Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had 2 Big bends, 2 Outer banks, a Badlands, a Wildtrak and this Everglades.
Congrats! Which have you enjoyed the most? I had a BD with SAS and currently have a 23 Everglades, which I am loving! I am liking your mods!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cop0251

Cop0251

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats! Which have you enjoyed the most? I had a BD with SAS and currently have a 23 Everglades, which I am loving! I am liking your mods!

Everglades by far. Uniqueness, I’ve only seen 2 others in person.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will do squat, but won't be very perceptible 😉. Neither will a large percentage of upgrades folks do...

The use cases many Bronco and Braptor owners subject their rigs to is certainly lamentable. Raptors especially 😭

I recall a quote from a FMC F-150 Raptor Product Manager guy boasting that something like 70% of those owners off road. Here in So Cal that's absolutely not true.

Maybe like Ferrari, FMC should prioritize screened clients for the privilege to purchase? Submit your verified extreme wheeling vids or no Bronco for you 😁 ?
What is the percentage in SoCal that takes their Bronco Raptor off road, and what is your source?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What is the percentage in SoCal that takes their Bronco Raptor off road, and what is your source?
In case not clear, my above comment (and number) was from a FMC Product Manager speaking only to F-150 Raptor owners and not just those in SoCal. Again, from my experience, his numbers are total BS. Part of my "evidence" here is multiple friends/acquaintances who have F-150 Raptors and NEVER off road as well as simply sizing up drivers and vehicle conditions out on the roads and parking lots. No, not scientific in the least.

I have no idea what % of SoCal Braptor owners go off roading. If I had to throw out a WAG, I'd say a majority (i.e. >50%), but I don't know any personally nor have I gathered any data.

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Braptor Rear Brace Installed on Everglades 1686364178747

Not my Raptor, but the painted "FORD PERFORMANCE" looks good IMO.

Sponsored

MontanaMountainMan

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just did one myself and didn’t realize there was a different trim, would you happen to have the part number handy for it, thanks.
+1 for this part number, please.

OP, I dig it. It's pretty far down on the list of mods I'll be making (just got my Wildtrak today), but in the absence of getting a golden ticket (applied but wasn't chosen), I'm eager to take what hints from the Braptor I can to maximize this rig over time.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whats the benefit here? I know the additional frame brace helps with towing capacity but what does the roll bar brace do for us?
‘With a body-on-frame vehicle, the frame takes up the vast majority of suspension loads, so the body – isolated from that frame via rubber mounts — really doesn’t have to be the most rigid thing. But it can’t be a limp noodle, because the body and frame are a system, and relative motion between a limp-noodle atop a frame that flexes as it travels over harsh terrain is going to not only cause significant issues with noise, vibration, and harshness for the passengers, but it could also negatively affect steering response

To stiffen the body, Ford added an extruded aluminum cross-brace to the B-pillar, and a carbon composite brace for the C-pillar crossmember. Ford chassis engineer Andy Lane says this cranked up torsional rigidity by 50 percent, and that this, along with re-tuned body mounts (stiffer up front to handle all the weight) yields a more comfortable cabin with better dynamic response.”

So to answer your question, it’ll increase torsional rigidity in the rear of the (standard Bronco) vehicle by some degree, but the actual change Is unclear without the B-pillar cross brace and the specifically tuned body mounts found in the Raptor.

Let’s just say it looks kinda of cool at the cost of restricting rear view and cargo access. It’s kind of a pain in my Raptor.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think normal, high quality, high speed steel bits would be adequate. The steel is probably high strength but certainly not heat treated to a high hardness.
I've drilled and cut the roll bar off so I know...and it's VERY hard material. give it a try for yourself before you tell people it's so normal or easy. you might be surprised.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've drilled and cut the roll bar off so I know...and it's VERY hard material. give it a try for yourself before you tell people it's so normal or easy. you might be surprised.
Ya, I believe it's some kind of cobalt steel alloy if I remember correctly. The only way it's very easy to cut will likely be with a plasma cutter.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
Cop0251

Cop0251

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just added 37” Nitto two weeks ago.

IMG_0318.jpeg

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice, I can appreciate this type of mod. One of the first things I looked at while looking at a braptor in person was the brace.

Love how theres a few people questioning if the OP knows what trim he has. Loved the response with a long list of bronco's he has owned. And another person or two telling the OP what he "should" do with his money.

Bottom line is no matter how "die hard" you think you are in the dirt, we all like looks as well. Many complain about the braptor fender while the rest of us are lucky enough to have modified garbage can lids as fenders
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Braptor Rear Brace Installed on Everglades 186257-400x400-0

My wheel of choice, obviously first thing looked at was size/et, etc. Then it was a mix of $$$, weight, how the valve stem was protected or exposed, and yes, how I thought it would "look".

Even my lug nuts, I went with mishimoto open end burnt color instead of the closed end rusted gorilla lugs on my jeep. All because they weighed less and I thought they would give it that extra touch. I can say the weight savings were minimal especially since it was so close to center, but i appreciated the way it looked.

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model