Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
nope. They just like grabbing a shovel and digging up old stuff
Or you find a thread that’s relevant to you and don’t care how old it is. Weird people get bothered by “resurrected” threads on a forum.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it has a part # it can be ordered. Honestly though, I remember a rep saying it was only 2mm bigger. I'm just getting the broncbuster sleeve, and jks tie rod sleeves.

Drive like you have some sense and should be good...

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats ridiculous logic. Why aren’t we getting 40’s standard for 55K? Why don’t we get a Ferrari for 55K?
If you're legitimately not sure why, I don't suspect we'd be able to explain it to you.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats ridiculous logic. Why aren’t we getting 40’s standard for 55K? Why don’t we get a Ferrari for 55K?
If Ford included the upgraded components then they could offer 40s standard at $55k. The Ferrari thing is dumb so I won't even acknowledge that. We're talking about parts that cost Ford MAYBE $100 here, doubt even that much.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If Ford included the upgraded components then they could offer 40s standard at $55k. The Ferrari thing is dumb so I won't even acknowledge that. We're talking about parts that cost Ford MAYBE $100 here, doubt even that much.
$100 per Bronco built for something 1000% unnecessary for a stock Bronco. That’s 20 million dollars for Ford on 200,000 Bronco’s being built. Why would they do that? It makes zero sense. You have to upgrade parts when you go to bigger, heavier tires. It’s common knowledge in the off-road community.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you're legitimately not sure why, I don't suspect we'd be able to explain it to you.
They were sarcastic questions. You guys are the ones who think you should get all the parts to run huge tires on a stock vehicle for because you paid money for it. Zero logic.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$100 per Bronco built for something 1000% unnecessary for a stock Bronco. That’s 20 million dollars for Ford on 200,000 Bronco’s being built. Why would they do that? It makes zero sense. You have to upgrade parts when you go to bigger, heavier tires. It’s common knowledge in the off-road community.
power windows is 1000% unnecessary let's remove that too then upsell it to people after they buy it. They can do a/c as well, maybe cruise control too.

Look at it from the perspective of Ford going against their competitors in saying "our vehicle requires little to no modification to run much larger tires as opposed to say Jeep or Toyota". that's worth the small addition to their bottom line.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok….So to get back on topic with this thread, does anyone have a link to purchase the Severe-Duty Steering Rack? I thought I saw it a few months ago, but after the HOSS upgrade package came out for the Wildtrak, I have not been able to find it. I’d much rather upgrade my whole steering rack than to just beef up the inner and outer tie rods. I remember there being a discussion that there are components inside the rack that were also upgraded on the severe-duty rack and it would would be problematic if only the tie rods were upgraded the stock steering rack.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that this post has been ressurrected from the dead, does anyone have any information on if this will be available for separate purchase?
I would presume the rack and upgraded tie rod parts would in time be available and that it would be a simple swap since Wildtraks with and without are built on the same assembly line

parts should work on all models

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMHO

severe duty rack and up-fit rod ends should be included on at least the Badlands and all models with Sasquatch as an attempt at leveling Jeeps current durability advantage of the SFA steering hardware.

If FoMoCo wants to dethrone Jeep Rubicon Xtreme Recon as the most capable Factory offering it needs to step up it's game.

Aside from the weak-link steering parts they also need to actually include " Full Under Body Bash Plates" by adding protection for their plastic transmission pan.

Hell, my 1988 Toyota 4x4 Panel Van had better standard skid plates than the best Bronco offers.
Sponsored