Sponsored

Ford to Dealers: Lightning Customers Off-Limits, Free Rein with Broncno Customers

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cannot fathom EVER agreeing to a clause limiting if/when I can sell something I'M making payments on. What if I lose my job? What if I become a monk? My wife leaves me and I have to make life changes, whatever.

I'd like more info on the language in the suggested contract. I am a lightning reservation holder, but my enthusiasm was significantly diminished by the XLT with extended battery ringing in at $72k. That's totally bonkers.
so, you never 'bought' and will never 'buy' digital music or movies? You are a rare person me thinks.
Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The agreement not to resell for a year would really irk me. This isn't some rare supercar. It's a Ford truck.

On the other hand, I can't imagine they would likely ever enforce this. What are they going to do -- monitor social media and auto sale sites for offending sales? Bring lawsuits against their customers over someone reselling for $10k profit? Seems unlikely.
Imagine the publicity. Somebody's financial circumstances change and they have to sell the car. If they don't go after this person then they would be faced with choosing how to selectively enforce this policy and yet not be biased or discriminatory. Doesn't sound like something a legal department would want to get behind, but what do I know.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So Ford has laid down the law to the dealers regarding the upcoming Lightning Reservations, Orders and Sales, while ignoring the same practices dealers are doing to Bronco customers.

Highlights from the Article:
So the message to dealers for ICE sales, including the Bronco, you may proceed to sell with your traditional, methods, taking advantage of the customer any way you care to, aka, No Rules, Free Rein, do what you want!

Further, the article goes on to say Ford is not happy with customers reselling their Bronco's for a $10,000 profit (but it's okay for dealer's to steal customer orders and/or charge $20K - $60K ADM).

@Ford Motor Company would you care to explain why these limitations were not extended to the dealers for Bronco sales?

Full Article (link here):
Yet it's okay for dealer to dealer to dealer yransfers at $10k each transaction

Sponsored

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Imagine the publicity. Somebody's financial circumstances change and they have to sell the car. If they don't go after this person then they would be faced with choosing how to selectively enforce this policy and yet not be biased or discriminatory. Doesn't sound like something a legal department would want to get behind, but what do I know.
Exactly. I said this on a different thread. Ford went after Jon Cena for reselling his GT 500, but I'm not sure the average Ford customer feels too sorry for rich people buying Supercars. Wait till Ford is first spying on their customers to see if they are selling, and then suing them. Bad, bad marketing. And if they pick and choose who "deserves" to get sued they only dig a deeper hole.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The answer to ADM is so simple, just two words

LEASE IT

The leasing company will make them stick to msrp except for accessories and wsrranty
Funny, I said this a few weeks ago and was referring to leasing using Ford Motor Co Financing to set up the lease. Not sure many realize what impact this could have since a lease only pays depreciation.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is organizing an EV division separate from the ICE production.

Hope they get it on direct sales, wave goodbye to dealers.
Sponsored