Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone else riding that F elevator down? Thoughts on if it may stabilize or continue selling off?

Was a good run for months but the quarterly news with chip shortages and not being able to meet their projections for builds wasn't what I wanted to hear either. May be a good time to buy low though.
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gonna come down farther unfortunately, but I got in for $6.66, so Iā€™m not too worried about it. If it gets down to $12, Iā€™ll probably buy more.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolute BS reason for the selling...but a great chance to pick some up again before the return to where it should be.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna come down farther unfortunately, but I got in for $6.66, so Iā€™m not too worried about it. If it gets down to $12, Iā€™ll probably buy more.
I had a big buy order in when it was at 6.66, not wanting to tempt fate, I put the order in for 6.65... it never filled and price went up from there šŸ˜­

Sponsored
OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking to buy the dip like I did with Apple last week at $159.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford missed Street estimates on the latest earnings report, so the stock is down ~10% intraday, but it raised forward guidance for FY22 by 15%-25% above Street estimates. To me, that represents a nice buying opportunity, since I am more focused on the future outlook as an investor.

For a little context, I trade Ford stock and options regularly, so I have a good feel for the trading patterns of both. My average cost basis for my open stock position is $6.47/share (Apr-Oct 2020 buys), so those shares are up ~180% net at present. I have also booked profits from closed positions more than equal to the current value of the open positions, so I am effectively playing with house money at this point.

I haven't bought any shares of F since the fall of 2021. (My recent share transactions have all been sales during the run-up.) However, I bought a bunch of two-year LEAPS call options this morning at $3.85-$3.95/contract ($20 strike price, 1/19/24 expiration date), which were trading down 25% intraday. If the stock price rises materially in the next two years, I expect to book another nice profit on the calls, and if it doesn't, then the cost will simply eat into some of the profits I have already booked.

TL;DR - For me, today represented a good buying opportunity, because I am bullish about Ford's future outlook over the medium to long term. Obviously, YMMV.

OP
OP
Obiwan

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Certainly on a downward tic at the moment.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand someone wanting to own a certain stock but itā€™s hard to be a stock picker. Most would be much better off just buying the S&P500 index, donā€™t sell it, and let their money grow over the long haul.

Hereā€™s Ford compared to the S&P500 over the last 5 years.

2C9E8646-B6C3-4A16-B4D5-8C5864D626FE.jpeg

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my Robinhood App alerts me when stocks are up or down over 5% . it lists the Stock ticker and and says up/down
A couple times lately i've gotten a notification and looked at my watch. This is what i See:

F UP
HHAHAHAHAHHAAHA The kid in me laughs every time i get that

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I bought back in at around 6 dollars. Iā€™m about to dump another 50,000 dollars into $F
Sponsored