Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Very modest deterrent if the doors are off, since anyone knows the back seats fold forward on SUVs. However, with the doors installed, it can be pretty effective since you have to unlock the doors to get access to the rear seats. And unlocking them without a key will trip the alarm (I believe). So yes, if doors remain on vehicle, but I donā€™t think it does much if you go full ā€œnudeā€.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Updated the thread - original post to include a second video link for a couple of Mods I have made to the enclosure - for easy removal/reinstall of top lid of enclosure. (required to use Top Lift Pro to remove roof)

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Had a good question on my YouTube regarding locking - security with doors on, roof off and ability to unlock the tailgate with door locks, the poster asked:

Great Video, thanks, but is there anything stopping someone from just pressing the unlock button on the doors, if they were there, and just opening the rear door and having full access?

So I tested it out, and learned a little bit, and thought I would share:

Yes. If the key is not near the vehicle (appears to be greater than 15 to 20 feet when I test it), the ā€œunlockā€ buttons do not work in the vehicle when you reach inside and try the ā€œunlockā€ buttons on doors - and when ā€œunlockā€ is pushed, the car will give a notice on the instrument display ā€œSWITCHES INHIBITED - SECURITY MODEā€. If you pull the door handles to open, the door will unlock and open (safety requirement so you canā€™t lock someone in vehicle)- but in about 5-10 seconds the alarm system goes off. You get an immediate security WARNING on the instrument cluster at the moment of door handle activation, but the car gives you about 5-10 seconds to disable the alarm with Fob or key. The alarm cannot be silenced without the key fob or key unlocking. When I leave my doors on (roof fully removed), I still roll up the windows. I am 6ā€™2ā€ and I cannot reach the door handle by reaching over the open roof, even if I stand on the running board. So certainly, leave windows up as an other great deterrent. But yes, the interior unlock button disabled when locked, and using interior door handle will trip alarm.

Tatonka

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Honda S2000, Nissan 350z
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Aviator if you were to remove the top panel of the fixed system could you still store the doors in the cargo area or would you have to remove the entire system?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Aviator if you were to remove the top panel of the fixed system could you still store the doors in the cargo area or would you have to remove the entire system?
I havent tried that, but would expect it would hold the doors still. The sidewalls of the ā€œboxā€ are very close to the sidewalls of the vehicle (about 1 inch of space between container box and interior trim walls), and the tiedown points are all available. It is 41 inches, sidewall-to-sidewall of the ā€boxā€ versus about 43 inches interior trim wall to interior trim wall..

Tatonka

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Honda S2000, Nissan 350z
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Okay good to know. I hate to ask but if you happen to take the doors off sometime in the next few weeks, could you confirm and let me know? I'd appreciate it! Thank you

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had this enclosure for about a year and a half now, and overall it works well. My one major complaint is that most of the hardware has rusted. The entire point of this thing is for security when the top is off/down, so presumably they should know it will get rained on once in a while. It would have been nice to pay an extra $10 or so for them to use stainless or galvanized hardware so I don't have to go replacing it all.
Sponsored