swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ll be more specific. The brace won’t do squat on the OPs truck. And IMO It won’t do much for most Broncos and Braptors either, since so many will never see more than a dirt road.

I’ll concede that it’s likely a good part for the first guy to post a pic sending his rig in the air off a dune haha , or anyone cross flexing his rig between staggered opposing rocks and ledges … which again is very very very few.
It will do squat, but won't be very perceptible 😉. Neither will a large percentage of upgrades folks do...

The use cases many Bronco and Braptor owners subject their rigs to is certainly lamentable. Raptors especially 😭

I recall a quote from a FMC F-150 Raptor Product Manager guy boasting that something like 70% of those owners off road. Here in So Cal that's absolutely not true.

Maybe like Ferrari, FMC should prioritize screened clients for the privilege to purchase? Submit your verified extreme wheeling vids or no Bronco for you 😁 ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't be fooled into thinking that this piece alone is going to stiffen the chassis in any meaningful way, such as high speed handling or rollovers or squeaky rattling things in your Bronco.
A 50% gain in torsional stiffness in the body doesn't mean a whole lot when you bolt it to a frame with rubber mounts. An infinitely stiff body attached to the Bronco frame wouldn't cut down on torsional chassis flex all that much,
I'm quite certain FMC chassis engineers, in some of the YT launch videos directly (and indeed somewhat non-intuitively) contradict these claims.

I wouldn't want to tap 56HRC boron, it's absolutely possible, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Structural, non heat treated boron steel is really 56HRC 😮? I'm sure FMC uses rivnuts, which is exactly what I advised earlier in this thread, due to material thickness over concerns about tapping.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I look at this and the crossbar as luxury items. They stiffen up the rollcage a bit which helps alot of the squeaking and rattling of the hardtop. Ill take the bit of flex though, obstruction of the openness is a hard no.
The B pillar crossbar brace which is in alignment with the top of the front seats is somewhat in sight for people in the rear seat, but I never sit back there so its all good. :p

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some discussion on the frame vs. body vs. system stiffness, as well as the additional bolt on stiffeners is here in his excellent deep dive. It's one of the most thorough and my favorite since it was released. It really conveys a flavor of the engineering that went into the truck.

A Ridiculously Detailed Look At How Ford Engineered The 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor To Be A Hardcore Purpose-Built Off-Road Monster

Also as I recalled, the brace is not carbon fiber but rather a carbon composite. So probably molded in a much less expensive way and with short fibers (maybe "chop" as it's called) rather than full length fibers in large woven sheets. There is a difference.

Last edited:

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that the tuffy/ford performance rear enclosure?? they clearly don’t use stainless hardware!!
Brace looks good.

OP
OP
Cop0251

Cop0251

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that the tuffy/ford performance rear enclosure?? they clearly don’t use stainless hardware!!
Brace looks good.
The enclosure is the Ford accessory from their website. Yeah I need to pull those and replace them.

Thanks.

Edokaz

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 f350, 1963 galaxie, 2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Just did one myself in my wildtrack.
The bolts aren’t aligning due to the plastic trim on the roll bar. The raptor has a different trim piece as well as the upper mount bracket.

IMG_0978.jpeg

This will square everything up and get you the stiffening by having 3 points secured.
Nice. Just did one myself in my wildtrack.
The bolts aren’t aligning due to the plastic trim on the roll bar. The raptor has a different trim piece as well as the upper mount bracket.

IMG_0978.jpeg

This will square everything up and get you the stiffening by having 3 points secured.
I just did one myself and didn’t realize there was a different trim, would you happen to have the part number handy for it, thanks.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh really ? Lol.
That brace won’t do squat for the OPs rig. He should invest in his steering if he wants to make his truck upgraded. It’s marketing something 99% of us don’t need and will never push the truck hard enough to realize the gain. Bring you truck out here to Moab and you’ll see …. It’s for “looks” like so many of the comments here confirm.
Why does any of this matter so much to you? If it's just for looks, why do you care? What makes you think you need to tell anyone what they SHOULD spend their money on?

There are way too many narcissistic control freaks in this world.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why does any of this matter so much to you? If it's just for looks, why do you care? What makes you think you need to tell anyone what they SHOULD spend their money on?

There are way too many narcissistic control freaks in this world.
I could care less if he or anyone buys the brace because of the way it looks to them. Just like I don’t care that people run MT tires on 20s, but I can still think it’s silly AF .

I was offering my 2 cents to the question asked of will it do anything functional for the OPs truck … to which I said no … because it won’t IMO. To which I also said investing in upgraded steering would be a better investment if the OP wants to upgrade his truck for wheeling …. Which it is ! And I also gave my opinion on Fords marketing of what it does for the truck … but I guess you don’t think I’m entitled to my opinion Mr post police Karen 👮‍♀️

Last edited:

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could care less if he or anyone buys the brace because of the way it looks to them. Just like I don’t care that people run MT tires on 20s, but I can still think it’s silly AF .

I was offering my 2 cents to the question asked of will it do anything functional for the OPs truck … to which I said no … because it won’t IMO. To which I also said investing in upgraded steering would be a better investment if the OP wants to upgrade his truck for wheeling …. Which it is ! And I also gave my opinion on Fords marketing of what it does for the truck … but I guess you don’t think I’m entitled to my opinion Mr post police Karen 👮‍♀️
Lol... Karen, even.

Had you not talked down to OP, then it would be just you offering your opinion. You did, so it was more than just opinion. It was more about showing off how you're a "wheeler," and he should do it your way. You were trying to be the big man in the room, refusing to let others enjoy whatever they are doing, if you don't approve.
Sponsored