Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow surprised those threads stripped. But glad you found a solution!
Yes, it was weird, I didn't try backing the bolt out to see exactly what happened but maybe a bad nut was welded on. Lost resistance early. Thanks for watching.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting to see how far down around the bend in the frame horn that bottom brace goes. I’m guessing the tab piece that mounts on the back of the bumper slides into that bottom brace piece securing it all together? I wonder if more of the stress on bending frame horns under heavy load is lower down than we think? Idk.

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting to see how far down around the bend in the frame horn that bottom brace goes. I’m guessing the tab piece that mounts on the back of the bumper slides into that bottom brace piece securing it all together? I wonder if more of the stress on bending frame horns under heavy load is lower down than we think? Idk.
Another good tip, if you are using a snatch ring to bring the line back to the Bronco, use a bridle on both recovery points to spread the pulling force to both points evenly. Thanks for watching.

Sponsored

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the detailed video. I did the same install over the weekend and I am extremely pleased with the result.

I did relocate the camera and modified the winch mount such that I moved my parking sensors forward. Both now work flawlessly.

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're welcome, hope it helped and glad you were able to do a work around for the camera and sensors.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're welcome, hope it helped and glad you were able to do a work around for the camera and sensors.
Strangely enough, my ACC still works as well! I did not move that at all, and it seems to work just fine. Even happier that I went with this setup!

OP
OP
Tonka Bronka

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Strangely enough, my ACC still works as well! I did not move that at all, and it seems to work just fine. Even happier that I went with this setup!
That's great news! I think it's a well designed kit, and if used with common sense, should get the Bronco out of some sticky situations with no harm to the vehicle. Enjoy!

Savage

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Bronco, Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has there been many others that have had ACC stop working. I know Ford says it will stop but just curious about actual experience. Would love to not to have to mess with moving my ACC sensor.

Sponsored

luntz

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which winch is it exactly? Ford Performance lists it as "Unique WARN® 10,000 lb. Winch".
VR? Zeon? Zeon Platinum?