First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, you and ford agreeing to you keeping for a set amount of time and YOU signing a binding agreement that you wont. they are telling you shit, you are AGREEING to it. Everyone in America needs to stop playing the gd victim.
Well, since I'd never agree to that crap, because once I pay for it, IT"S MINE, period, I'll never bow to their Bull-S. Not a victim, a gd one, or any other kind. 👍
Sponsored

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would the dealership even know if I decided to sell my vehicle?
Maybe they would and maybe they wouldn't, but it's not best practice to sign legal documents you simply plan to ignore. You have the choice to not sign, go to a different dealer, or buy a Chevy. Ford is not "UNBELIEVABLE" or banning anything. You. Are. Agreeing. with a legally enforceable contract. OTOH, I have issues with organizations that force us to do something we dont necessarily agree to. IRS comes to mind...

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Saying Ford already did this with the GT 500 misses the point. That was an extremely limited production Supercar sold to the ultra-rich as a play toy.

Asking Joe American to agree not to sell his high-volume produced family truck seems like horrible over-reaching to me. Then it puts Ford in the position of spying on their customers and suing their customers. Really? Is that good marketing? Does that build brand loyalty?

Yes, Ford sued Jon Cena. I think there was some bad publicity on that, but the average customer didn't identify with Jon Cena buying a GT 500.

How will we feel about Ford suing our neighbor who decided the truck didn't work for him? Or will Ford pick and choose the people who "deserve" to get sued? This is really a bad idea.

Just because they can do something doesn't mean they should...

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think of it logically, if everyone had to abide by a non-compete until 1 years time, and if Ford keeps frigging this up, demand and value will continue to increase. Ford is manipulating the market to artificially drive demand and price... They began by pairing the Bronco with the Ranger with a constrained capacity and it only got worse from there. Also, morons who love HOAs should positively adore this.
Sponsored