First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I disagree about the lightning. Not anything you said about the tech specs of the vehicle or it’s abysmal ability to tow. I do disagree that the owners will be upset. I doubt many will tow anything and therefore, won’t care. Will there be a few, sure, a majority way north of 90% of the owners, won’t though.
I mean, what percentage of pick ups actually tow something now? I’d bet less than 25%.
It will be interesting to see how it works out. I do have a biased perspective growing up in the Midwest. I am routinely towing things like, boats, jet skis, trailers loaded.

You maybe right. Regardless I still think Ford has a real PR problem. It will light a house for a day but can’t pull a trailer over an hour. Put me in the ICE camp.
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree about the lightning. Not anything you said about the tech specs of the vehicle or it’s abysmal ability to tow. I do disagree that the owners will be upset. I doubt many will tow anything and therefore, won’t care. Will there be a few, sure, a majority way north of 90% of the owners, won’t though.
I mean, what percentage of pick ups actually tow something now? I’d bet less than 25%.
It must be a regional thing. We live in East Texas and just about every other truck is towing something. I see so many Travel trailers and fifth wheels now it's crazy.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most people who really want to haul trailers buy an F-250, not a 150. And if they are hauling something heavy like a 24 ft boat or a 4-horse trailer they get a diesel.

My wife has never towed a single thing with her F-150, but she had four bales of alfalfa in the bed the day after we bought it. A lot of "truck stuff" doesn't involve towing. And that short 5.5 ft bed isn't that great at a lot of truck stuff either.

I want to know where people are charging their Lightnings. A Crew Cab F-150 certainly won't fit in a standard length garage. My Mustang barely fits.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It must be a regional thing. We live in East Texas and just about every other truck is towing something. I see so many Travel trailers and fifth wheels now it's crazy.
I live in the NE but travel…often. This is not the case for most 150s on the road or other vehicles that tow. there are defiantly people who do, but they are not buying EVs F150. Like the Mach E, do you think that is the run of the mill GT or Shelby owner buying a Mach E? Hell AZ liberty, you own a 5.0 GT, you trading it for a Mach e any time soon…not an insult, just proving a point. I am going with no, be a suse you have a GT for the power and all it represent.
As for the bed size, what is the bed size on a 150 Raptor or 150 scrèw?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As for the bed size, what is the bed size on a 150 Raptor or 150 scrèw?
SuperCrew is 5'6" bed. Holds 3 bails of hay. If I want to buy a 1/2 ton of gravel I borrow the daughter's old 2001 F-150 with a 6' 8" bed.

Sponsored

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking financial advice on a car forum is skin to taking medical advice from your co-workers.

What vehicle is Ford banking their future on - The electric F150.

You may want to do a google search on real world towing tests with the F150 Lightning. Absolutely disastrous. Unsuspecting owners will be furious how far the range will take them with any amount of towing. I expect this will blow up in Farley’s face and the analysts won’t even bring up the Bronco supply chain debacle. This issue will over shadow that by 100x.

Just my opinion and speculation.
My friend recently towed his boat with his Lightning to and from the lake and made with miles to spare. All depends on how far you want to go. Said you didn’t even know the boat was there.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford stock has a very long history of being a sub $10 stock . Sure it's spiked right after COVID but so did just about every other stock. Those that picked it up in the beginning of the Bronco hopefully sold it when it hit the 20 plus value.

Ford Bronco Ford stock is very undervalued with a PE of 3.9 Screenshot_20221001-055854_Finance
Ford Bronco Ford stock is very undervalued with a PE of 3.9 Screenshot_20221001-060024_Finance

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford the car and Ford the stock are two different things. You can love the former, but not going anywhere near the latter.

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's why there are buyers and sellers...but with a 4.9 percent dividend, beats the hell out of any cd or bank...and in my opinion, a lot of upside potential.
When they don’t suspend it….
Sponsored