Andreas24

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D Black Diamond Non- Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone happen to know if the Ford performance M210 front differential upgrade would be covered under warranty if done by a certified mechanic or Ford dealer?

I have a Non-Sas BD and It’s either this or trading it in for a BL in the future.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most FP stuff has a 3yr/36m warrantee. You could ask them when you order it.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone happen to know if the Ford performance M210 front differential upgrade would be covered under warranty if done by a certified mechanic or Ford dealer?

I have a Non-Sas BD and It’s either this or trading it in for a BL in the future.
Call em up, they are very responsive over the phone, e-mail not so much lol

They warrantied my m210 upgrade for a locker failure, self installed, locker didn't work from the get go. They shipped a new fdu to the dealer I ordered from.

OP
OP

Andreas24

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have any good pointers/videos on the install process? I’m debating on wether I want to tackle it myself or just save the hassle and pay for a dealer to install, but I don’t know if I trust a dealer with this for the time being as it is somewhat no mans land atm with the programming side

OP
OP

Andreas24

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Call em up, they are very responsive over the phone, e-mail not so much lol

They warrantied my m210 upgrade for a locker failure, self installed, locker didn't work from the get go. They shipped a new fdu to the dealer I ordered from.
Please see my reply above. It didn’t quote you for some reason

Sponsored

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have any good pointers/videos on the install process? I’m debating on wether I want to tackle it myself or just save the hassle and pay for a dealer to install, but I don’t know if I trust a dealer with this for the time being as it is somewhat no mans land atm with the programming side
I was gonna take a video the second time, I should have lol

It's fairly straightforward, 4 bolts drops the fdu out and it's just a matter of separating your cv axles at the hub by either the lower control arm bolts or the upper ball joint. The top mount is kind of tough to reach, it's easier to take the 2 bolts out holding the top mount to the diff then it is to take the top mount bolts out of where it connects to the frame.

I did the swap on jackstands with some jacks by myself both times. The diff has to be rotated and wiggled a little to go back in as it's tight but it's doable. The whole swap should take 6-8 hours or less if your mechanical. The programming is straightforward too, the Procal asks you if you have done a fdu swap when you plug it into your computer, you select yes and it downloads the correct module modifications. Then when you flash the tune (as per Procal instructions) it automatically flashes the modules for the Fad delete.

Here's the wiring schematic for the locker from ford, ford performance tech team recommends a switched 5 amp minimum circuit. Pin 2 is the hot pin and pin 1 is ground

4CCC037B-7F01-4BD9-9CA6-9007B3F998D0.png

OP
OP

Andreas24

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was gonna take a video the second time, I should have lol

It's fairly straightforward, 4 bolts drops the fdu out and it's just a matter of separating your cv axles at the hub by either the lower control arm bolts or the upper ball joint. The top mount is kind of tough to reach, it's easier to take the 2 bolts out holding the top mount to the diff then it is to take the top mount bolts out of where it connects to the frame.

I did the swap on jackstands with some jacks by myself both times. The diff has to be rotated and wiggled a little to go back in as it's tight but it's doable. The whole swap should take 6-8 hours or less if your mechanical. The programming is straightforward too, the Procal asks you if you have done a fdu swap when you plug it into your computer, you select yes and it downloads the correct module modifications. Then when you flash the tune (as per Procal instructions) it automatically flashes the modules for the Fad delete.

Here's the wiring schematic for the locker from ford, ford performance tech team recommends a switched 5 amp minimum circuit. Pin 2 is the hot pin and pin 1 is ground

4CCC037B-7F01-4BD9-9CA6-9007B3F998D0.png
Awesome, doesn’t seem so bad. What about the switch to activate the locker? Were you able to drop in a hero switch board with the front locker button or did you have to plug it to an aux switch?

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome, doesn’t seem so bad. What about the switch to activate the locker? Were you able to drop in a hero switch board with the front locker button or did you have to plug it to an aux switch?
No that's the last part there, ford performance recommends a switched 5-10 amp circuit. According to them there isn't a way to do the hero switch swap yet, another member has tried as well. Everyone I know has it on either an aux switch or has put in a switch somewhere in the cab for it

OP
OP

Andreas24

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No that's the last part there, ford performance recommends a switched 5-10 amp circuit. According to them there isn't a way to do the hero switch swap yet, another member has tried as well. Everyone I know has it on either an aux switch or has put in a switch somewhere in the cab for it
Noted! Thanks for the help

OP
OP

Andreas24

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have one more question. Since you upload the tune with the Procal does it have all the features on the gauge cluster that it would from factory like it tells you the front locker is on and doesn’t let you activate it without the rear locker on and gives your warnings? Or is just like an aftermarket one that you just have to know It’s on and when not to use it?

Sponsored

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have one more question. Since you upload the tune with the Procal does it have all the features on the gauge cluster that it would from factory like it tells you the front locker is on and doesn’t let you activate it without the rear locker on and gives your warnings? Or is just like an aftermarket one that you just have to know It’s on and when not to use it?
You just have to remember it's on or use a lighted switch, it won't have any communication with the bronco, only with you. The procal is only disabling the front axle disconnect in the tune and allows you to change gear ratios if need be.

Im going to guess one day someone will figure out the programming behind the factory dash switches but according to ford it's currently not possible even with a harness.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems fairly straightforward.
Ultimate Dana 44™ AdvanTEK® Front-Drive Unit Axles for Bronco | Spicer Parts

I plan to do my own install and programming myself with ProCal.
Sponsored