Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_9525
Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_9515

Just finished installing my new Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid (there is a similar product with a hinged lid). Gotta say, this is transformative for using my “Nude” Bronco for multi-stop chores and errands. My only issue with topless has been that once you put stuff in the back, you are done and need to head home. No multi-stop store runs, as your cargo was not secure. This absolutely fixes that issue. Very secure. Very solid and rattle-free. Enjoy going out for the day, and tossing stuff into the back, out of site and securely locked.

This is a detailed install guide, for even the novice to be able to follow. Easier to scrub-throught the video for the experienced installer, than have someone new to mods, and the world of DIY,wishing I had shown how to do something.

An update - PART 2 - to give a couple of recommendations for modification. Especially it you want to be able to easily remove the top deck/lid for use of Top Lift Pro, or cargo caring height when the roof is on, and you don’t need the enclosure top installed.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford's Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid - Installation Guide and Review IMG_9515

Just finished installing my new Cargo Area Enclosure with Fixed Lid (there is a similar product with a hinged lid). Gotta say, this is transformative for using my “Nude” Bronco for multi-stop chores and errands. My only issue with topless has been that once you put stuff in the back, you are done and need to head home. No multi-stop store runs, as your cargo was not secure. This absolutely fixes that issue. Very secure. Very solid and rattle-free. Enjoy going out for the day, and tossing stuff into the back, out of site and securely locked.

This is a detailed install guide, for even the novice to be able to follow. Easier to scrub-throught the video for the experienced installer, than have someone new to mods, and the world of DIY,wishing I had shown how to do something.

Those little D rings on the top don’t bounce and rattle?

bulldogg915

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I installed the hinged version on mine and highly appreciative of the added security for both top-off and top-on instances. It was a bit of a PITA install, especially getting the final bolts attached from the rear-seat panel but eventually got it in.

The drawbacks are noticeable though.

First of all, I have a BRaptor which means that the lid doesn't really go up very high as the rear bar blocks it so I never use that functionality.

Secondly you can't fold down the panel against the rear seat in case you need to transport something long/large. Not the biggest issue but when you need the capability, you need it and don't have it.

The last item is that the lid blocks the space needed to use something like a TopLift Pro or RollNJack for easier removal of a hardtop. I have a camstrap system that I use in my garage but would prefer the ease of one of those tools but the lid simply blocks that functionality. And if I considered removing the lid to use the tool I lose all of the time and effort that it would provide by having to dissassemble and reassemble the lid.

One product that solves all of those issues is the Diabolical Slipstream as it's far more flexible in design. But I couldn't justify spending $1400 for that product when I got my Tuffy for less than $400 (found a significant discount code when I purchased). Diabilical has some discounts from time to time but still ends up well over $1200. I just can't justify that cost and then still needing to do some small mods to remove the rattling that the Diabolical product has with it's pin connector design.

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@DallasCajun agree on the drawbacks but it's a nice alternative to the diabolical one for the price. I finally used my Ford points when getting mine and it came out to ~$350. The diabolic was not worth the price difference in my opinion and the day after installing it I had to pick up new sliders and they fit fine diagonally with the passenger seat down.

Was also worried about the whole thing rattling but the install is solid and it doesn't rattle at all while driving.

MyBHinds

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I installed the hinged version on mine and highly appreciative of the added security for both top-off and top-on instances. It was a bit of a PITA install, especially getting the final bolts attached from the rear-seat panel but eventually got it in.

The drawbacks are noticeable though.

First of all, I have a BRaptor which means that the lid doesn't really go up very high as the rear bar blocks it so I never use that functionality.

Secondly you can't fold down the panel against the rear seat in case you need to transport something long/large. Not the biggest issue but when you need the capability, you need it and don't have it.

The last item is that the lid blocks the space needed to use something like a TopLift Pro or RollNJack for easier removal of a hardtop. I have a camstrap system that I use in my garage but would prefer the ease of one of those tools but the lid simply blocks that functionality. And if I considered removing the lid to use the tool I lose all of the time and effort that it would provide by having to dissassemble and reassemble the lid.

One product that solves all of those issues is the Diabolical Slipstream as it's far more flexible in design. But I couldn't justify spending $1400 for that product when I got my Tuffy for less than $400 (found a significant discount code when I purchased). Diabilical has some discounts from time to time but still ends up well over $1200. I just can't justify that cost and then still needing to do some small mods to remove the rattling that the Diabolical product has with it's pin connector design.
Will - The lid on the cargo enclosure does not prevent the use of a RollNJack. That is what I use. I trimmed off two - three inches off the length of the support bars and it works fine. It's a tight fit, but I've been using the RollNJack long before it was even approved for Bronco use.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not being able to put the back down is something I am trying to fix on mine now. I am thinking of replacing the bolts with quick disconnects with pins on the inside. I went camping and do not have the roof rack, so placing the tent (large 8-person) in the back wouldn't work until I pulled the back of the cage out. Love the security when it the top is off, but miss easily getting the long items in.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Diabolical and did have to do some tweaking to not have any rattle but it is solid and has the fold down option and the door against the seats. I got it when they first came out so had the discount.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will - The lid on the cargo enclosure does not prevent the use of a RollNJack. That is what I use. I trimmed off two - three inches off the length of the support bars and it works fine. It's a tight fit, but I've been using the RollNJack long before it was even approved for Bronco use.
Thanks SO MUCH for this feedback. I was wondering if I could just trim the arms of the RollNJack so reached out to them but haven't heard back. I might just consider pulling the trigger on that one. Did you also purchase the Half-Moon posts or just using the standard ones?

TopLift did provide guidance that the Venture Pro model would work after I gave them some dimensions so it's an alternative that I could also easily break-down for winter storage but I do prefer the design of the RnJ better as it takes up less floor space.

Sponsored

MyBHinds

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks SO MUCH for this feedback. I was wondering if I could just trim the arms of the RollNJack so reached out to them but haven't heard back. I might just consider pulling the trigger on that one. Did you also purchase the Half-Moon posts or just using the standard ones?

TopLift did provide guidance that the Venture Pro model would work after I gave them some dimensions so it's an alternative that I could also easily break-down for winter storage but I do prefer the design of the RnJ better as it takes up less floor space.
I have standard posts. I've been very pleased with it. No issues, very stable. I jcurrently have the top sitting on it now. Has been sitting there for a couple months. I pull my classic bronco up underneath the RollNJack and hardtop sits over the hood of the classic. It's also easy to align the hardtop pins when putting the top back on because it rolls so smoothly.

jrbreeland

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems like it would be easy to fabricate a new piece that has the ability to fold down. I'm leaning towards the Tuffy due to price.

Catatonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not sure I really understand the security on these. Theoretically this is to keep your stuff safe like a trunk when the top is down, or in lieu of a hard top, right? What is to keep a person from just clicking the unlock button on the door and then just opening up the tailgate. Am I missing how you lock the tailgate independent of the central locking?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure I really understand the security on these. Theoretically this is to keep your stuff safe like a trunk when the top is down, or in lieu of a hard top, right? What is to keep a person from just clicking the unlock button on the door and then just opening up the tailgate. Am I missing how you lock the tailgate independent of the central locking?
Once it is locked the fob has to be right there with you to unlock.
So walking away with the fob in your pocket prevents entry once you lock the doors.
Sponsored