Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FiST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no problem with that…clamp down on both, but scalpers screw people just trying to buy a vehicle as much as dealers marking up do…every one that is scalped is one taken away from someone who would have bought it at MSRP.
Exactly. At the end of the day Ford is the one causing constraint by not gauging interest accurately. Supply and Demand, how does it work? 😆
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have no problem with that…clamp down on both, but scalpers screw people just trying to buy a vehicle as much as dealers marking up do…every one that is scalped is one taken away from someone who would have bought it at MSRP.
I was thinking the same thing my friend. Hopefully it will keep the profiteers out of the way, so the folks that really want one to drive can get theirs sooner. If only Ford thought that much about us Bronco buyers. But, it seems we are just an afterthought to Ford. With Levine's tweet about stopping dealers for sticking stupid high ADM's on the Lightning it looks like Ford doesn't think of us at all.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me the Lightning Pro starting at $40K doesn’t seem like it’s in the same league as the Rivian starting at $74K. I know most here will say “but the XLT starts at $58K and is $76K with the extended battery”, and they’re right, but I order a Pro with packages and options at $46K.
I disagree, but we will see.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short of Ford giving me a bronco, they or nobody else will tell me what I can or can’t sell.

Sponsored

TacocaT

Wildtrak
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Explorer Platinum, 15 Roadglide, 12 Duke 1199
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see both sides of this argument. I have a 2dr WT and a Lightning on order. I don't intend on selling them. That being said, if someone offers me a ridiculous amount of money, I'm selling and should have the right to do so.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure anyone wanting to buy one from a dealer that goes with this program will have to sign a contract stating that they can't/won't sell within a year or (what ever the penalty) will happen. Don't like it? You don't get to buy it, simple as that.

All these "Ford can't tell me what to do with my stuff" posts are silly, I'm sure it'll be nailed down by their lawyers how to do this. Maybe the warranty can't be transferred, all vehicles are connected to the net now, Ford knows if a vehicle doesn't park at all anymore where it's supposed to, who knows what other options they have. While someone upthread made an interesting argument with some rare Porsche, this will not be a rare truck, so a bit different IMO. And I'd expect there would be a 'right to buy back' or something like that clause in there too for those "what if" scenarios people dream up here. Can't pay for it anymore or moving to Jamaica? We'll get first dibs on buying it back at x price.

I still have a reservation for a Lightning, made the night of reveal just because it's a fascinating machine to me, I don't think I'll buy it unless I can dream up a reason to have yet an other truck/vehicle, I'm very happy with my dealer (got xprice) so I'll ask them if they want to keep the reservation open or if I should cancel it. I thought about flipping but decided quite a while ago that a couple thousand is not worth the headache and time needed to figure out how all that works, never sold a car to anyone other than trade in. And personally I find flippers and scalpers scummy and don't really want to swim in their pool, LOL.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure anyone wanting to buy one from a dealer that goes with this program will have to sign a contract stating that they can't/won't sell within a year or (what ever the penalty) will happen. Don't like it? You don't get to buy it, simple as that.

All these "Ford can't tell me what to do with my stuff" posts are silly, I'm sure it'll be nailed down by their lawyers how to do this. Maybe the warranty can't be transferred, all vehicles are connected to the net now, Ford knows if a vehicle doesn't park at all anymore where it's supposed to, who knows what other options they have. While someone upthread made an interesting argument with some rare Porsche, this will not be a rare truck, so a bit different IMO. And I'd expect there would be a 'right to buy back' or something like that clause in there too for those "what if" scenarios people dream up here. Can't pay for it anymore or moving to Jamaica? We'll get first dibs on buying it back at x price.

I still have a reservation for a Lightning, made the night of reveal just because it's a fascinating machine to me, I don't think I'll buy it unless I can dream up a reason to have yet an other truck/vehicle, I'm very happy with my dealer (got xprice) so I'll ask them if they want to keep the reservation open or if I should cancel it. I thought about flipping but decided quite a while ago that a couple thousand is not worth the headache and time needed to figure out how all that works, never sold a car to anyone other than trade in. And personally I find flippers and scalpers scummy and don't really want to swim in their pool, LOL.
I’m positive your dealership would be happy to keep your Lightning reservation rather than canceling it. Mine offered an extra $100 above the $100 deposit to let them keep my second Bronco reservation.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s widely stated that MSRP=invoice on the Lightning forums. Apparently the dealer profit on a Lightning is all in the form of holdback for meeting specific criteria.

https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/2022-ford-lightning-invoice-pricing-is-totally-weird

Across the industry the gap between invoice and MSRP has been shrinking, on my $47K Badlands the delta was under $1400, on some $35K Rangers I was looking at for work it was $1000.

Letter from Ford:
A0C6A099-F713-4E7C-835E-491C9BB2D914.jpeg
The are speaking better invoice pricing for each individual lightning sold based on 8 obligations. One of those obligations is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to upgrade their dealership.
So dealers get a better invoice before holdback on the different lightnings they sell.

On top of that the government is giving the buyers money to pay for the truck.
F20DCFB2-2419-41F5-8125-CED2336632EA.jpeg

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The are speaking better invoice pricing for each individual lightning sold based on 8 obligations. One of those obligations is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to upgrade their dealership.
So dealers get a better invoice before holdback on the different lightnings they sell.

On top of that the government is giving the buyers money to pay for the truck.
Ford Bronco UNBELIEVABLE!! [Ford Dealers Can Now Ban Customers From Reselling Vehicles] F20DCFB2-2419-41F5-8125-CED2336632EA
I pay too damn much in taxes, I’ll gladly claw back $7500 in tax rebates.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's nothing new....they did it with the GT 🤷
Ford produced 1.9 million vehicles in 21. And 60k Broncos. (3.5%) people in general love the bronco. The problems we know about are all lost in the noise to the bigger picture.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pay too damn much in taxes, I’ll gladly claw back $7500 in tax rebates.
You don’t get the money. The manufacturers do. Along with the billions the received from the government to build their new plants.

Just saying the business model is not viable.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Telling me I "can't" sell something I own..... WTAF!?!
How about go F yourself Dealer/Ford/ anyone that wants to restrict a private party from selling their personal property. 🤬
No, you and ford agreeing to you keeping for a set amount of time and YOU signing a binding agreement that you wont. they are telling you shit, you are AGREEING to it. Everyone in America needs to stop playing the gd victim.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t see how this is enforceable. We live in a free society, if someone wants to sell their personal property, they should be able to. Also, if a dealer offers a vehicle for sale that’s above suggested retail, that’s their right. Restricting seller’s rights may seem like a good idea, but I’m a firm believer in unintended consequences. As I’ve said in many posts, I’d like to see the automobile business go to the agency model, where the OEM sets the price and sells the vehicle. The delivering dealer gets paid a commission. Current franchise laws stand in the way of progress.
Agree. How would the dealership even know if I decided to sell my vehicle? Unless you have Ford financing.
Sponsored