Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m holding 250 shares of Ford. I bought at $6.30 in hopes of being rewarded with x plan. Only to have that offer resented. I’m still crossing my fingers for a ‘21. I’m holding on till I know I got a vin because shareholders must own for 6months to qualify if they keep true and honor x plan on a ‘22.

So my question is.... with all these delays, Chip shortages and factory shut downs, how the hell is the stock still climbing? What should we expect it to go to? (Perhaps a better topic for Reddit 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I hadn't tried soem stupid trading earlier in the year, I'd still be at 100 shares that I bought at $6. instead only sitting on 77 shares. but from my initial 600 dollar investmetn, it is pretty good shape.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m holding 250 shares of Ford. I bought at $6.30 in hopes of being rewarded with x plan. Only to have that offer resented. I’m still crossing my fingers for a ‘21. I’m holding on till I know I got a vin because shareholders must own for 6months to qualify if they keep true and honor x plan on a ‘22.

So my question is.... with all these delays, Chip shortages and factory shut downs, how the hell is the stock still climbing? What should we expect it to go to? (Perhaps a better topic for Reddit 🤷🏻‍♂️)
My take is the stock is still going up because they are proving that they can bring great ideas to market (or at least to reservation . . . ) that will have a sales benefit long into the future. Bronco and F150 Lightening EV are the latest examples. Mach-E EV another. Gives reasons to believe they can keep doing this going forward.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Id take the 2K and just use it as a down payment? But I’m not a big stock market fan, I hate gambling.

Sponsored

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

...how the hell is the stock still climbing? What should we expect it to go to? (Perhaps a better topic for Reddit 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Ford had their investor day today, lots of heavy hitting info was revealed including new battery tech, EV platforms, and Ford's whole plan for profitable growth. As an investor you could've watched the Capital Markets day video, they should be posting it sometime soon, lots of cool stuff (albeit I'm a little biased of course as someone that works there haha)

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has never been a great investment, I have watched it for over ten years and its not a money maker. So much for Warren Buffett's advise, buy stock in companies you buy products from.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put a few thousand in at 6.75 a share. I would hold the stock. I expect it to go over $20 by year end. And yes, I did it for x-plan pricing as well as the stock was insanely cheap for the products that they were bringing to market.

Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

It went so high today because of comments the chip shortage hasn't affected them.

If you believe that, then you probably also believe you're getting a Bronco by fall.

Ford stock is overheated, if you ask me. It's never been this hot. I say that as a long-time shareholder. I buy during recessions for a quick buck because Ford always bounces back quickly. They're very good at recovery, but they plateau at about this level in the best of times.

These are not the best of times, obviously.

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just buy $AMC or $GME
I played that game without even knowing it. I was holding the ford but buying and selling AAL. I sold $800 one day and the next day Robinhood froze the stock and 8 others. Lesson learned. When I cash out this ford stock I think I’ll delete that app.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I played that game without even knowing it. I was holding the ford but buying and selling AAL. I sold $800 one day and the next day Robinhood froze the stock and 8 others. Lesson learned. When I cash out this ford stock I think I’ll delete that app.
Haha yeah RH is garbage. Just get a legit broker. I use multiple brokers, but tend to use Fidelity the most.
Sponsored