Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is #1 just Ford being caution, since I'm not aware of any other winch system that mentions anything like this, or seen anywhere where Ford recommends this if you install any other aftermarket winch.
The extra bracing affects the crumple zones on the frame. I'm guessing they adjust the deploy timing or something to offset it.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is #1 just Ford being caution, since I'm not aware of any other winch system that mentions anything like this, or seen anywhere where Ford recommends this if you install any other aftermarket winch.
The extra bracing affects the crumple zones on the frame. I'm guessing they adjust the deploy timing or something to offset it.
I think @Tricky Mike is correct about this one. Keep in mind Ford sells this in a factory configuration with Everglades, and therefore they had to do all of the NHTSA safety regulation engineering work along with it.

in an ideal world, you would do the same with an aftermarket winch as well, but since those are not sold as a factory config, there is no regulations they have to follow. And obviously we as DIY users don’t have to worry about it either.
And #2 - would that be the intercooler mount maybe? Since on at least the plastic bumper it has the tow hook built into it (not sure what would stop you from a capable bumper -> mod swap though). I can't think of anything else that would necessarily be different off the top of my head.
I assume this is a limitation of the module programming. Since Everglades has a HD modular bumper they likely only programmed and validated the setup with the HD modular bumper.

FDRS (dealer software) automatically hides configuration items that don’t apply to your vehicle, so if your VIN doesn’t have the modular bumper it may not even be possible to run the winch configuration. But I’ll be finding out in the next month or so when I reactivate my FDRS license again.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also contacted Tricky Mike about his frame horn reinforcements and yes I was told they were not offering them anymore because they weren't cost effective. His looked like pieces of art they were so well constructed! I decided to build my own out of .250 gauge plate, not as pretty as Tricky's but very robust!

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The frame horn reinforcements from ADD just look thin and cheap but I also thought the ones that Ford provide with there winch mount don't look overly beefy. But the engineers must think they are sufficient. The ones Tricky made look like the real deal! Tricky you better raise the price and bring them back!!!

Sponsored

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky bring them back please I’ll pay more for good quality

Bronco4Joe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4x4 Southern Comfort
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They might make a comeback, requests have been through the roof since that Raptor had its bumper ripped off. I just have to find a way to trim cost a little....or raise the price.
Raise the price and send it! We're ready to buy

OBXBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The factory installed modular bumper threw me off for awhile but my guys at my dealership installed a take-off modular and a Ford preformance winch pk on mine with no problems.
Ford Bronco Ford Performance winch mount 1000002983
Ford Bronco Ford Performance winch mount 1000002982
Ford Bronco Ford Performance winch mount 1000003083

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Ford Performance winch is a let down.

1) Air bag system must be updated to deploy correctly? Yikes, that also sounds like a PITA to get a dealer to do it
2) Blocks front camera
3) Blocks adaptive cruise
4) Blocks front parking sensors
5) Must have Signature LED lighting, yet blocks adaptive cruise, parking sensors and camera

The aftermarket community is better and more affordable.

OBXBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1) Prefer my air bag system to deploy correctly.
2) most all mounts would require a front camera relocate.
3) don't have adaptive cruise
4) everything thing I mount on mine front and rear blocks sensors.
5) already had LED lighting
6) Found a steal on the Ford preformance winch package new in the box on market place. 7) X-Rack front reciever hitch mounted to the ford setup.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance winch mount 20240225_090355
Ford Bronco Ford Performance winch mount 20230618_092940
Sponsored

Last edited: