass app went down on March 18th. I disconnected the negative terminal today. Seemed to have fixed the problem. However nothing shows up on the service tab. It is still completely blank. Even after I refresh by pulling down. Anyone have a solution to this?

Sponsored

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco worked for a few days, then completely stopped connecting for a full month. As of Friday, my sync updated in my Bronco, and ford pass app is working again.

clmh

Big Bend
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I noticed that there was an app update for FordPass in the Apple app store. Perhaps give that a try along with the negative battery disconnect to reset everything.

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BB 4D, '97 BMW 323ti, '90 Miata, '02 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same issues here with my ‘23, but the ‘21 sitting next to it has no problem.
I also called the hotline and was given the same answer as @BradOBX, that the update was coming, “sometime next month”, and to schedule an appointment to get it done.
That part kinda threw me off, not just because it should just update itself, right? but how am I supposed to make an appointment for a service with an unknown release? 🙄

Anywho, this may apply to others here… my primary complaint was that my super fancy nav trial was about to expire and I hadn’t even had chance to try it. She put me on hold a couple of times and finally came back and said the warranty folks know of the issue, and once fixed if you call back and ask they’ll extend your trial another three months. So I guess there’s that?

Last edited:
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1150 GS Adventure; Volvo V90 XC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I disconnected the negative battery terminal this morning - waited 10 minutes - hooked it back up. Modem now working again. We'll see how long it lasts :cool:

BradOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my 2023 Bronco Outer Banks on Mar. 16th. Setup Fordpass same day, everything was working fine. But, on Mar. 22nd, the Bronco wasn't connecting to the internet, the icon (arrows) was not appearing, and the Bronco would not communicate with the Fordpass app.
It was odd since everything was working earlier in the day, and I even received confirmation of my Fordpass points for purchasing the new vehicle.

Spoke to Fordpass rep and got this:
"I do see the modem has stopped responding inside the vehicle.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on with 23 Broncos as well as the 23 F-150s losing connection. This is a modem issue our engineers are trying to fix.

We have been advised that there is supposed to be an over the air update released to fix the connectivity issues released next month but we do not know the exact date at this time.

There is a service message reflecting your vehicle for this particular issue."

Then the agent provided this service message number: SSM 51458.
She also said to have automatic updates set to "ON".

So hopefully we get a fix in April!
If any of you receive the update or have any more info, please update this thread.

Another question is, I wonder if we will be compensated for this somehow, as there are freebies like Alexa, Streaming, etc.
Here's an update y'all (March 28, 2023) I received the update (4.2.1), Modem is working again!
See screenshot:

Ford Pass Update.jpeg
Sponsored