Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What are these options they are looking at? :)
Also. I'd love to hear that "We have a solution."

“We are looking at many options to help get vehicles to our customers sooner during this global shortage of semiconductor chips.”
Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They really need to break up the packages. I wanted the big screen and 360 camera but don't need adaptive cruise. I want heated seats and steering wheel but don't care about lane keep assist or auto start stop. Make the options separate so people can pick what they actually want not what they're forced into buying.
uh, that's exactly why they have packages, so you pay for features you don't want lol

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ford releases official build information saying it's removed, then ford comes out and says it's not removed. Is this not the most ford thing ever?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Weird. Precollision warning is standard, but not ahb/lka. All three use a windshield-mounted vision camera, with collision warning being the most advanced... so is it just disabled in software, or an intentionally crippled camera?

If it can visually detect cars and pedestrians, it can detect lane markings and headlights

---

And maybe I'm just the big dumb, but I've never actually seen any evidence of the nav Delete. FordAuthority claimed it was in the order guide as option 59D. I can download a 2022 Bronco Order Guide straight from Ford's website and despite it showing "Effective Job 2", there's no hint of navigation delete or 59D anywhere.
A button and some ForScan programming will likely get it going.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, no navigation wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me. I use Apple Maps or Google Maps via CarPlay anyways.

Maybe I’m an anomaly 🤷‍♂️
Waze is "wazes" better than Ford navigation!!

Sponsored

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I remember when I rented a Fully Loaded Badlands on TURO, the factory nav utilizes the full screen and carplay does not.
Exactly…. After spending time in my wife’s new bronco with the Lux package, I would not want the big screen without Nav. - it is the only screen that makes sense and looks right on a giant screen when driving most of the time.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still love the 12" screen; I wouldn't give that up.
My wife's new F-150 has an 8" screen and I hate it. Actually, I hate touch screens in anything. Just give me nice solid tactile control knobs. There isn't a single touch screen in my '08 Mustang, and I can use all the controls without even looking at them.

So personally, I'd take a "technology delete" option if Ford added it.

My Dad just ordered a brand new 2022 Explorer, and Ford gave him an option of eliminating the A/SS and took $50 off the price. I'd PAY FORD $50 if they left that garbage off my truck.

Ford just needs to say "build in nav is a constraint" just like tow, a top, the proper number of doors, etc.)

If Ford is short on Nav Chips, they have thousands of folks who have waited a year or more for a Base model. It's not like the 50,000 or 70,000 outstanding reservations all have nav.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think about it, the real purpose of the Bronco is to take the roof down/off and doors off and enjoy the... out-of-doors. Does it really need infotainment other than good tunes?

I get it, current youngin's like the tech, but Ford could have just made a tech package optional for a few hundred bucks. Or better , I'd pay a few hundred to opt out of the tech crap. I'm far from a Luddite, I just don't need it in my car. I drive and go places to be off the grid. That's what the machine is for.
Key word here: "Need". Missing word: "want" None of us need any of this. We don't need a Bronco. We want different things. Getting ranty about what one person wants Vs what others want is just a waste of time.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And maybe I'm just the big dumb, but I've never actually seen any evidence of the nav Delete. FordAuthority claimed it was in the order guide as option 59D. I can download a 2022 Bronco Order Guide straight from Ford's website and despite it showing "Effective Job 2", there's no hint of navigation delete or 59D anywhere.
The order guide on Ford's public site is not the latest (April) order guide. It's the February one. For example, it doesn't have the Raptor graphic delete. The April one is available on B6G.

I don't put a lot of faith in the PR side of Ford being up to date on what the engineering, production, and sales sides are doing. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they come back later and say "actually we are deleting the nav option". Guess we'll know in a few weeks when Job #2 hits.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally want the nav, and it's frustrating trying to get more info about this. Is Ford actually removing the feature?
I guess, like everything else Bronco, try to not think about it unless you're open to canceling and getting something else pending the change. Otherwise, wait and see and deal with it when anything is confirmed.

Phoenix Justice

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150- Fusion- Mustang- YJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
● Added: Navigation Removal (59D)

The way I read this in the order guide was as on an "option" They added a Navigation removal code, just as they added other new options.
If you don't want navigation add "59D"onto your order. But I could be all wet, just my read on it.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I read this in the order guide was as on an "option" They added a Navigation removal code, just as they added other new options.
If you don't want navigation add "59D"onto your order. But I could be all wet, just my read on it.
If you drill down into the individual trims, you'll see that navigation removal is listed as a "Required Option" for all of them.

I gotta hand it to the marketing geniuses at Ford. They've stretched the English language to its limits, adding a removal and requiring an option.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I didn't get navigation - Black Diamond.

Any smart phone has all the navigation anyone needs. Android Google Maps (not sure what iPhone has) gives you turn-by-turn. Why the eff a big screen in the dash is needed is beyond me. I'd rather have really good speakers driven by a big M'fing 800W amp [tucked in the space where the screen is].
Factory Nav is Satellite based and phones are cell based so the factory nav keeps working when sail foams lose signal. Sure you can download maps to use offline but there are other apps that work with the nav. The equivalent to the factory nav would be a dash mounted GPS.
Sponsored